The McIlvoy Residence

Courtney took a sip of water before answering Finn. "I read occasionally, but Hogwarts has me so busy with school and clubs. I barely have time to read just for the sake of reading. But Kaela seems to manage her time better than I do, she is always reading her books."

"Heh, she gets that from me. You know, all little sisters wanna be like their big brothers. She saw me reading and started to read too." Finn smiled cockily as he leaned back, placing his hands behind his head.

"Shut up Finn, that's not why I read." Kaela looked at Courtney with an apologetic expression. "Our ma teaches primary school and our da is a university professor. Reading is in our genes I think."

Courtney laughed as she observed Finn and Kaela, "You guys crack me up. Both parents teachers? No wonder you are so smart Kaela!"

Finn stood, picking up his plate and dropping it in the sink. He walked over to the cupboard and took out bag of chips, returning to the table with them. "Ha, I'm the funny one. Only funny thing about her is she'ssuch a klutz."

((I said I did in the beginning, but I'm changing it :D ))

"Nah, I'm an only child. And Finn, you are quite wrong about Kaela. She is hilarious. You should have seen her at the lake, blushing away!"

"NO!" Kaela interjected with wide eyes. Realizing what she had just done, she attempted to appear calm. "I mean, it's really not that interesting."

Courtney frowned slightly, she did not want to embarass Kaela after she had been kind enough to invite her over for the holidays. "Ahh, Finn, it was pretty funny. But I think I'll let Kaela tell you the story herself."

"Oh I'll find out. Believe you me, I'll find out." He then turned back to Courtney. "So, what exactly is Kaela like at school? Does she spaz out a lot? Is she a bad kid? Into the drugs?"

"Heh, yeah, she was always the bad kid. I bet she's a terrible influence on everyone. All right." Finn began as she stood. "I need to get outta here. Too much estrogen and energy. It's toxic." He picked up his bag of chips and went to put it away.

Courtney giggled, she was starting to feel at home in Kaela's house. "Fine then, Kaela and I will munch all of your chips!"

Finn walked back over to the table, smirking. "Kaela knows better than to steal my chips, don't ya?" He ruffled her hair a bit before throwing his coke bottle away and walking out the door.

Kaela flashed Finn a dirty look as she fixed her hair, turning to Courtney. "Last time I ate his chips he locked me out of the house."

"Yeah, how about no. Besides, I'm not hungry." Kaela stood and picked up her plate that had her half eaten sandwich on it, taking it and throwing it away, putting the plate in the sink.

Courtney shrugged and got up after Kaela, placing her empty plate and glass in the sink. "I think we should probably wash these, I don't want to leave a mess for your parents to clean up."

"No need, dishwasher. I suppose we could put them in there though." Kaela reached over and opened the dishwasher door, pulling out one of the racks and placing some dishes from the sink on it.

Courtney had never heard of a dishwasher before and gaped at the weird contraption. She didn't want to look odd, so she snatched her dishes out of the sink and placed them in it.

Kaela saw the look on Courtney's face and giggled slightly. "It's a machine that washes the dishes." With all the dishes in the dishwasher, she put the rack back in and closed the door. "So, now what?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back