The Stands

Status
Not open for further replies.
November climbed up the Stands in the usual Ravenclaw section. She knew it would probably be a mixed crowd of who was cheering for who in this section but she was also there to meet up with Flavio. She had been there for his last match and thought it went well, even though Ravenclaw had lost but still November hadn't really known what was going on. She saw a lot of flying back and forth and people with bats trying to knock other players down with a ball and had hardly seen the moment the Gryffindor Seeker caught the snitch having been watching the chasers with the ball in hand. She sat down in the stands waiting for her friend to find her while she watched the beginning of the match take place.

Fleur watched the game intently watching the ups and downs of the Slytherin team. She sighed as Rory, a boy in her year missed his throw into the hoops. She really hoped they could beat Hufflepuff this year. It was time for the great team to be taken down. She knew a lot of changes in the line up happened for all the teams so she hoped the Slytherin coach had done his best this year and picked out a great team. She knew a few of the players Hayden and Rory were both in her year and they were turning out to be great looking guys, even if they did get hit by a few bludgers every once in awhile. Looking around the young Slytherin wondered if Riley was in the stands somewhere watching and if he came to support her house or the Hufflepuff house. She was surprised he didn't play for the Gryffindor team, but she also enjoyed the sport and didn't play. Fleur did have an interest in Quidditch players, thinking they looked pretty handsome up there flying. The girls looked like warrior women of course but Fleur wasn't interested in dating any girls.

Flavio was torn between which team he wanted to support that day. On one hand Rory was a chaser for the Slytherin team, and on the other hand, all of his other friends were in Hufflepuff, which included Tesla who was also playing as a chaser that day and November who he was supposed to meet with in the Ravenclaw stands. He assumed he would figure out who he was supporting in time to dress appropriately, but he had instead not decided by any sense of the word and arrived to the pitch dressed in normal clothes with the intention to cheer for both teams, thinking it would be the most simple and less drama inducing way to enjoy the game. During whatever mess was happening around his Hufflepuff friends, the last thing he wanted was to unknowingly add fuel to the fire so being neutral seemed like the best option.

He arrived to the stands a few minutes before the game started. After spotting November immediately, he moved to sit next to her and greeted her with a smile on his face. "Do you think Hufflepuff will win?" He asked, looking out to the pitch to watch the players.
<i>
</i>

November was wearing her favorite golden yellow sweater as she waited for her friend to join her. Looking up she heard his voice asking her about the Hufflepuff team. She was sure that she stood out in the Ravenclaw stands but that probably just made it easier to find her. "I'm not sure. It all depends on the, uh, seeker? To seek out the tiny stitch, snitch?" She said to friends questioning her words still not use to the vocabulary of the sport despite being a forth year. Last year had been the first game she attending and while Flavio had meant to explain the game to her then it had been over so quickly there hadn't been a chance. Hufflepuff had done really well the previous year. But she thought the other teams might try harder this year to take them out. Already in the game the boy in her year Anthony was getting hit quite a lot. She wished one of the Hufflepuff beaters would knock the ball into one of the beaters so they wouldn't be able to hit so well. November forced herself to watch the players on the field rather than glance over at her friend too much. He was really cute, she was sure he'd stop being her friend if he ever found out she thought so however. If he was going to be with anyone it'd be Amber. She was the best girl in their year, at least November thought so and envied Amber for how perfect she seemed.

Riley was cheering loudly for Slytherin as the match began to unfold. Slytherin had proven to be the better team throughout the years so naturally, he would be cheering for them and not Hufflepuff. At some point during the game, he decided to have a look around to see if there was anyone he knew in the stands and to his surprise saw that his new friend, Fleur, was not too far away from where he was standing to cheer for her house team. He wriggled through the crowd to get to her and tapped her on the shoulders. ''Good match, isn't it?'' he said, smiling at the girl.

Flavio chuckled as November attempted to say the word 'snitch'. He had never met anyone that to his knowledge did not know anything about quidditch and he thought it was interesting, but he tried not to think about it too much, instead turning his attention from watching the game and to November so he could explain. "The snitch usually means a win for the team that catches it, yeah." He said. "What it technically does, is it scores the team that catches it one hundred and fifty points and means the game is over. Usually that means a win, but sometimes the chasers can score more than one hundred and fifty points with the quaffle, meaning the other team does not win when they catch the snitch." He elaborated as he looked back out to the game. His explanation most likely made quidditch sound more confusing but it was how it worked. Though a lot of the time catching the snitch meant a victory in Hogwarts games and many professional games, there were times that he had read about where a seeker catching the snitch didn't ensure a win. Flavio hoped he would see a win like that while he was at school. "Does that make sense?" He asked as he looked back to November again, hoping that his explanation had not confused her.
<i>
</i>

