The Drage Residence 3

Suddenly infuriated at her arrogance and rudeness, Tristan snarled, "I'm making sure you don't break your bloody neck, that's what! Any more snarky remarks, Estrella Amanda?" He really needn't have added the middle name, but his anger had brought it out.

Their gazes met, both defiant and angry. Tristan saw so much of himself in her glare that it unsettled him. He watched as she made her way into her room. He could tell that she was trying hard to hide her true state, the weakness that consumed her from the spell. But being just like that once, he could see right through it with his own empathy.

He waited until she slammed the bedroom door with force, and shaking off his anger, he made his way back down the staircase.

In the kitchen, he made himself a sandwich, but when he was done he didn't feel like eating it, so left it on a plate all by its lonesome. He sighed as Lissandra began to rub his shoulders. Normally, he would have refused the motion, but it was actually quite relaxing.

He knew that many Death Eaters, like Sammael, kept their wives in check. However, he had never done so with Lorelei, and wasn't planning on marrying Lissandra. In another time, in a different situation, he just might have.

He closed his eyes in relaxation, although his brow was furrowed in deep thought. He knew that she wanted to marry him, but wouldn't voice it. And really, he wouldn't be able to handle being tied down again in the first place, as his responsibilities as a Death Eater required him to be free. Now, there was the prospect of another child, a son.

Lissandra smiled as she kneaded out the knots in his shoulders, and inquired sweetly, "Have you thought of any names yet?"

Confused by the abrupt question, Tristan muttered, "What?"

"The baby, you fool! Our son!" Lissandra exclaimed, pursing her lips. She was getting quite irritated with him being so passive about the whole situation.

"Oh. That," Tristan said quickly, attempting to avoid confrontation. "Actually, I've been thinking that Erik is a good name."

"Erik," Lissandra repeated, and then smiled. "I believe I like that. It rolls off the tongue."

She jumped as Tristan started, groaning in pain.

Tristan rolled up the sleeve on his left arm, revealing the dark mark, the snake twisting and writhing inside the skull. It flared in pain, but Lissandra's wasn't doing so. "They're summoning me," he growled, pulling the sleeve back down as he stood up from his chair, the legs squealing against the tile. Moving over to the door quickly, he turned to Lissandra. "I don't know when I'll be back," he muttered, and Disapparated at the doorstep.

A few days went by, and Estrella was reduced to staying in her room unless instructed otherwise. She hated her father, but the downside to him not being there was that Ravus had gotten progessively nastier.

With a fiery defiance she pulled her hair back into a tight ponytail, having had the courage to salvage her mother's closet. It made her sad to wear them, but then again, the whole house made her sad. Might as well be clean and depressed.

Throwing on a t-shirt and a pair of loose fitting, out of style jeans she trudged down the stairs, her expression blank and chilling. She walked into the living room, where Ravus and Vladmir were watching The Silence of the Lambs. Lissandra was nowhere in sight.

Vladmir laughed as he watched Hannibal Lecter bite off a security guard's cheek. Muggle features, the horror and suspense ones anyways, were the only source of entertainment that he had and he was quite enjoying himself. He didn't pay much notice as Estrella entered the room, too enthused with the character of Hannibal Lecter.

Ravus watched Estrella enter the room, his eyes cold with boredom. He'd never found much entertainment from muggle horror movies, finding them hollow and uncreative in comparison to his own dark mind.

"Looking for something?" he asked icily, his eyes darting reluctantly back to the television screen. Even glancing at the girl for a moment to long had proven to rouse the instincts of the hunt these days, and hate it as he might, Ravus had to be careful about controling himself now. Draven had warned him against harming the Drage girl any further and with his freakish gift of Sight it was a very rare day indeed that Draven was ever wrong about future troubles.

Estrella kept her mouth sealed, not wanting to reply. She was going to get hit anyway; might as well not throw more fuel onto the fire. Instead, she ignored him, her eyes wandering to the screen. She watched it for a while, and then turned to Vladmir. "You know, for as much as you guys talk, Hannibal seems like more of a Death Eater than you'll ever be. I'd wager he could beat the snot out of your Voldemort."

Vladmir turned away from the movie, snarling, "You would dare speak ill of the Dark Lord himself?" His expression was dangerous and angry. "In your age, you weren't even born when he was around."

Estrella raised an eyebrow. "Why would I be scared of a dead guy?" she snorted. Voldemort had died and returned already, and died again. She was pretty doubtful of his ever coming back.

"What would you, a filthy teenage half blood, know about the Dark Lord?" Vladmir snarled. He sat straight up in his chair, cocking his head to the side, muting the tv. He had become pretty skilled with the remote over the last couple of days.

"First of all," Estrella snapped, "I have no idea why you insist on calling him the Dark Lord. It's Voldemort, or Tom Riddle, whichever you prefer. And he's dead." She sat straight up in her chair, smirking at the glowering man. "Secondly, he may have returned from death, but he did his thing and failed. Worshiping a guy that wasn't proud to be human comes off as kind of corny. And lastly," her eyes narrowed, "Why would I respect a man who persecuted muggles or his blind skull and tattoo club?" She smirked as she remembered the quote from Liz over the summer.

"And so far," she added spitefully, "You guys haven't done anything. Why even call yourselves death eaters?"

Estrella just managed to brace herself for the blow that came next, as she was barrelled from her chair and pinned to the wall by her throat.

Vladmir glared her down with a dangerous expression as he punched the arrogant girl in the nose with a closed fist. "And yet, you never seem to learn, you pampered brat! Trust me," he lowered his voice to a menacing snarl, "If I wasn't under orders you would have been dead a long time ago."

