Thomas Homestead

Nancy Thomas

Nancy paced about the house, trying to make herself busy as she awaited her son and Estrella's enterance through the front door. She had gotten a letter from Kale that informed her that he would be staying at Estrella's uncles home in the states. The idea gave her an uneasy feeling in her stomach since her son hadn't ever been so far away from home.

Mindy jumped up and down the stairs as Morgan, Lee and Roger unpacked their trunks upstairs. It was a new feeling having her children home for winter break, all at the same time...for once. Nancy put on her oven mits and took a meatloaf out of the oven, fried potatoes were simmering on the oven top, the aroma in the Thomas Homestead smelled as if Nancy were cooking long and hard in the kitchen for days.

With a smile on her face she set the table as she waited for Tarren, Morgan, Lee and Roger to make an appearence at the dinner table. "Mindy, will you please help me set the table darling?" Nancy asked in a sweet voice, hoping that her daughter would obey her wishes.

Mindy smiled a cheeky smile at her mother and traipesed across the floor on her knees playfully, not exactly following her mothers command--just yet. Jumping up and down, the pitter patter of her little feet gliding across the wood floor was a silly sight. "Yes mummy" she stood on the counter top and removed two plates from the cupboard.

"Mindy, NO!" Nancy bellowed as she noticed the small girl climbing on the counter top, "How many times do I have to explain to you...its not safe for you to stand up on the counter like that." her voice was stern, almost as if she were training an animal.

"You need to listen to mummy, okay?" Nancy's motherly smile crept onto her face as she picked Mindy up and placed her on the floor. She reached up for extra dishes that were rarely used since it was only Mindy, Tarren and herself most of the time at home...she forgot what a hassle it was for herself to reach that high up. Feeling around up in the dark cupboard Nancy felt for dishes that she just couldn't seem to get a grip on.

"Yes, Ma.." Mindy groaned, "But you said that I was a big girl! Why won't you let me do big girl things?!"

Roger walked down the stairs after he was finished unpacking his trunk, he had sucessfully locked his twin brother Lee in their bedroom closet before leaving the room; Roger walked down the stairs with a triumphant look on his face. Upon entering the kitchen Roger noticed his mother having trouble reaching for something up above in a cabinet, that was much taller then herself.

Roger strode toward his mother and pushed her aside gently, "Here Ma..I'll help you." he said a strong Irish accent. Without any trouble Roger removed seven plates and placed them down on the counter. Roger heard pounding from upstairs and hushed hollering, the corners of his mouth began to dance into a mischevious smile.

"Mindy, please listen to M--" Nancy felt a slight push to her side and noticed Roger trying to help her with the dishes. "Thanks dear." she smiled at her son, happy to see an improvement in his behavior. While looking down at the seven dishes he placed on the table she looked at Roger, "Oh, hon, we have one more addition tonight. We need eight dishes." she smiled at her son hoping that he would take the time to grab one extra dish from the highest shelf.

"Can I help you Roger?!" Mindy exclaimed while tugging on his shirt. "I want to help you get the dish!!" she squealed, frustrated that her mother wouldn't allow her to get the dishes on her own.

"Who else is coming Ma?" Roger inquired with interest.

Roger picked Mindy up by the waist, "Yes Mindy, you can help me." he said blankly, not really in the mood to fight against her. Roger lifted her up, "Just don't drop it!" she grabbed the dish with both hands and he took it from her. "Good job Mindy.." Roger said blankly while placing her back on the floor and stacked the dish with the others on the counter.

Nancy gave her son a kiss on the cheek, "Thank you sweetheart." she said with a smile while placing the stack on dishes on the dining room table. "Kale's girlfriend. Estrella will be joinging us for the night." Nancy explained while placing the dishes in front of each chair on the table. "I could have sworn I told you." an audible thump was heard from upstairs, "What in the world was that..?" she said under her breath, not really wanting to know; she was much too stressed for child business.

"Must've been Morgans cat.." Roger mumbled, knowing exactly what the cause of the thumping was. "A girlfriend?" he tried to change the subject, "Kale's gotten himself a girlfriend? Who ever knew that would ever happen??" Roger said with a goofy laugh, freakishly similar to Kale's.

Lee had finally broken free from his closet and barreled down the stairs as quick as he can, looking for sweet revenge on his brother. "Come out, come out...where ever you are!" Lee said evilly while wringing his hands. At the sight of his brother he planned on jumping on him and giving him a wet willy that he'll regret; his mother in the room yeilded his plans though. Lee stood in the stairway 'casually' by crossing his arms across his chest and whistling quietly.

Roger stood next to Nancy whos back was facing both sons, he threw a challenging look in Lee's direction and egged him on since he was in the 'safe zone'. "Helloooo Lee." Roger greeted as if nothing was unfolding between them two.

"Greeting Roger, deary." Lee said in a girly voice, quite annoyed with his twin brothers childish behavior. Jumping up and down he mirrored his brothers gestures obnoxiously.

