The House of Rambolt

"I'll be damned." It was sad softly. James looked at Marilyn and they shared a look then smiled. Their daughter had picked a good man this time. They knew she was happy and that was what mattered to them.
"Thank you," Marilyn said, beaming at Nicolas. James had stood up and taken the potion, shaking his hand and saying his thanks.

Cecily watched it all in awe, speechless. She'd no idea he would give them such a precious gift.

"Again, not a problem." Nicolas ensured Cecily's father as he took his seat beside Cecily once again and finished off his cake.

With the evening fading, the wrapping paper in the bin and the gifts shrunken and in pockets, along with Cecily's bag she'd packed, they stood in front of the fireplace and said their goodbyes.
She hugged and kissed her parents before stepping aside.

They returned her hugs and kisses, murmuring goodbyes to her, making promises to see her soon.
Then James held out his hand to shake Nicolas'. "Take good care of my girl," he said, clasping his hand and shaking it. "It was good to meet you."
Marilyn held out her hand next, "Thank you for coming. You're welcome at our house anytime."

Professor King smiled and said his goodbyes to Cecily's family before he turned to Cecily who was standing by the fireplace. He wasn't all too sure that his home would allow Cecily to floo into it. "Cecily, I think I need to go first, change some spells then in five minutes you should follow, is that alright?" he wnquired, not wanting her to get lost in some other God forsaken part of England.

"Sounds fine," she reassured him.

"Right then. I'll see you there." Nicolas said, throwing some floo powder into the fireplace. The flames turned an emerald green immediately. He stepped into the flames, smiled, then clearly said, 'Levens Hall'. Then he was off, flying through grate after grate, travelling home after over a decade of absence from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back