Thomas Homestead

Morgan thumped down the stairs, she was getting more and more aggitated with the constant pounding that was being made downstairs, walking toward the door she set her book down on her seat at the table and made her was to the door. Morgan unlatched the lock and twisted the knob without a problem, the door creaked as she opened the door, "Oh, Lee...its you.." she deadpanned, "Why didn't you just go through the back door if you knew that Roger and yourself would be playing these childish games?" Morgan inquired with a furrowed brow and walked away from the door. She didn't even notice Kale and his visitor standing outside next to Lee due to her cracking down on Lee.

Lee smiled evilly as his sister opened the door, he barreled up the stairs without uttering a single word of appreciation to her looking for his brother.

"Suit yourself.." Morgan shrugged her shoulders as her brother pushed past her. Taking one last look at the doorway before closing the door, she noticed Kale and a girl standing next to him. Whos that? she thought to herself for a moment and smiled. "Kale!" Morgan exclaimed while jumping toward him and giving him a hug, he was taller then her which was a complete change. "I didn't know that you were coming home!" she said while still hugging him tightly, she let go as she looked at the girl that was with him, "Hi, I'm Morgan. Kales older sister." Morgan said introducing herself with a goofy wink.

Estrella smiled back at Morgan, finding that she liked all of Kale's family members already. "Estrella Drage," she replied, her eyes bright, "Kale's, erm, girlfriend." She didn't have a problem saying it, but it was indeed awkward introducing herself as such to Kale's older siblings.

Morgan smiled at Estrella as she introduced herself, the girlfriend part taking her by surprise, "Oh?" she said with a laugh, "Girlfriend? Who would have ever thought that Kale would ever get himself a girlfriend?" Morgan said obviously picking fun at her brother. "Well, Estrella, can I help you with your bags?" she inquired, a friendly air about her.

Estrella smirked, figuring that she liked Morgan already. "Erm, sure," she said, handing one of her bags to Morgan. "So, you go to the other Hogwarts?" she asked. "What house are you in?"

Morgan took the bag that Estrella handed to her and slung it over her shoulder. Gracefully she walked into the house opening the doorway for Estrella and Kale to escape from the crisp weather outside. Stopping in the kitchen she looked back at Estrella, "Yep, I go to the other Hogwarts" she repeated after Estrella, "I'm in Ravenclaw." Morgan said with a smile. She wasn't able to guess what house Estrella was in since she didn't know her, "What house are you in, Estrella?" Morgan inquired, "You don't put yourself out to be a Slytherin.." she said with a twinkle in her eye.

Kale entered the house with a smile on his face, he stepped away from Morgan and Estrella since they already seemed to be having their 'girl talk frenzy'. Walking into the kitchen he looked around for his mom or Mindy who would usually tag along around her.

Estrella stepped inside, noting that Kale had walked into the kitchen. She smiled brightly. "I'm a Ravenclaw too!" she replied excitedly, "I'm a third year!" She noted that Morgan was a bit older than her, and she asked, "What year are you in?"

Nancy popped her head out of the dining room when she heard thumping up the stairs, "Lee! Slow down!" she snapped while setting the table with the help of Mindy.

As she turned her head back she noticed Kale standing in the kitchen, Estrella no where to be seen. She walked over to him and attacked him with a tight hug and kissing both cheeks, "Welcome home sweetheart!" Nancy exclaimed, "Wheres Estrella? Couldn't make it?"

Kale gave his mother a kiss on the cheek, "Hello Ma" he greeted with a smile, "Oh, yes..Estrella is here. Morgan has abducted her for the time being though.." Kale said with a laugh while slinging his pack over his shoulder to get a better grip of it.

Picking up an apple from a bowl on the island in the kitchen, Kale wiped it on his coat to shine it and took a big bite out of it. Chewing the contents of the apple he looked at his mother, "They're still in the living room." he explained with a silly look.

Morgan's oddly colored eyes widened with excitement when Estrella said she was a Ravenclaw as well, "Oh! Merlin!" she said with a dropped jaw. "That's so cool!" Morgan was a bit too happy at times and at the moment couldn't contain her peppy attitude. "I'm a fifth year," she said with a smile "..and I have finally made prefect!" she said with almost too much confidence in her voice.

At that, Morgan gestured Estrella to follow her, "How rude!" she shouted out for Kale to hear from the other room, "You abandon your girlfriend with strangers in a house shes foreign to." she laughed and winked at Estrella. "Great Kale, great.." Morgan said shaking her head in mock disgust. "The kitchen is this way, Estrella." she smiled, unaware that she had already visited over the summer.

