Open The Stands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaye didn't even like quidditch that much, but she had been hearing that it was a big thing to watch the games. And she didn't want to isolate herself from her classmates so early in the semester. Following the crowd up the stairs, Kaye found a seat and glanced down at the pitch, her eyes growing wide when she spotted her brother. She sat in disbelief. He was a first year, and she didn't even know he cared about quidditch, let alone was good enough to make the team. Jealousy flooded through her, knowing the accolades he would receive at being such a young player on the team. Kaye clenched her jaw as she waited for the match to begin.

Aonghas wasn't sure who to support in this game, his brother, or his house team. The hufflepuff took a seat in the stands, wearing his normal clothes and not particularly supporting either team. His gaze was focused upon the game, looking between all the other people about the standings and the games. There were so many people, it was clearly a popular sport and he could spot his brother in the slytherin team. He watched as the slytherin team, or well, his brother took possession of the ball and headed towards his houses hoops. He still didn't know which to support, so maybe just watching for now would be the better plan. He did have plans to eventually, hopefully join the hufflepuff team, but for now, he was just happy to sit and watch and support neither team in this case. He would just enjoy the game and see how it compared to all of the professional games he'd gone to in scotland, where his other brother - the other one they didn't talk about - played in.

For Jacob Kingsley, there were no doubts about who he was supporting. He had plenty of Hufflepuff friends and really liked those individuals dearly, but there were two people on the pitch he wouldn't mind seeing get hit by a few bludgers. He'd have liked it more if he had the opportunity to do it himself, but he would settle for cheering on the beaters who would have the chance. "Goooo Slytherin!" he cheered as they took possession early.

Emilia didn't always go to Quidditch matches, but she felt compelled to go to this one. Not only was her only house playing, but Derek would be playing too. Her crush on him was going strong, and now that he was on the Quidditch team she really wanted to see him in action. She looked around the stands for anyone familiar, and smiled as she spotted Jacob. It was nice not to be on her own in a crowd of strangers. As she approached, she was a little surprised to hear him cheering for Slytherin. But she sort of wanted to do the same herself, so she couldn't blame him. "Hi Jacob, do you have friends on the Slytherin team?" She asked him, glancing over at the field. "I'm not sure who to cheer for..." Her gaze darted to Derek on the field. On the Hufflepuff team she only knew Analei and Arvel, but she knew both of those were sensitive with Jacob. Derek was on the Slytherin team, and so was Sapphire who had been very nice to her in the past. "Maybe both." She decided.

Alice was excited her sister would play in the game and she would be able to see it! Alice felt proud and wanted to cheer for her sister, and it would not be weird at all since she was in the same house. Also Liam would play against Therese and he was always full of himself so the brunette was curious if he really was so good as he told them often. The brunette climbed the stairs and noticed more students she was right on time. Alice found a place in the front and went sitting with other Hufflepuffs. When the game began Slytherin got the quaffle and a boy moved fast towards her sisters hoops. When Therese had catched it Alice cheered. '' Go Therese!! Hufflepuff!! Hufflepuff!!'' He sister really was good. She managed to save the first shot. But Alice knew that the seeker had a very important job too, the girl got hit by a bludger and it seemed painfull. Alice hoped she would catch the snitch soon.

Charlotte didn't really had much with quidditch but she enjoyed watching sometimes. Last year was a lovely game with many bludgers and that made it excited to watch. It would be painfull for the people who played but it was excited to see what happend when alternates joined. And ofcourse Slytherin played today and Charlotte hoped they win but on the other hand not. Her half sister Odette was their captain and Charlotte enjoyed watching Odette fail. Odette had destroyed her life and family and she could deny it and even Matthew could tell it was their fathers part. Charlotte didn't want to hear anything from it. If Odette had never told her about it and Matthew didn't find out they would still be a happy family without Odette. But Charlotte was glad her father didn't want to have to do anything with her halfsister. Charlotte was gonna rub that in her face soon. The blonde went sitting on a bench and watched the game began. It was a boring one so far.

Monty wasn't rooting for any team in particular. Even when Ravenclaw played, he pretended not to show favouritism, though anybody watching him closely would see he clapped just a little bit harder for his own team. For once the Professor wasn't bogged down in work, and could enjoy the game without feeling guilty about it all waiting for him on his desk. The entire sky swarmed with activity; Monty didn't know whether to watch the chaser as she attempted to score, the beaters attacking one another, or the seekers, both of whom were in hot pursuit of the snitch. Neither Hufflepuff nor Slytherin had yet managed to score, but with several talented chasers on the lineups, Monty was sure it wouldn't be long until they did - unless somebody caught the snitch first.