Fleur was happy the Hufflepuff team's seeker was taking a beating. He looked like with one more hit he'd be out of the match and into the nurses care. She wasn't sure how well the alternate would do in the match but they were obviously an alternate for a reason. Fleur continued to cheer on her Slytherin team watching the players whiz back and forth around the pitch. She was surprised when she felt someone tapping on her shoulders and turned to Riley standing there. She already had a smile on her face from Slytherin doing well but it turned into a large grin seeing her Quidditch talk buddy standing there. "Hey! Yeah, hopefully Slytherin will continue to kick but. I would feel bad for that seeker, but my team is playing against him so I guess I should be glad," Fleur said after she leaned over and gave the Gryffindor a hug. Riley was one person she was glad to see at the match. She was surprised Hudson wasn't around to annoy her but then again the weird kid enjoyed spending time on his own. She grimaced as the new seeker for Hufflepuff was starting to take a beating, just a little girl. Fleur's main reason why she didn't play was the pain, she was weak and knew it. Plus she liked her pretty face and didn't want to mess it up.

Tristan almost wished he was wearing green, as traitorous as that thought was. His house was doing abysmally though, and he felt bad for Ares. This wasn't a good game for his first as captain, with the Slytherin team raining bludgers on his players. He hoped that somehow the new seeker could catch the snitch, but he doubted it.

Matt wasn't sure how much longer he could watch this. Why were they letting his little girl keep playing? She had been hit by bludgers TWICE already! He couldn't help but watch her anxiously, biting his nails as he did. He had never thought of quidditch as especially brutal or dangerous before, not more than most other things in their world, but seeing his child play the game and be hurt made him change his mind. He wanted the game to be over as soon as possible so he could go to her, he didn't care who won. He hadn't expected her to have to fly on her very first game, and he knew she hadn't either. With a sigh, he kept watching her anxiously, wondering if she looked as tiny to everyone else as she did to him.

November listened to Flavio explaining the sport to her as they watched the game. it sort of made sense but it was so unlike any muggle sport she had played in gym class that it still was just odd to her. "Yeah, snitch means game over and a most likely win for who catches it. But why, the bats and balls? Are those really necessary?" November asked glad Flavio wasn't a beater so she wouldn't be insulted his position. With her hair pulled back November brushed the few loose ends back and continued to watch the game. Their seekers were having a pretty awful time as they continued to be targeted by the Slytherin's. "Sorry, I'm really not that into sports, ask me anything about any type of sport and I'll know nothing," the Hufflepuff said turning to her friend with a slight frown. "Yoga is fun and that's pretty much all I think I need for sport." November shrugged her shoulders as she turned back towards the game. She enjoyed watching Quidditch, especially with Flavio by her side explaining what was going on. And when he and Noemie were playing, she thought they looked pretty cool on in the sky on their brooms. She was sure she'd never be able to fly confidently like that. "It's all really impressive though, being able to fly and play a game. I would never be able to do that. Staying on the broom is hard enough," she admitted. November was sure Flavio would rather just be able to enjoy the game and not continually explain things happening to her so she was determined to remember everything he told her so she wouldn't have to ask again in the future.

He smiled widely at her when she hugged him and he hugged her back. He was glad he had seen her because now they could watch the rest of the match together. ''Those beaters sure know how to make a match brutal, don't they?'' he said, watching as bludger after bludger was sent towards the Hufflepuff team. ''I wouldn't feel too bad for their seeker, he knew what he would be up against the moment he tried out for that position,'' Riley added, finding it rather brave of the Hufflepuff seeker for choosing that position because he wouldn't have dared to let himself be in such danger. ''Who do you think is going to win?'' he asked her even though he could already guess what her answer was going to be.

Clementine smiled at Merrill as she explained that she'd made the banner, which was even more impressive. Clementine watched the beginnings of the game in silence as Merrill was more of an active participate in viewing, giving her own colorful commentary. It made her laugh a little, even if one of the comments had been directed to her boyfriend, she knew it was just in jest. When the Gryffindor asked her how her year was going, Clementine turned back to the blonde and smiled. "It's good so far," she shrugged. Nothing great had happened yet but nothing bad had happened either so that wasn't technically bad; it simply felt too early to tell. "How's your year so far? I saw the game last month, you did really well by the way," Clementine said truthfully. "I rooted for your house," she smiled, knowing they had won.

But Clementine's attention was soon back on the game because she noticed Anthony had been hit with a bludger. The Hufflepuff leaned against the railing of the stands as she pressed forward to get a better look. Her hands were tight on the railing making her knuckles white as she saw him get hit again. She knew he was an easy target because he was the Seeker for his team, not to mention the fact that he happened to be really good at his position, but she didn't like having to see this part of the game. Clementine gasped as she saw him get hit yet again and yelled out his name. She saw who she assumed to be the captain call a time out to send him to the hospital wing and Clementine turned to Merrill. "I'm going to go see if he's okay," she said to the girl. She wondered if Merrill would want to see if Anthony was okay with her or stay and watch the outcome of the game. Clementine didn't stay behind to find out and raced down the steps of the stands to get back to the castle and make her way up the to the Hospital Wing.