Estrella grinned back at Morgan. "That's great that you're a prefect. At the Hogwarts I go to, they make you a prefect in third year. I'm one of them." She liked how optimistic Morgan seemed to be, and wanted, for a fleeting moment, just to skip going to Carlisle's and staying at the Thomas Residence for the rest of the break.

She giggled as Morgan called Kale rude, and she rolled her eyes. "It's no big deal."

As she lead her to the kitchen, she said, "Oh, I know. I stayed here last summer!" She beamed broadly. "Although it was only me, your mom, Mindy and Tarren then."

Nancy walked out from the dining room as she heard Morgan and Estrella talking in the kitchen; with a motherly smile on her face, she gracefully walked toward Estrella and opened her arms for a hug, "Oh, Estrella! How have you been sweetie?" she inquired with a smile. Nancy looked the girl up and down, "Its great to see that you've two made it here safely"

"Thanks, Mrs. Thomas," Estrella replied, hugging her back quickly. "I've been great. I was made prefect this year!" She grinned from ear to ear. "School was definitely harder this term. I took on electives."

"Prefect?" Nancy exclaimed, "Thats fantastic!" she said with a bright smile, "Things at your school are much different from Hogwarts in the UK." Nancy said.

Suddenly, Nancys tea kettle let out a high pitched scream and she rushed over to the fire, "Would any of you like something to drink?" she asked, directing her question mainly to Estrella.

Estrella smiled politely back at Nancy. "I'm okay with a water," she said, smiling.

Morgan smiled at Estrella, "Wow, you know what?" she inquired not looking for an answer, "I think I'm really going to like you." Morgan said with a playful laugh while tapping Estrella on the arm.

While walking into the kitchen Nancy met them and Estrella and her mother spoke a bit, not wanting to intervene she stood quietly with a smile on her face. "Ya know..I wasn't even aware of your coming home last summer." Morgan said to Kale quietly with a laugh.

Nancy walked toward the kitchen cabinet and grabbed a glass, filling it with cold water she smiled at Estrella and handed it to her.

There was a loud thump and crash upstairs, Nancy rolled her eyes and went back to the small stove and removed the meatloaf from the oven. Roger and Lee were obviously going at it upstairs. "Okay you three," she said smiling at Morgan, Estrella and Kale. "Dinner will be ready very soon, you go and get settled upstairs. Estrella, you'll be sharing a room with Morgan" Nancy said while stirring veggies in a pot.

Estrella sighed in relief as the cold water slipped down her gullet; she had been extremely thirsty. She grinned at Morgan, and set her emptied glass down on the counter; Kale's sister was definitely a girl she could stand rooming with.

"What's that?" she asked as she heard the loud crashing noises from upstairs.

Morgan started walking to the stairs at her mothers request, "Okay Ma" more thumping and grunts could be heard from up above their heads, "You'll learn how to ignore it, Estrella.." Morgan said while rolling her eyes, "Follow me." she smiled while getting a better grip of the bag.

Estrella followed Morgan, glad that she at least knew the lay of the place so she wouldn't get lost in Kale's house, as she had during the summer. "Is that your brother's fighting?" she inquired, raising her eyebrow.

Morgan gave Estrella one last look before reaching the top step, "Yep." she shrugged her brow, she was used to their behavior, "They're always going at it, but they get along sometimes. I guess." Morgan shrugged her shoulders. "Unfortunately, my room is across from theirs...so we'll have to deal with the strange noises that come from their room." she said with a laugh. At the landing of the stairs, Morgan led Estrella down the hall, she looked in Roger and Lees room before guiding her into her room...they were both on the floor and Roger had his feet on Lee's face.

"Grow...up..." she muttered to herself. After a brief moment of standing at their door she walked into her room. It looked just as it did during the summer, just more of Morgan's things spread out on her best closest to the window.
morgansroom.jpg

"Its not much, but its home." Morgan smiled while placing Estrella's bag on the bed across from hers and throwing herself on her own bed.

Estrella grinned back at Morgan, giggling at Kale's brothers, who were fighting in their room. They were quite a comical sight, and she had never had siblings before. She sat down on the bed opposite Morgan's, crossing her legs indian style. "I'd never be able to handle that many siblings," she chuckled, thinking of what Morgan had to go through.

Morgan turned herself over on her stomach so that she was now facing Estrella, "To tell you the truth, I haven't got a clue of what keeps me sane. I think being away at school helps a lot." she said with a laugh, resting her chin the palm of her hands. "Do you have any brothers or sisters?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back