Matt always went to April's matches, but they never stopped being incredibly nerve wracking to him. He had started biting his nails when the game began, and now they were almost gone entirely. April had already been hit by a bludger once, and now she was in a chase with the other seeker and had just narrowly avoided being hit again. Matt looked around, as if looking for a distraction. Spotting Monty, he headed over, his smile nervous. "Monty, hello." He said, his gaze darting back to the pitch. "I don't know who this is more dangerous for. Her, or me. Catch me if I faint, will you?"

Elliot had been a little bit late to the game, putting the finishing touches on the Hufflepuff banner they'd made. He hoped it wouldn't block anyone's view but he couldn't help but wave it excitedly every time the Hufflepuff chasers grabbed the quaffle, or when he winced in sympathy for every bludger hit. He felt it easier to be less self-conscious lost amongst the rest of the cheering students in the crowd.

Slytherin was in possession again, but the pair of Hufflepuff Chasers were hot on their tail. Elliot hoped they could stop a goal before the snitch was caught. He didn't know any of the Quidditch teams' names yet, but he yelled his general support as best he could.

Monty laughed as Matt approached him on the stand. Watching the students play was nerve-wracking enough without having a child of his own in the air; he could only imagine how Matt must have felt. "You, absolutely," he said. Slytherin was back in possession and heading quickly for the southern hoops, but Monty couldn't pull his eyes away from the seekers. "Looks as if it could be over soon." Then again, there was every chance for the seekers to lose sight of the snitch, or to be knocked off course by a bludger. Monty patted Matt's shoulder sympathetically.

Onyx was running late- it was his own fault, and it was his fault Kira had been waiting for him. He hurried into the stands, the Ravenclaw close behind. A quick look around and he glanced Jacob. He hurried over, realizing too late he was in the wrong row. He hopped over the bench in front of him and came to a stop next to Jacob, hardly noticing the girl on the other side of him. He threw an arm around the other boy's shoulders to help him keep balance, scanning the players in the sky frantically. "I am so late- such an idiot- is she playing?!" He asked, out of breath and worried he would have missed his chance to cheer for his sister.

Having been to watch many professional Quidditch matches, Peregrine wasn't sure how exciting he would find two teams of amateurs flying clumsily around the pitch. But being up in the stands watching a game felt familiar - a small piece of home in an otherwise foreign world. So he found himself there anyway, smiling and clapping quietly and trying to avoid being trampled by the more enthusiastic spectators. Spotting Elliot in the crowd, Peregrine squeezed his way down the bench to join him. "Hello," he said, craning to see past the boy's banner. Perhaps this hadn't been such a good idea after all.

Elliot was relieved to spot a familiar face when Peregrine joined him in the stands. "Hey, Peregrine, hi." Elliot smiled, shuffling the banner before hesitantly offering Peregrine one of the corners to hold up. "I wasn't sure Quidditch would be your thing," Elliot didn't want to assume too much, but Peregrine seemed a bit more like the quiet night in type. He fumbled to reassure the other boy, just in case he took that wrong, "But I'm glad you're here. School spirit, right?" Elliot wiggled in the banner hopefully.

Kira was a little annoyed with Onyx for making them late, but not annoyed enough to be mad at him. She knew he would be furious with himself so there was really no point in her being mad as well. She followed him quietly into the stands. She wasn't surprised when Onyx found his way to Jacob. She smiled when she saw Emilia next to him. "Hello Emilia," She greeted, coming to stand next to the girl. Kira could hear Onyx being ridiculous. "Relax," She told him, scanning the bench. "She's down there. See?" She pointed to Sapphire, noting how the girl seemed intent on the game. She hadn't shown such an interest in Quidditch before she joined the team, so when her friend had announced that she wanted to join the team last year Kira had been a bit surprised.

Peregrine took the corner of the banner, briefly thrilled Elliot had offered it to him - and then wished he hadn't, because he had no idea what to do with it. Mother and Father didn't wave banners around at Quidditch matches. It was a childish thing to do. "Oh, yes, I like to watch it," he told Elliot, giving the banner a weak wiggle as he held it between his thumb and forefinger. "I wouldn't like to play. My mother probably wouldn't let me, anyway." There was a lot going on in the sky - too much to keep track of all at once. Given that a beater had not long ago accidentally hit their own teammate, he suspected it wasn't worth keeping up with anyway. "Did you make this banner?"

Elliot smiled as Peregrine took the other end of the banner, he was glad he'd decided to bring it, since he'd been feeling a little self-conscious. "I think it'd be pretty neat to play, though they play so high and fast, it makes me a little dizzy just watching them." The idea of being on the Quidditch team was pretty glamorous, though Elliot wouldn't definitely have to get over being scared of heights if he ever actually wanted to join. "Do you think there there's a version where everyone just stays close to the ground? Or is that just soccer on brooms.." Elliot trailed off, watching their Beater nail a Slytherin Chaser with the bludger. He'd already passed the quaffle, but it was a good shot either way.

Elliot gave the banner another proud wiggle when Peregrine asked about it. "Yeah, I made it with some help from some other kids in the art room. Thanks for helping me give it a test drive."

