Thomas Homestead

"No," Estrella replied automatically, and then corrected herself, feeling like a dork. "Wait a minute; I have a baby brother named Erik." Who could blame her for forgetting? She hadn't seen him since the summer, and that was only for a fleeting few hours.

Mindy walked up the stairs a few moments after Estrella and Morgan had left the room, she was so consumed in setting the table she didn't even notice the two arrivals. While jumping up the stairs she passed her brothers room and laughed at Lee pinned to the floor and cursing, "HAHA!" Mindy pointed at him and laughed loudly.

Stopping at Morgans doorway she peered inside the room with her usual cheeky toothless smile, "Estrella!" she exclaimed out loud and jumped on the bed next to her. Mindy wrapped around Estrella as far as her little arms allowed her.

"Hiyah Mindy!" Estrella exclaimed, giving the little girl a tight hug and smiling brightly back at her. "How have you been, hun?" She was constricted by the little girl, and she seemed to cling to her tighter than ever before. It was odd, because usually, little kids didn't like her.

((
While jumping up the stairs she passed her brothers room and laughed at Lee pinned to the floor and cursing, "HAHA!" Mindy pointed at him and laughed loudly.

that made me giggle.))

Kale followed shortly after the girls up the stairs and walked to his room, he was able to hear the muffled voices of his two brother from downstairs and thought that he would check what was going on in their room.

As Kale turned to Lee and Rogers room, Lee was still pinned to the floor and Roger was sitting comfortably on Lee's back. Kale threw his pack on the floor and thumped into their room; tackling Roger in the process and tag teaming with him against Lee.

Lee was currently pinned on the floor with Roger sitting on him, he squirmed with all of his strength but had extreme difficulty getting his brother off of his back. "Why is it always me that gets picked on?" Lee muttered between his teeth, Roger getting much more heavy as the seconds passed. As Kale was visible in the hall, Lee let out a sigh of relief, hoping that he would help him out like old times. Unfortunately, he wrestled Roger over and they both went straight to Lee..

Lee let out a loud grunt as he hit the floor once more. "AH!"

Mindy scrunched her face as if she had just taken a bite out of something sour, "I have been very bored!" she called out with disgust and her arms crossed.

She looked at Estrella as she heard thumps and more muffled voices from the other room, "Stupid boys!!" Mindy yelled.

Estrella giggled, "Are they trying to kill each other in there?" She wondered why fighting was always so appealing to boys.

Kale roared with laughter, dragging Lee down to the floor with him, along with Roger, all three of them hitting the wall in the process.

"I'm really quite afraid for their health..." Morgan groaned while listening to the constant yelling and laughter from the opposite room. Her mood was very laid back compared to her brothers, with a shrug at the shoulders she shook her head at Esrtella, "Trust me, Estrella. Boys will always be boys.." Morgan rolled her eyes.

Estrella giggled. "I grew up with my cousin; I know. Your brothers are just a million times rowdier!" She laid back on the bed, and then suddenly grabbed Mindy, tickling her sides.

Mindy looked back and fourth at Estrella and Morgan as they conversed with one another. As Estrella tickled her sides she jerked to life, "No! Estrella!" Mindy squealed, rolling over on the bed next to her she kicked her legs in the air and made more silly sounds. Mindy jumped back over to Estrella, trying to get her back, but her arms were too short to reach.

"RAWR! I'm the TICKLE MONSTER!" Estrella shouted, hoping that her voice wasn't so loud that it defeated the noise that the boys were making, and she laughed as she tickled Mindy's sides. She stopped for a moment, however, figuring that it would be fair to let Mindy get her back.

Mindy giggled loudly while rolling back and fourth, finally getting a chance to get attack Estrella with tickles she jumped forward as Estrella stopped. "You're not the tickle monster!" she squealed with big eyes. After a few moments of tickling Estrella back she moved away from her, drawing herself back to the commotion in the boys' room. "What are they doing?!" Mindy asked with a high pitched voice, not necissarily used to the rough housing they were involved in.