Now that Lennon had someone on the staff to cover the Quidditch section for the paper, he no longer had to do it because none of his other staff members wanted to either. Now he was free to go back to protesting the games like he used to do. It also helped that he was no longer banned from the pitch by his inane Head of House. By the start of the game Lennon made his way to the top of the stands and set up the usual posters he had which said "QUIDDITCH KILLS" and "BLUDGERS=DEATH" that hovered above them all. Lennon had a few leaflets with statistics to hand out to everyone and even threw them out into the crowd which floated gently down around them. He couldn't help but notice this game was particularly dangerous and he winced each time a player got hurt. He shouted, "Do you see that? You're watching your friends die!" He saw the first Hufflepuff Seeker get taken out of the game by too many bludgers and it wasn't long before the smaller, younger alternate that had been put in in his place was now getting pummeled. "Down with Quidditch!" he continued to protest loudly amongst the crowd.

Flavio nodded as November repeated his words back to him, glad she understood. He then looked back out to the game to spot one of the beaters as she asked why the bludgers and bats were necessary. Without so much as a moment between her question and his answer, he pointed to one of the Slytherin beaters as they appeared to hit a third bludger to the starting seeker of the Hufflepuff team. A time out was soon called and what appeared to be a replacement seeker was added to the game. "They're there to slow the other players down. Like here." He continued to point, then lowered his hand as he elaborated further. "The Slytherin beaters are trying to make sure that the Hufflepuff seeker can't catch the snitch as quickly. So they took the first one out and are now aiming for the alternate." This game in particular was more brutal than most games he had both watched and played in and it made him cringe as it made quidditch look more violent than it needed to be. Though it did give him a decent enough example to why beaters were necessary. "It usually is not as bad as this, usually players only get hit once or twice." He then said, trying to excuse how violent this particular game was.

Unfortunately for Flavio an older boy in his house that was known for protesting quidditch piped up nearby with banners and slogans. Flavio turned to look towards the commotion, then back towards the game and his friend as he brought his hand up to his face. Flavio was in support of free speech and respected the opinions of others, however a quiet "Oh no" was all he could say in anticipation of the reaction the older boy's protest would have on others in the stands.
<i>
</i>

Fleur continued to watch as not much else happened on the pitch. The players were flying back and forth and missing their shots. She was disappointed when Rory missed his shot. She was glad someone had joined her and she could discuss the match. Fleur was also excited they would be going to the Halloween feast as a pair. Fleur nodded to what Riley was saying but didn't respond right away as she heard another person yelling from the crowd above them in the stands. The Slytherin turned and saw the Editor of the Hogwarts paper with signs and yelling about Quidditch being bad. She had to agree that is was dangerous but the students who tried out knew the risks they were taking. Plus with magic healing abilities and potions they would hardly be hurt for very long other than the bruises that might last for a week after the game. It was a shame the older student seem so set in his ideas. People all over the world played sports and some were a lot worse than Quidditch she wondered what he thought about those sports. "Oh, yeah. But they probably were thinking that their beaters would be better at defending them," Fleur said turning back to Riley and the game. "Slytherin will win don't you think? Our seeker is a bit more practiced than that alternate who's already taking a beating herself," Fleur said to her friend.

Merrill nodded when Clementine said that her year was good so far. She supposed it was still early in the year, and thus hard to tell. So much had been going on for the Gryffindor it felt at least like December instead of October. Her heart swelled with pride when Clementine said she had done really well in the game. She was very proud of that victory as it was the first time she felt useful to the team since joining. "Thanks! We trained so hard for that game. Us mammal houses have to stick together." she joked. Merrill turned back to the game, and the more she watched the less she liked it. Slytherin seemed to be targeting Anthony. It was a dirty rotten play. "Boo! Learn how to actually play instead of using dirty tricks!" Merrill screamed at the Slytherin players. With each second she turned more, and more red with anger. How were they getting away with this?! Soon enough Anthony was being taken off the field, and sent to the hospital wing. Clementine of course rushed off to make sure he was okay. "I have to watch the rest of the game for the paper. I'll be there right after." she said as the other girl hurried away. Merrill sat in the stands silent brooding for the rest of the game. This was no longer fun. Slytherin had seen to that. Thankfully Anthony's backup soon managed to capture the snitch, Merrill gave a halfhearted cheer, and left for the hospital wing.