Jacob smiled at Emilia before nodding. "Yea, my friend Sapphire. It looks like she's on the bench though" he explained before listening to what she said about having trouble deciding. "Both is ok" he confirmed with a nod, "as long as you promise to cheer for me too." Jacob was getting pretty confident with his skills on the pitch, but knowing he'd have a few friends cheering for him helped. Jacob didn't think he had to ask Onyx. He expected him to cheer for him when he played. "She's on the bench" he pointed as Kira confirmed the same. Jacob only briefly wondered why they were late as he was too distracted by the lanky arm draped over his shoulder. He didn't mind it at all. He just hadn't expected it or expected it to be so distracting. "Say hi to Emilia" he tried to elbow Onyx in the ribs. " She's cool" he added.

"Yes, they do," said Peregrine. He wasn't afraid of heights, but that didn't mean he would have been comfortable whizzing around on a broomstick. He liked to have both of his feet on the floor. At Elliot's question, he frowned in thought. "I don't think it would be very interesting." Soccer wasn't a word in Peregrine's vocabulary. In fact, he didn't know anything at all about muggle sports, or even that they existed. Giving the banner a slightly more enthusiastic wave, Peregrine smiled. "It's very nice. Thank you for letting me hold it." A Slytherin chaser scored then. "Oh, dear. We're not doing very well."

Matt smiled as Monty went along with his joke, though he did feel like fainting wasn't entirely out of the question. Watching bludgers be hit at his daughter wasn't something he was going to get used to, and he couldn't help hoping she would never try to play professionally after Hogwarts. Of course, if she wanted to, he wouldn't actually stop her. But in that scenario Matt anticipated many sleepless nights. "Let's hope so." He said, watching April and the other seeker race each other. He sighed softly. "I'm proud of her, though. I could never do that." He said, gesturing to the field. "I don't know where she got her Quidditch skills from. Probably her mother, though as a muggle she'd never know it." He was rambling a bit, but that's what usually happened when he was nervous.

Emilia nodded with a small smile. "I like Sapphire." She said, glad he seemed to agree that cheering for both was okay. "I'll definitely cheer for you too." She said with a smile. "Do you know Derek? He's one of the chasers." They were in the same year, so maybe Jacob would know him? She winced a little when a boy hopped over a bench and approached them, flinging an arm around Jacob's shoulders. Emilia didn't know this boy, and she took a small step to the side while looking at him with wide eyes, clearly intimidated. He was accompanied by Kira, who she did know. The boy didn't seem to notice her, but at least Kira was nice. "Hi." She said softly, suddenly feeling shy and nervous. She was glad when Jacob told the boy to say hi to her, and blushed happily when he said she was cool. She didn't think anyone had ever called her cool before. But a gasp escaped her as she looked over at the game, where Derek approached the hoops with the Quaffle. She watched in fascination as he managed to score, then beamed and let out a small cheer. "He's amazing." She murmured, staring at the boy with wide eyes even as the other Slytherin chaser got the quaffle and failed to score with it.

Jacob hadn't said much when Emilia asked if she knew Derek. He didn't, not by anything more than name and face anyway. He hadn't ever spoken to him. He also didn't think much of it until Emilia mentioned him again. He gave her a small knowing smile, though it was all speculation on his part. He still kept his mouth shut, watching the game and hooting and hollering along as people got hit with bludgers. "Nooo" he howled, booing as the Hufflepuff seeker came up with the Snitch. "Sorry, Emilia" he said quickly before booing again.

Onyx began to pout as he realized Sapphire wasn't in the game, but was distracted when Jacob elbowed him in the ribs. "Oof! Ow," He whined, looking over to the blond. "Hi." He smiled. "I'm Onyx, the pretty twin." He had forgotten his arm was still around Jacob. He looked back out to the pitch. "I can't believe Odette didn't put Sapphire in. She's way better than that other guy," He complained. The game continued on, and Onyx let out a startled gasp when the Hufflepuff seeker caught the snitch. "Nooo!" He moaned, booing with Jacob. "Sapphy could've taken her out in no time," He complained, hanging his head.

Kira smiled at Emilia, giggling at the two boys. "It's good to see you again," She told the girl, keeping an eye on the game. "Do you have any friends on the teams?" She asked. "I'm here for Sapphire." She nodded to the blond on the bench. Emilia really was a sweetheart. Kira had forgotten that she enjoyed talking to her. She smiled over at the boys, not missing Onyx's arm around Jacob. She leaned in and whispered conspiratorially to Emilia. "I think Onyx might have forgotten we're here," She teased, knowing full well how much Onyx liked the boy he was standing with. She gave Emilia a small, knowing smile. It was nice to have so many friends around her now. She let out a small gasp as the Hufflepuff Seeker caught the snitch. "Oh, Sapph never got to play," She murmured softly. She hoped there would be another chance for her, or at least a few practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back