Thomas Homestead

Roger nodded at Estrella as she explained, "Oh cool." he said while watching Lee behind him. At the sound of his mothers voice he looked at Lee, who was just about to bolt out of the room and to the dinner table. Roger had other plans, he stuck his foot out in front of Lee, hoping that he would trip and fall to the floor.

Lee was ready to be the very first person at the table as his mother called them down for dinner. Jumping over his bed, he thought that he had gotten away from Roger for once...what he didn't know is that his foot was right in front of him and he tripped out it. Flailing his arms to break his fall, he fell, face first on the floor. Lee let out another curse word that his mother wouldn't have approved of and layed there sprawled out on the floor.

Kale looked at Estrella as Lee had fallen down, he had a hard time surpassing laughter. Biting his lip he held out his hand for Estrella, "Sorry...things are much more...crazy..now that they're home." Kale said in a whisper. He shook his head while looking back at Roger and Lee, trying to lead Estrella down the stairs so she wouldn't have to sit next to either of them.

Estrella laughed at Kale's brothers, shaking her head. "It's totally cool with me." She wished for a fleeting moment that her family were as normal as Kale's, and felt that pang of sadness again, although she was hard pressed to show it. She followed Kale down the stairs, a grin on her face.

Kale took a seat at the dinner table and poured himself a glass of milk in the cup in front of him. "Well, I'm happy you're okay with it. Some people would have left the house hours ago...due to their behavior."

Estrella rolled her eyes, giggling. "Nothing I can't handle. And I'm not just another person, am I?" she replied, grinning broadly. She poured herself a cup of milk and waited for everyone else to get to the dinnertable.

Kale winked at Estrella, "No, definitely not just another person." he said with a smile. Sitting at the table he could hear more thumping upstairs, when will it ever stop? "All of this rambunctious-ness(lol) is almost making me happy I don't attend the same school as them." Kale whispered with a small laugh.

Estrella chuckled, "I'd worry for your own safety too. I am right to suppose that they are both pranksters as well?" She grinned, taking a sip of her milk and sighing in relief as it poured down her throat.

Lee had finally freed himself from the wrath of Roger for a few moments. He made his was down the stairs and silently took a seat at the table. Lee was obviously no longer in the mood for anymore games, he just wanted to eat and relax.

Morgan gracefully made her way down the stairs with Mindy resting on her hip. When she reached the table she scooted out the chair on the end and sat Mindy in it. She then took a seat next to Estrella, "Sorry for abandoning you with the boys.." Morgan rolled her eyes and looked over at Lee. "Tarren! Roger! Get down her so we can eat!" she called out, her voice almost sounding as motherly as Nancy's.

"That's alright," Estrella replied, still drinking her milk.

Tarren made his way down to the table with his book A History of Magic in his grip. He was too absorbed in it to greet anyone at the table, his eyes didn't leave the book as he poured himself a glass of water. Tarren still looked and acted the same way since summer, never been much of a conversationalist.

"Hi Tarren!" Estrella piped up, noting the love for books that Kale's younger brother seemed to possess. "How have you been?"

Nancy looked at the kids sitting at the table and calculated in her head who was missing, "Where is Roger?" she asked. Bringing the meatloaf, greens and fried potatoes to the tablem she huffed off Rogers disobedience, "You may go ahead and eat while I get you brother.." Nancy tutted while walking up the stairs and exiting the room.

Tarren looked up from his book as Estrella spoke to him, "Hello, Estrella." Tarren greeted, his voice was not meant to sound cold or rude; but most seemed to put it out that way when he spoke to them. "I've been...okay." he said boredly, "How have you been?" Tarren inquired while grabbing himself a slice of meatloaf and scoop of fried potatoes.

"I've been good also," Estrella replied with a weak smile, but decided not to press the matter further, recognizing the distance that the kid wanted. Having been a reclusive kid herself, she could understand him, and instead turned to scoop herself some potatoes.

Nancy walked down the stairs with Roger, grabbing him by the ear, "When I say its dinner time..its dinner time, Roger Thomas!" her voice was full of authority, with a glare on her face while shaking her finger at him. "Its very rude to make everyone wait on you!"

Estrella smirked at Roger, who was being pulled down by the ear; she was quite glad that she had never gotten on Nancy's bad side. She had a feeling that she might be treated just like one of her own children.

She grinned, digging into her dinner and enjoying it with gusto.

Mindy sat in her chair quietly and much more well behaved since their last visit. She hummed happily and shoveled potatoes into her mouth following with a long sip of milk. She had a satisfied smile on her little face, she then suddenly directed her attention at Estrella and smacked her fork on her plate, "Estrella!" she said rather loudly with excitement in her voice, "Id your favorite color still purple?"

Estrella smiled warmly back at Mindy. "Yep!" she replied, "Is purple still your favorite color?"

Mindy giggled, "Well, yes..well...I mean kinda." she said shrugging her shoulders. "Now I kind of like yellow to." Mindy made a face of pure concentration, this really was a 'big deal' for her.

"Oh," Estrella replied, "Put those two together and you'll have Vikings colors." Suddenly she realized that no one would know what she was talking about, and she added, "That's the name of the football team back where I grew up."

Carlisle hacked and coughed as he fell out of the fireplace in someone's living room, landing facefirst on the carpet. He seriously detested floo travel, and could be heard cursing obscenities under his breath. He did realize that he was in someone's house, though, and stopped, standing up and brushing the ash off of his jacket. He waited in one place, for he was sure that someone would come running.

Mindy opened her mouth ready to say something back to Estrella when suddenly she head a big crash in the other room. All heads turned toward the living room..

Mindy got up the quickest out of everyone and rushed to the crash, creeping up slowly after she saw a figure standing there she screamed bloody murder. "MERLIN!!! ROGER LIED TO ME! THERE IS A FLOO MONSTER!" she spat out while running back into the kitchen.

Kale turned to where Roger was sitting and laughed quietly, trying his best not to show Mindy that he was laughing at her hysterics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back