He maintained the grip on her gullet, and added, "Would you like to be reunited with the ghosties of your past? But no, someone as daft as you wouldn't be able to handle the truth."

Estrella stared back at Vladmir, confused. Blood trickled from her nose, but she was unable to raise her hand and avoid a huge mess. What could Vladmir be talking about? But he wasn't telling, only smiling wickedly about something that he knew and she didn't. "Would you mind?" she snarled, pushing him off as she caught the blood in her hand. Angrily she trudged up the stairs, turning the lights on in the bathroom once more. As it had been just minutes ago, her face was even more of a mess, now stained with her blood as she stemmed the flow.

She couldn't take anything anymore. She had waited too long on attempting to escape. She must do it now, or never.

Quietly she walked into her room, shutting the door with the most silent creak she could muster. She looked at her room quickly; nothing there really worth missing. If she was going to escape, she had better travel as light as possible.

She had not yet attempted to escape, even though her window was only a story from the ground. She had figured there were Charms protecting against it, but what was the use of not trying?

Pulling the sheets off her bed she tied them together in tight knots, and wrapped the end around the gutter above her window, having taken off the screen. The frigid chill bit at her bare skin, and she quickly grabbed a winter coat from her closet, the fit tight, but it would serve its purpose.

Tentatively she stuck a leg out the window. Nothing happened. With a new spur of hope she grabbed onto the bedsheet, quickly sliding down the makeshift rope. As her tennis shoes crunched on the snow beneath her, she thought; I'm out. I'm free.

Tugging the fuzzy hood over her head to warm her ears, she broke out into a run, taking off down the street. She had no idea where she was going, but she wanted to put as much distance between herself and the house as she could.

Vladmir started as a sharp whirring noise reached his ears, relentless and seeming to come from the house itself. Knowing that Tristan had put charms on it, he bounded up the stairs, blasting open Estrella's door with his wand. He saw the rope hanging from the gutter, and bellowed, "She's escaped!"

He looked out upon the street and could see her tracks leading up to the road. He peeled his eyes over the scene and could see someone, far away, running down the road. As Ravus and Lissandra rushed in, he snarled, "She's taken to the road!"

“My turn, Vlad.” Ravus hissed without waiting for an answer, springing out the open window without a second thought. “Hunting rules are off under the circumstances of an escapee.”

Like Draven, of course, he landed without any problems, darting off into the darkness with inhuman speed, his eyes tracking Estrella’s every movement with perfect precision. It didn’t take long to catch up with her and he easily could have grabbed her and dragged her back within an instant but what fun would that be? He hadn’t hunted in far too long and the feeling was one he relished too dearly to back off from in the seconds it would have taken him. Let’s see what she does, rather. She’ll figure I’m out here sooner or later.

Knowing that she had little time, Estrella turned off down the street, taking a right. She knew of a forested park just down the way. If she could get in deep enough, she could make her pursuit lose the trail. She just didn't happen to truly know the kind of pursuit she was up against.

Pushing on farther she could see it just up ahead, and ran faster. Escape was inevitable; she had to be away from the death eaters and the sadistic way of life they presented. She sprinted as she thought she heard somehting, disappearing amongst the ancient trees and snow.

He cut into the forest only seconds after the Drage girl did, his footfalls skillfully coinsiding with hers to mask the sound though his hardly made any at all. If she thought a few tree and a wild tangle of brush would be enough to deter him, she’d have to be the stupidest creature he’d ever hunted.

Thinking that she should be far enough away for the moment, Estrella broke out of her run to amble along slowly, shivering in the bitter winter chill. The snow crunched beneath her feet, but other than that, she was pretty quiet.

Free for this fleeting moment, she thought of Vladmir's words
: Would you like to be reunited with the ghosties of your past? But no, someone as daft as you wouldn't be able to handle the truth.

What ghosts of her pasts? It didn't make an sense. Biting her lip, she continued walking. She wished that she had her wand for safety, having no idea where it was now. She knew that it had been left back at Hogwarts. Had someone picked it up?

She didn't have time to muse, however, as something gave way beneath her feet. Suddenly, gravity claimed her, sucking her into a pool of icy water. She shrieked out in distress, but there was no one around. Her whole body was immersed as she sunk further, flailing desperately to grab hold of solid ground.

Estrella coughed hoarsely, her lungs stabbing and constricting in pain. She treaded water, the weak current in the pool posing the threat of sucking her under the ice. I can't die now. Not like this.

She managed to grab hold of a giant tree root, however, pulling her body, soaked clothes and all, onto a snowbank. Her teeth chattered uncontrollably as her body convulsed, her hair and clothing beginning to freeze. Picking herself up, she supposed that she would have to head back to the town. Otherwise, she would freeze to death. She didn't relish being known as the human icicle.

((To be edited. Sorry guys.))

Ravus smirked, and it was quite a pity that he had not gotten to watch her perish. But still, he would be able to have some fun, so he couldn't complain.

Smiling in glee, he approached her slowly, her back turned to him. She was so unwary, so unknowing of his presence, so infallibly stupid. He stalked her like a cat, so close that he could hear her jagged and uneven breathing, constricted from the cold.

Grabbing her shoulders, he hissed, "Guess who?" As she turned in surprise, he pummeled her upside the jaw with the butt of his gun.

Estrella had not had time to react, and she cried out in pain as agony exploded in her face, the sound of bone cracking audible as she suffered the wrenching feeling of something being displaced.

She fell to the snow with the forceful blow, blood spurting from her mouth as she hit the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back