He nodded his head as she replied to him. The game was proving to be rather interesting with bludgers being aimed at players left and right, he was sure that he had never seen such a brutal match before. ''Don't know what's up with Hufflepuff's beaters but I'm guessing it isn't much.'' Riley wondered why they had been less successful in this match because usually they had a couple of good hits as well. ''On paper, yeah,'' he said, ''But people have been lucky before so I guess we'll see who wins soon.''
Not long after he said that the Gryffindor heard the cheers erupt from the Hufflepuff's in the stands and looked up to see that the alternate had caught the snitch. ''No the outcome you were hoping for, huh.'' he said to Fleur

Today Matthew was rooting for Slytherin to win. Of course, not many people knew that his little sister would be playing, but he wanted to root for her in his own way. He knew Odette probably wouldn't care that he was here, but he did. He had seen her play against Hufflepuff last semester, and he knew she was very good. A lot better than him, at least, though thankfully his team had still won.

He found a spot where he could see the field clearly and smiled as he spotted Odette. He was looking forward to watching this game, though he couldn't help but worry about her a little bit too. He kept an eye out for Charlotte in the stands too, though he didn't see her anywhere.

November made her way up the stands in order to watch her two friends hopefully triumph over Slytherin today. She hoped she wouldn't happen upon Amber as so far she had managed to avoid the girl thus far in the semester. She smiled when she noticed a familiar blonde Hufflepuff sitting in the stands instead. "Matthew!" She said with a wave as she moved her way around others over to the older boy. She hesitated about halfway to him when she thought he might not like her much anymore since she had run off at the Yule Ball. But, they hadn't gone with each other, and her Aunt told her she was probably worried about nothing. They were just friends, it wasn't like she was the girl Matthew liked and she had gotten to dance with the guy she liked in the end. "How are you?" She asked sitting down in time to see Flavio come out on the pitch ready to begin the game. Her stomach fluttered a little, glad he was too far away to see the pink that rose on her cheeks. Turning back towards Matthew she wanted to gauge and see if he might have been upset with her or not.

James's alligence during a Ravenclaw v Slytherin was an easy one. Sure he had friends on the Slytherin team, Charlotte was still his friend last time he checked and Hayden was an old family friend. None of that changed the fact he hated Slytherin with a burning passion. It was a recent thing and mostly because of Ezra but people like Dan also further influenced his feelings on the house so rooting against them was easy. There was also the small matter of his recently discovered cousin Jackson who was a beater on the Ravenclaw team. Well an alternate but it was a good start. It was a shame he played the same position as Ezra but by all accounts Jackson was nothing like the older Cade. "Go Ravenclaw," James yelled as the game got underway.

Matthew's gaze was focused on the game as it started, and he almost didn't notice someone calling his name. He looked up when the girl approached him, and saw that it was November. He hadn't talked to her since the Yule Ball, where she had sort of ran off from him to dance with a boy. If he wasn't mistaken, that same boy was now playing in the game. "Hey November." He told her with a smile. "I'm doing fine, what about you?" He hesitated as he glanced at the game, seeing that the boy November had danced with now had the quaffle. "I guess you're rooting for Ravenclaw?" He asked her with a slight smile.

November sat down next to Matthew and glanced out over the field. She was in yellow, as always. "I'm alright, the semester is picking up quickly, already. Potions is going to be interesting," she commented. Although, she wasn't too sure about what she really thought about the class. She glanced around to make sure her roommate wasn't around before letting herself relax and look out on the pitch for Flavio. The game already started and he took the ball and made his way down to score. He missed but she knew he could do it. November glanced towards Matthew wondering if he recognized Flavio from the Yule Ball and that's why he made a comment. But, it had reminder her of the little triangle banner she had picked up for the Ravenclaw team. "Of course, my best friend Noemie is a chaser. So is my friend Flavio, the one from the ball," she said as an after thought trying to play it cool whenever having to talk about Flavio. Of course she had spent the entire break thinking about him and their dance. "Who are you cheering for then, Slytherin?" She asked wondering if they were together or against each other for the day. November knew things had gone down with Flavio and the Slytherin boy in the past, mostly about homework so she decided she'd never cheer for that team while at school, even if they played Gryffindor, where that nosy Evelyn lived.

Fleur sat in the Slytherin stands ready to cheer for her team. Rory was out playing and she was pretty sure he was the only one she actually talked to that was on the field today. It made her wonder if Riley was going to try-out for Gryffindor come next year like she told him to. Plenty of people played the sport she didn't get why he was forbidden by his parents to play. She cheered as the Ravenclaw chaser missed and Rory took control of the quaffle and flew back towards the Ravenclaw Keeper. She hoped her team would win as it would be fun to have a celebratory party in their Common Room. Maybe their Head of House would even show up and have some fun, as she thought he needed to loosen up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back