ultimate Christmas/holiday playlist

Professor Elvera Le Fey

Seer, Mother of twins, Divination 3-4, inner eye

OOC First Name
Mia
Wand
Oak 14 3/4" with an Essence of Raven Feather core.
so I was putting some Christmas music on this morning and there are so many versions of almost all Christmas songs. what is the ultimate Christmas playlist?

I will put the first song out there. my Christmas guilty pleasure.
Santa Baby, Glee cast version sung by Naya Rivera.

As someone who's more patriotic than I care to admit, my choice is How To Make Gravy by Paul Kelly. Not an upbeat Christmas song by any means, but really damn good and a change of pace.

Plus, anything that's not about snow works for me. =))

I am happy to add some of my favorites to this list! I've been curating my own Christmas playlist for a couple years now.

The Lights and Buzz - Jack's Mannequin
Holiday-ish - The Regrettes
Merry Christmas Everybody - I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME
Winder Song - Ingrid Michaelson
Christmas Duel - The Hives feat. Cyndi Lauper
Yule Shot Your Eye Out - Fall Out Boy
Christmas is Going to the Dogs - Eels
If We Make it Through December - Phoebe Bridgers
Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses

Ok I think that's enough lol

In the interest of also being patriotic I'd have to add Christmas on the Beach, the kiwi classic that it is.
I'm also a fan of a version of the Holly and the Ivy by Los Campesinos!

(also seconding Yule Shoot Your Eye Out as a pop punk Christmas classic, thank u Kadi)

There are probably a bunch of songs I like but the two that always put me into the holiday spirit are-

Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano - it's a song I've heard since I was a child and is a song I remember hearing my older family members (who aren't native English speakers ) sing with such enthusiasm every time it came on. I actually heard it yesterday and my partner shared a similar story about his family that made me smile.

(It must've been ol') Santa Claus by Harry Connick Jr. - this is another one that fills me with nostalgia. It's also a fun song!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back