The McIlvoy Residence

James chuckled a bit, smiling. "No, I didn't think you did. I'm just curious. Kaela tells us about her experience at school, but she can't relay to us what it's liketo grow up in a house of wizards.

Courtney took a sip of apple juice before speaking. "It isn't too different, I mean, I still live in a house with a family and pets. Although, we don't have a machine to clean our dishes, we use magic, or house elves. But I'm sure Kaela has told you all about those."

Courtney looked over at Kaela and winked. ;-)

Kathleen got up and smiled at those around the table, bidding them goodday as she left the house. James smiled after her before turning back to Courtney. "No, not really. She's not exactly detailed about what she does." Kaela could be seen blushing as she stared down at the table.

"That's not true Finn!" Kaela exclaimed, scowling at her brother.

She turned to Courtney with an embarrassed expression. "Let's go, I'm done with breakfast."

Courtney turned to Kaela, "sure." She then got up and placed her plate and glass on the counter, still not entirely sure exactly what that dishwashing machine did.

"Where to now?"

"I was thinking horseback riding. Have you ever been?" Finn had gone back to eating, a bit of a smile on his face.

Courtney put her hand on her chin and gave Kaela a quizzical look. "You have horses? Now are you as good at riding a horse as you are at riding a broom? And no, I have never been. This should be interesting, and fun!"

"No, I'm much better at riding a horse. They are more stable and stay on the ground for the most part. And I'm not that good on a broom." Kaela stood. "Well, I'd say it's fairly easy. You'll catch on I'm sure. I'm ready if you are."

"We'll be back later Da," Kaela said toward her da, who waved and wished the girls well as they left the house.

((Sorry for the minor godmod.))

Courtney followed Kaela out of the house and waved to Kaela's family as they left. "So do you juse keep the horses outside of your house?"

((Haha, you are evil for godmodding! ;-) :p Joking, Godmod away :lol: ))

"Nah, there's a stable down the way," Finn said cheerily as he walked up between the girls, putting arm around each of them. He saw Kaela give him a dirty look and chuckled slightly. "C'mon Kae, I was only teasin. I wouldn't be a good older brother if I didn't tease you."

"Why of course. I've got all this energy, I've got to expound it somehow or another. Why not spend some quality time with my sis. You don't mind, do you Kae. What about you Court? Can I call you Court?"

Courtney laughed and put her arm around Finn's shoulder. "Sure, call me Court, and I don't mind if you join us, it's your house!"

((I'm wondering if we would have our wands with us? Or is it illegal to use magic?))

((I always figured we weren't allowed to use our wands, because we are out of school. Also, we're in the presence of a muggle.))

"Finn, you're such a wanker. But I guess since it's all right with Courtney, you can come."

"Awww, sis, I love you too." With a roguish grin Finn rustled Kaela's hair, earning him a dirty look from her.

Soon enough they had arrived at the stable. There was of course, the stable, and a nice big field where some horses were roaming around, some were being ridden by various people, with one lone person jumping some small hurdles. Not far from the area was the edge of some woods that had a trail leading through it.

Finn walked with the girls into the stable and went to particularly pretty chocolate brown mare. He turned to Courtney, petting the horse. "This here's Mara, she's Kaela's favorite. This one," he said, moving to the horse in the stall next to Mara, petting a grayish horse. "He's Stepper, and he's mine. You can ride any horse you like, they're all fairly nice."

Courtney walked up to the horses that Finn had intrduced her to. She stuck her hand out slowly and pet Mara on the nose, "Why, hello". She then walked over to another chocolate brown horse beside Stepper and Mara. "Oh, this one's pretty! Are they all yours?"

"Oh no, none of them are actually ours, they belong to the stable. We pay a membership fee and can come down here whenever we want to ride them. That one there is Hershey, she's real gentle." Kaela opened Mara's stable door and led her out into the stable.

"Oh, well, that is pretty neat." Courtney replied to Kaela. As Kaela let Mara into the stable, Courtney jumped back. "Yikes! Mara's pretty big!"

Finn had to laugh a bit at Courtney. "Well, did you think she was a dog? They're tame, you've got nothing to worry about." He walked over to Courtney and opened Hershey's stall door, leading her out by the bridle. "Just grab this, and you can lead her around."

Are you kidding me? Courtney thought to herself. She knew that if she grabbed Hershey's bridle she would end up looking foolish somehow. She reached up and grabbed it anyways. "I was hoping something along thie size of a goat," she laughed nervously.

She took a few steps forward and was surprised to see that Hershey had followed her. Smiling, she sighed, "I guess I won't get eaten."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back