Nancy was absorbed in setting the table while the two boys were challenging eachother, getting more and more annoyed by the sounds each of them were making, she turned around suddenly. To Lee's luck straight in his direction, which she noticed him gesturing Roger, "Lee Thomas!" Nancy exhaled with a yell, "What in the world are you--" she was as loss for words, she looked over at Roger who was standing with a look of an angel on his face. She smiled slightly at Roger and turned her heels back toward Lee, "YOU! Go take out the trash!" she said raising her voice, "NOW!"

Lee's face went stone cold as his mother yelled at him, how did Roger alway slip his way out of these things? Deciding that fresh air does the body good anyways, he walked toward the trashcan and carried it to the front door; he opened the door and walked outside, closing the door behind him.

Roger watched as his brother got sent out with the trash, he followed him to the door until he was outside and he stealthly latched the lock behind Lee. He laughed evilly, knowing that he would get it later for locking him places he didn't want to be twice within a ten minute span.

With a flourish of his wand, the trash that stood before him had disappeared. Lee stood for a moment with the moonlit sky twinkling above him, a slight breeze ruffled his hair as he enjoyed the peace and quiet. After getting a hold of himself after what had happened in the kitchen, he tried to think of a counter attack against his brother.

Walking back up the steps on the cobble stoned sidewalk that led to the front door, he twisted the doorknob expecting Roger to be standing in the doorway waiting for him. The door didn't budge. "What the..." He tried again. Still nothing. "Oh! Come on!" Lee pounded on the door, "Why??!" feeling completely defeated, he sat down on the doorstep. "Bloody..." Lee trailed off cursing to himself in the cold.

Kale walked up the dirt path from the pottery shed with his pack strapped to his shoulder, he didn't need as much as he needed for the summer. He already missed his broom and hated having to part from it for the amount of time that he had to.

Walking a few steps ahead of Estrella, he led the way in the dark, only the moon and stars provided them light in the clear sky. "We're almost there" he said almost giddily.

As they approached the house closer and closer, he unlatched the gate and allowed Estrella to walk ahead of him. Kale walked behind her a few steps and suddenly noticed a figure sitting on the doorstep, it was Lee sitting there cursing a storm with his Irish accent clearly audible and flailing his arms about. "Merlin...thats my brother." Kale whispered to Estrella while observing him from afar.

Estrella looked to Kale with interest, and kept walking. She had left her broomstick back at Hogwarts, seeing as they wouldn't be able to fly around at Carlisle's, and it just gave her more to carry.

She chuckled as she heard a few choice swear words come out of Kale's brother's mouth. "Which brother?" she asked. He was older, and was not one that she had met before. "He looks like he's having a few issues, dontcha think?" She grinned excitedly back at Kale; she was so happy to be back at his house. It was nice to get a break from school once in a while.

(I just realized that it wasn't summer and he wouldn't need the trunk or anything...I edited only the beginning of my last post, but it won't interfere with what you already wrote. lol)

Kale tried to figure out which of his brothers was sitting outside. It was much too dark and they still weren't close enough for him to know who it was. After hearing more swear words from his mouth, he looked to Estrella. "That's definitely Lee." Kale said confidently with a laugh.

As they were barely inches from the frontdoor, Kale looked down at Lee who was sitting down and pounding his fist on the floor. "Uhhh...Lee?" he asked a bit confused, "What are--why are..what the hell is going on, man?" Kale inquired all at once.

Estrella giggled, watching Lee, who apparently was having problems with the lock. He seemed to swear like a sailor; she was sure that he didn't do that around Nancy, and she put a hand over her mouth to prevent herself from bursting out laughing. She waited for his brother to reply, standing confidently next to Kale.

Lee shot up to his feet abruptly as he noticed Kale and a girl standing next to him, "Holy s--" he stopped himself, "I didn't know you were going to be here." Lee said with a raised brow and looked over at Estrella, "I'm sorry...I'm kind of--locked out..again..." he said coldly, biting his lip throughly annoyed with what was going on.

Kale laughed at Lee's little problem and set his things on the floor, he opened his arms for a brotherly hug. Looking over at Estrella who was standing right next to him, he smiled, "This is Estrella." he moved closer to her and looked at Lee, "Soo, uh err...yeah, are you going to knock on the door Lee or what?" Kale asked him dumbly.

Lee gave Estrella a crooked smile and held out his hand; trying to keep his temper and be polite. "It's nice to meet you Estrella, I'm Lee." he said with a curt nod. After a split moment of standing there awkwardly he turned slowly back to the door and started pounding on it once more, "Stupid...stupid, stupid!!" Lee spat, throwing a tantrum that only a child Mindy's age would throw.

Estrella took Lee's hand, smirking, and said, "It's nice to meet you too, Lee." She looked on with a smirk as she waited for someone to open the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back