Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Elliot)
Wand
Curly 13 1/2 Inch Sturdy Mahogany Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
1 yellow + 1 pink rose, open after Elio

While Alice always loved the rose delivery event, her heart wasn't entirely in it this year. After the breakup with Blake, Alice was not really in the mood for romance. She also put less effort into her appearance, not wearing the usual flower crown, but putting her hair in a messy bun instead. She wasn't even sure if she would go to the dance tonight, but she did have to get through these deliveries. Delivering to someone who was also delivering roses was always a bit tricky, so Alice spent a bit of time looking around for Elio before she spotted the Gryffindor outside. "Elio!" She called, running over to him with her basket. "I have two roses for you."

Elio had t started his deliveries yet. Despite the fact he had his own to deliver he was waiting until that afternoon to hand them out and focus on the morning on other things he needed to get done before the day was through. Hearing his name, Elio looked up to see one of his best friends running over to him, and wondered for a moment if she was okay. “Hey Alice,” he grinned, looking to her basket. “What, really?” If he was going to get a rose from anyone he would have thought Rowan, but didn’t think she would send him two.

Alice pushed a strand of hair escaping from her bun back impatiently, nodding at Elio's disbelief. If her smile was slightly forced, she hoped he didn't see it. "Yes, really." She told him teasingly. "I'll give you the yellow one first, and then the pink one if you ask nicely." She joked, handing the yellow rose over to the boy.

Yellow Rose said:

Alice seemed a little off, but then again there was a lot happening. He took the yellow rose, reading the note of apology. Who on earth was sorry to him? It took him a moment to realise there was only one person he had grief with, but would someone like him really try to apologise? Maybe it was someone else entirely, although unless they told him to his face how was he meant to know? "Um, thank you." he said, looking back up to Alice, another smile appearing on his face, "Oh please Alice, please can I have the pink one too?" he grinned.

Rowan had been stumbling around the great lawn for a while, trying to find some of the rose recipients she'd been tasked with, so finding Elio with Alice to receive a rose had been entirely by accident. The yellow rose he was being handed didn't surprise her in the least, people sent yellow roses all the time, but, the pink one? That was interesting. And so was the way he went about asking for it. "Hehe, Oh please Alice, please may I have my other far more interesting pink rose, please Alice." She said, mocking him.​

Alice laughed as Elio went along with her joke, taking the pink rose from her basket. "Alright, here you go." Her smile faded a little as Rowan showed up to mock Elio, she hadn't intended for it to be something anyone made fun of. "Oh, hi Rowan." she said, handing over Elio's pink rose with a slightly apologetic smile. She hoped he didn't mind receiving a pink rose in front of someone else.

It's something about those glasses - Chrys

Elio grinned when Alice handed him the rose, noticing Rowan before he had a chance to look at it. “She’s just jealous,” he whispered to Alice, knowing full well Rowan could hear him. He glanced down at the note, trying to be quick enough so that the Gryffindor didn’t see it. He stuffed it in his pocket quickly, not really wanting to tell Rowan about Chrys yet although maybe she already knew since they were friends. “Are you going to the dance later?” He asked.

Rowan frowned at Elio and let in a gasp of shock at his words. "Me? Jealous?" She asked, unable to keep the grin from her face as she spoke. She looked over at Alice, "it's true, I am jealous and he knows it." She told the Hufflepuff softly, though it was definitely loud enough for him to hear. She tried to peek at the note that was given with the rose, but hadn't been able to see it before he'd managed to sneak it into his pocket and she made a sad puppy face at him. She tugged sadly on his sleeve. "Ellioooooo," not that it would do any good. She perked up a little as he asked if Alice was going to attend the dance. "Oh, I keep forgetting about the dance!"

Alice would have liked to ask Elio a bit about the note, but it was clear he didn't want Rowan to see. Alice smiled at their jokes, but when Elio asked her about the dance, her smile faded a little. Alice tucked her hair behind her ear and lowered her eyes. "I don't think so. Maybe for a bit." She said evasively. "The last dance wasn't... that great." She said, wincing a little at her own words. Why did she have to bring that up? She guessed they had heard the rumors, but hoped they wouldn't linger on it too much, though they had likely heard the rumors. "But you guys should have fun." She added, her smile returning to her face quickly.

Elio knew what Alice was referring to even though he'd never spoken to her about it. He just hoped that his rose to her had at least given off the intention he was going for, and that he was looking out for Alice even if they didn't always get the chance to speak. The prefect shot Rowan a warning look, shaking his arm free of hers for a moment. He loved Rowan he really did, but he would have to tell her later if he was going to tell her any time at all. "Look, Alice, we've all had our fair share of cr***y dances," he began, thinking back to the one they'd ever had last year, "that doesn't mean that it should ruin future ones too, especially not when you've worked so hard to make everyone else's Valentines Day special." Elio didn't want to know that Alice was by herself on an evening like tonight, "Come with me," he said it before he could stop himself. Sure, he and Rowan would usually attend together and it wasn't like they'd still be able to hang out, but he couldn't picture Alice not being at the event too. "I promise it will be a million times better than the last one, I'll even dance with you if you want," he said, hoping Rowan wasn't about to chime in with how awful his dancing really was.

Rowan felt Elio pull his sleeve free and it honestly felt like a slap in the wrist. Okay, message received. She stepped back a little from Elio. She knew she was a bit much sometimes so she let him have his moment with Alice. He was her friend too, she knew that and she was working on it. She stayed silent throughout what he was saying, not really all that surprised when he invited Alice to the dance with him. They never really talked about going together or not, it was kind of just a given, so she didn't really have a problem with it, except for whether or not Alice would be comfortable with having Rowan around since they barely knew each other. Mostly Rowan's fault, she wasn't much of a people person and though she was trying to change that, she doubted it would happen over night.​

Alice smiled sadly and shook her head. She understood Elio wanted to make her feel better, but she didn't think he had ever been cheated on so publicly and been so humiliated. She just wasn't in the mood. "I think all my energy for today went into the roses." She admitted quietly. "I might show up for a little while, but... I would prefer if you went with someone you wanted to." She said quietly. She noticed Rowan was very quiet, and suspected she wasn't really in the mood to have Alice hanging around her and Elio. Alice tucked some of her hair behind her ear and straightened her back, firm. "No thank you, Elio. It's a sweet offer, but I would just ruin the dance for you." She told him. "Please have a lot of fun, for me. Okay?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back