The McIlvoy Residence

Kaela McIlvoy

The car finally stopped, parked in a small driveway in front of a quaint little house situated not far from the shores of the Atlantic Ocean. There were a lot of plants around and not a lot of other houses. It was definitely one of those little towns, where you had to drive half an hour to get groceries.

House-Front.jpg

Kaela stepped out of the car and smiled. It felt good to be home. She walked over to Courtney, who had gotten out of the car, and was beaming. "Well, this is home. It's not huge or anything, but I love it."

Courtney grinned as she hopped out of the car. She hadn't been around muggles very much, her muggle grandparents died when she was quite young. As she looked around, everything looked so peaceful and perfect. "Kaela, this place is amazing!" Courtney said as she placed the bag she was carrying on the ground. She wanted to run around the outside of Kaela's house, but was still very shy of her parents.

"Who's out there?" a deep voice called from the house. Quite soon a man with dark hair, dark hairs, and a bright smile appeared where the car was. "Kaela!" he said happily, embracing her in a hug which she returned. He let go of his daughter and went to his wife, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"And who is this lovely lass?" he asked, looking at Courtney.

James took Courtney's hand and gave it a good shake. "Sir? You sure know how to make a man feel old. You can call me James. Or Mr. McIlvoy if you prefer."

"Now, you girls get yourselves inside, I'll get your things in. I believe Finn was just having some lunch."

"Come on Courtney," Kaela said, taking Courtney's hand and dragging her inside.

She stopped once she got into a kitchen that would have been bathed in sunlight had it not been completely overcast. There was a boy sitting at the table, a bit older than Kaela, eating a rather large sandwich. "Hey Finn. This is Courtney."

Finn had just been taking a bite of his tasty sandwich when Kaela burst in. She had always had too much energy. Once he had swallowed his bite, he looked up at Courtney. "Hey," he said nonchalantly, seeming uninterested in anything but his sandwich and bottle of coke.

Courtney followed as Kaela had dragged her inside of the house. She looked up at the boy who must have been Finn and waved, "Hello."

She looked over at Kaela and grinned. "I love your house! You have to show me your room!"

Kaela frowned slightly at Finn and looked to Courtney. "Don't mind him, he's just moody." She noticed Finn give her a dirty look, which she returned before looking back to Courtney.

"Anywho, on to my room!" Once again Kaela grabbed Courtney's hand and dragged her upstairs. Soon enough they reached a door which Kaela pushed open to reveal her bedroom, which had a cot set up for Courtney to sleep on, their bags already stowed against a wall.

SL0408124c_1_x.jpg

"It's a bit small, but I like it." Kaela had let go of Courtney's hand and walked over to the bed, sitting happily on it.

Once Kaela had let go of her hand, Courtney ran into the room and squealed. "Eeeeeeee, Kaela, this is so cute!" She ran over to the bed and jumped on it. After sitting on the bed for a few seconds, she got up and peered out of the window. "Wow, I thought our view from the Ravenclaw tower was great. But you have an awesome view here! We'd have to go into the forbidden forest to see this many trees!"

Kaela looked out the window, smiling because she was so happy to be home. "Yeah, I really like it here, being around so much nature. So, are you as hungry as I am? Maybe if we team up on Finn we can get him to say more than one syllable."

"It's settled then." Kaela got off the bed and began walking back downstairs. She didn't drag Courtney this time, trusting that she would follow.

She got into the kitchen where Finn was still eating his sandwich. Opening the fridge, she frowned, not seeing anything she wanted. "I think I'm gonna have a sandwich myself. Hey Courtney, what are you in the mood for?"

Courtney followed Kaela downstairs and stood beside her as she opened the fridge. "I'll have whatever you are having. Sandwiches are always great, aren't they Finn?" She replied as she winked in the direction of Finn.

Finn didn't even look up from his sandwich as he gave a "yeah." He had a book in his lap, which Kaela hadn't noticed before.

Kaela had gotten some meats and cheese out of the fridge and laid them onto the counter. She walked to a cupboard and got out some bread, setting it next to the other stuff. Lastly she got down two plates, setting them down as well.

"Feel free to make whatever you want," she said to Courtney as she began to assemble her own sandwich.

Courtney took two pieces of bread and piled meat and cheese on one slice before placing the other slice over top. She then took a seat at the table Finn was sitting at and noticed a book on his lap. "What are you reading?" She questioned. She held in a laugh as she wondered if Kaela's entire family enjoyed reading as much as Keala did.

She then looked over to Kaela, "I'll help you clean up everything once we have finished."

Kaela put the meats and cheese back into the fridge and continued to look inside of it. "Hey Courtney, you want something to drink? Milk, juice, coke, water?"

Courtney got up from where she was sitting and stood beside Kaela, "I'll just have water, thanks."

"Dracula sounds interesting. I've heard stories, but have never actually read the book." She replied to Finn. "I wonder if he is a real Vampire? Kaela, what do you think?"

Kaela set a glass of water down on the table by Courtney before sitting down with her own plate and a glass of water. "Oh I dunno. I try not to think about that kind of stuff. What do you think Finn?"

"Well, the character of Dracula is actually rooted in history. He was modeled after Vlad the Impaler, whose real name was Vlad III Dracula. Or, at least that's what some people think. Others think Stoker drew influence from other sources. It's all a work of fiction if you ask me. Most monsters are scapegoats and ways for parents to scare children into behaving."

Courtney nodded, she was thinking about the kidnapping of Estrella. "I wish some living creatures were only fictional." She then sat back down and began to eat her sandwich.

Finn raised his left eyebrow slightlybefore shrugging and taking a drink of his coke. "Do you read, Courtney was it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back