The McIlvoy Residence

"Depends," he replied, seeming a bit disheartened. He leaned closer to Courtney, lowering his voice. "She does tend to read a lot, or go riding. Never hung out with a lot of people outside of school or anything. Not sure why, she just didn't make any really close friends. I think she liked this whole going to Hogwarts idea because it gave her a chance to start over. I'd say it's worked, you two seem pretty close."

Courtney smiled, she did consider Kaela one of her best friends at Hogwarts. She also leaned in towards Finn, grabbing hold of the saddle so that she wouldn't fall off. "One of our close friends, Estrella, was kidnapped just before we arrived here. We both witnessed it, and I think it is really upsetting Kaela. But don't repeat this, please." She made sure to keep her tone in a whisper.

Finn's eyes widened in surprised and his expression became worried. "I would never repeat that, Kaela would get pulled out of Hogwarts pretty fast. No wonder she barely ate this morning." He looked up at Kaela, frowning as she continued ahead of them.

Courtney gasped, "pulled OUT of Hogwarts?" She quickly looked ahead at Keala, hoping she didn't hear her. "I won't mention this again, I don't want one of my best friends to leave the school." Courtney was worried about Estrella, and now she was beginning to worry that Kaela would be pulled out of school because of her big mouth.

"Hey, don't worry, they won't find out. Our ma is just a bit, overprotective you might say. She didn't really want Kaela to go in the first place, but she finally gave in because Kaela really wanted it."

Courtney smiled, when she first met Finn she didn't find him to be the greatest, but it turned out he was a really nice guy. She began to talk a little bit louder. "Maybe you should come visit us at Hogwarts. I'm sure the Ravenclaw girls would swoon over you."

"Who wouldn't swoon over me," Finn said with a grin as he sat up straight. "Can I visit? I didn't think you could do that."

Courtney laughed, "Hey, I admitted that all of the girls would swoon over you! And I'm not sure, maybe Kaela would know. Hey Kaela? Are non-magical folk allowed to visit Hogwarts, if they are family?"

Kaela had been happily riding ahead of the two doing her best to ignore their conversation, which was easy as she couldn't exactly hear them. But now all of a sudden they were louder, and asking her questions. "I don't know," she began over her shoulder. "I doubt anyone will be allowed to visit after what happened..."

Courtney bit her lip and looked at her hands. "Kaela, I think it is best if we don't mention it any longer." She was still worried that the news would somehow travel to Kaela's parents.

Kaela sighed and petted Mara, wishing it would all just go away. And when she thought that, she thought about how much worse Estrella must have it, and here she was riding a horse and complaining. For some reason Finn and Courtney were getting on her nerves right now, and she didn't know why. She had Mara trot up a bit farther ahead, hoping that she wouldn't be able to hear them anymore.

Courtney looked at Finn and shrugged. "I guess we should just leave her alone, I'm sure she'll come back to us when she is ready. In the meantime, maybe you can show me what kind of stunts you can perform on a horse. Jumping, perhaps?"

Finn looked worriedly at his little sis, wondering what was going on in her head. He turned back to Courtney and put on his normal cocky smile, trying not to show his worry. "Stunts? What exactly are you thinking I can do? I can jump some hurtles, yeah, but I'm not that good. I just ride for fun."

Courtney raised an eyebrow and stuck out her tongue at Finn. "Fine then, if you're not confident in your abilities as a rider, we can always just play a little game.....Called truth or dare." She was starting to feel a bit on the prankish side.

Courtney began to giggle, "okay, Finn, dare it is! I want you to wave your hands in the air and scream at the top of your lungs : I'm a little sissy Bo Peep."

"Oh yes, you chose dare, now you have to do it. And I mean loud enough for Kaela to hear you! But then, after you have completed the task, you get to truth or dare me!" She then flashed Finn a big grin, hoping he would accept the dare.

With a melodramatic sigh and roll of his eyes, Finn turned to face forward, quite glad he could ride without holding on. He raised his hands in the air and began waving them around like a crazy person. "I'M A LITTLE SISSY BO PEEP!"

As he put his arms down, Finn saw Kaela turn back with an awkward look and move even farther ahead of the two. He turned to Courtney with a mock evil glare. "Truth, or dare?"

Courtney was laughing so hard she had to clasp one hand over her mouth to control herself. "Wow, good job. Since you did that, I'll have to pick dare as well."

"I'm now wondering why I agreed to this. I was never good at dares. Especially when we're horseback riding. I'm plum out of ideas."

"Well, we can always continue once we finish horseback riding. Don't think I'll forget about it though." Courtney answered to Finn's statement.

Kaela slowed Mara to a stop, waiting until Finn and Courtney caught up. "I didn't really have anything planned out. We can go whenever you guys are ready." She as trying not to sound disheartened.

"Kaela! When we are finished riding, why don't you join Finn and myself in a game of truth or dare?" :ph43r:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back