Walking toward the room she looked toward Estrella and Morgan as if she wanted them to follow.

"Ah!" Estrella mocked screamed as Mindy tickled her, "No! I'm defeated!" She giggled, and rose from the bed as Mindy inquired what the boys were doing. She followed her, and turned to Morgan. "You coming, Morgan?" she asked.

Morgan adjusted herself before standing up, "Blahh..sure, why not?" she said with a laugh while following after Mindy.

Mindy ran as quick as she could to the boys' room, the sight of them toppled over eachother and attempting to give one another wet willys was a silly sight. With her normal attitude she walked over to where Roger and Kale was and picked up one of the boys' shoes, "YOU!! Leave Lee alone!!" she yelled out at Roger and Kale while smacking them both in the face with a ratty old shoe.

Estrella clapped her hand over her mouth; she had no idea that Mindy was so violent. She was caught between laughing her butt off and going to help the boys; getting hit in the face was no fun. She did admire Mindy's bravery and her dedication to her older brother, but she imagined that would have to hurt. Instead of saying anything, she stood back in the doorway; it was quite a comical sight. She wondered where Tarren was at; did he just ignore all of this? He was definitely of a different personality than his brothers.

As Roger felt a blow to his face he thought that Lee had finally broken free on his own, at the sight of Mindy his mouth dropped for a moment, "Mindy!" he shouted with disbelief, "What was that for?" Roger was on the verge of laughing himself to the floor as he reached over for Mindy and tossed her on the bed.

Kale suddenly felt a blow to is cheek bone as he le go of Lee's leg, hewas ready to punch whoever had punched him right back but was caught off gaurd at the sight of Mindy standing with a shoe in her hand. "Mindy, don't worry!" he said in the middle of pinning Lee back to the floor, "This we're just playing!" Kale said trying to make Mindy understand that they weren't hurting her brother.

At the sight of Estrella, Kale looked up at her from the floor and laughed. "Well, hello there." he said with a smile, not noticing her standing there for a moment. "Roger, this is Estrella" Kale introduced them while gesturing up to her.

Morgan looked down at her immature brothers with an arched brow, "You guys really need to be careful..." she rolled her eyes, "..one of these days you're going to fall through the floor, think of the fit Ma would throw at that." Morgan crossed her arms across her chest and turned on her heel back to her room.

"Hi," Estrella replied, smiling at Roger, and then looking after Morgan as she yelled at the boys, and promptly left the room. She did agree, although it would be quite humorous if all the boys fell through the floor.

Roger looked at the girl who was standing in his doorway, a bit confused on who she was. "Oh," he said standing up on his feet and letting Lee free, "Hi, I'm Roger" Roger bowed while keeping his brother in his eyesight, trying to stay ready at a attack, "Are you two staying for the whole break?" he asked casually for either Estrella or Kale to answer, while tossing the ratty shoe that Mindy hit him with in the closet.

Mindy rolled over to the side of the bed where Roger was standing closest as Kale introduced Roger to Estrella, she tugged on his shirt and as Roger got down to her level she cupped her hands next to his ear and whispered; as loudly as she usually would, "His girlfriend!" Mindy said with a fit of giggled while looking in Estrella's direction and rolling off the bed, so she could cling onto her legs once more.

Estrella blushed a beet red as Mindy said it; it was still awkward telling other people. She giggled nervously, always unsure what to do or say around Kale's family members. She smiled as the little girl clung to her legs like silly putty to a newspaper. "No, actually we're just staying tonight," she replied to Roger, "We're going to my uncle's in the states." She smiled, even though she felt sad all of a sudden; would she ever be able to come back here again? With the way her family was? She really hoped so.

Nancy, who had been busy in the kitchen had set everything out on the table ready for the kids to head down the stairs. While placing a bowl of rolls on the table, she hollered upstairs to get their attention, "Dinners ready!! Get cleaned up and head downstairs!" she turned away from the stairs and headed back into the kitchen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back