The Drage Residence 3

Tristan attempted to help Estrella up, but she pushed him away, glaring daggers at him. He remembered being her age, his father much worse than Ravus, who had beaten his son around until he was strong enough to fight back. Sadly, he knew that pain and abuse spawned only hate and rage, although it did make a person much stronger.

He did nothing as Estrella picked herself up, lumbered up the stairs, went to her room, and slammed the door behind her.

With a sigh he strolled into the living room, where Vladmir had seated himself on the couch, futilely clicking at the remote, attempting to turn the tv on. Tristan watched in amusement, sitting himself down in a chair. "You know, Vlad, the power button works just fine for that. It turns it on. And you should flip it around."

Being ready to blast the muggle object into pieces, Vladmir grumbled, "Stupid muggles; they make everything so damn confusing." It was a comical sight, as he had indeed held the remote so that the sensor was backwards. And he was avoiding the red power button, afraid that it might implode on him.

However, he did as Tristan had said, and the tv flared to life. He acted on the outside like he was hating every moment of it, while he was in fact thouroughly amused.

He stopped at a channel that showed the dead corpse of a very obese man, his ankles swelled and cans of spaghetti sauce laying all around him. Vladmir laughed, thouroughly intrigued.

Tristan recognized the picture as Seven, featuring Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman, a rather grotesque but interesting film. He watched in silence, remembering that he had taken Lorelei to this movie on one of their first dates. Then, he didn't know much about muggles, and cried out when he had first seen the figures on the screen, thinking that giants had made their way into the theatre. Lorelei had had to calm him down, apologizing to all around them while explaining what a movie was.

He looked over at Vladmir, who was enjoying the feature very much. That particular movie would give even a death eater some sick and twisted ideas, and he wouldn't put it past Vladmir.

"He made him eat until he exploded!" Vladmir laughed, fascinated. "Where the hell is Ravus? He would love this!" He continued watching the film, impressed with all of the various ways the murderer killed his victims. "You know, some muggles really know how to torture," he murmured, in awe of the killer.

Tristan reflected with silent laughter that Vladmir looked as dirty as the hobo on the screen, but decided that he did not want to sit all day. He got up and walked into the kitchen, where Lissandra was sitting, reading a book that she had found in the house. "I'm going to get some groceries," he announced, as he was the only one who knew anything about the muggle world. "I'll be back in a few hours."

"Will be perfectly fine. She is in her room," Tristan informed her. "If she tries anything, alarms will go off. Trust me." He turned to the door, and then asked, "Do you need anything?"

Lissandra gave him a curt smile, and replied, "Nothing, really." She returned to her book. She was positively enraged at having to stay in a muggle home for who knew how long, having nothing to do and no one to talk to. Vladmir revolted her, Ravus stayed on his own, Tristan was detached, and Estrella was well, their prisoner. Sighing, she kept reading.

Her eye and stomach throbbing in pain, Estrella lounged in her room, with nothing really to do. The childrens books she had once loved held no joy for her, and her toy broomstick had lost its hovering charm, and in any case she was too heavy for it any more.

So she was left to lie on her bed, focusing intently on things and zoning out. She wondered about Liz and Sophia, hoping that they were both okay. They should both be alright with the Death Eaters around them; Lief, Arcturus and Garett were all very reasonable.

She sighed, and then dwelled on her own situation. Escape was a thing that could not be pushed aside; she needed to get away. Without Liz, it made it much harder to plan. Liz and Sophia both knew more about the Wizarding World than she did. And now, she had no one to talk to. Malfoy Manor was a picnic compared to this. She thought about jumping out of the window and running, but it seemed too simple; there had to be a catch.

As she scanned the small room, however, she noticed the leather bound binders on the floor, that she had unknowingly pushed off her bed the night before. She realized what they were, as one lay on the floor, open and revealing a wedding picture. Tentatively, she picked up the open album, staring at the photo inside it.

Her parents were frozen in the unmoving picture, obviously taken by a muggle camera. Both of their faces were bright and happy, blissfully unknowing of what was going to occur in the next couple of years. The whole wedding party, although it was not very large, was present. Lief, Carlisle and a man she did not recognize stood to Tristan's side, but younger and thinner in black tuxedos. The one she did not recognize seemed to be the best man. Natalie and Dawn, both her mother's cousins that now lived in Wisconsin, were standing to Lorelei's side, along with Maggie, Carlisle's wife.

But Estrella stared longingly at her mother, her face so beautiful, just as she remembered it. She could hear her soothing voice in the back of her memory, reading her a bedtime story or assuring her that everything was going to be alright. Morosely she flipped through the book, recognizing her mother's parents but not her father's. It probably had something to do with her muggle heritage, she thought darkly.

She put the book aside, however, as she heard a knock on her door, the doorknob turning slowly.

Lissandra stepped tentatively into Estrella's room, going in further when there was no protest. She pulled her flowing red hair behind her ears, proceeding to sit on Estrella's bed, slow in her pregnant state. She attempted to put on a smile for the silent girl. "Are you doing okay. What-" she began, but gasped as she saw the girl's blackened eye. She placed her hand to Estrella's face to see better, her fingernails unchipped and bright pink. "My dear, who did this to you?"

Estrella gave Lissandra a weak smile, having gotten along with her better than the other death eaters. "Ravus," she said simply. "Apparently, I can't open my mouth to say anything." She had just noticed Lissandra's bulging belly, not having seen her in the ruckus of the previous night.

"The Winterlings," Lissandra sighed, shaking her head, "Can be bastards at times. But we have to deal with them." She smiled weakly, and added, "I'll see if I have anything to put on it." She was attempting to get on Estrella's good side without being too fakey.

"Thanks," Estrella sighed, curling her legs up to her chest to give Lissandra more room. Suddenly, a thought struck her. "Do you know where Liz and Sophia are?"

Lissandra tried to smile broader. "I do. But I'm afraid that you can't stay together or contact each other. Not after last time, you know." She attempted to be perkier as Estrella's face fell. "We will all be meeting together sometime," she added, "Though I don't know where and when. Then you'll see them." She shifted a bit, rubbing her belly as her baby kicked.

Estrella's hopes went up when she learned that she would get to see Liz and Sophia, and wanted it to be soon. Looking at Lissandra's belly with interest, she inquired, "How far along are you?"

Lissandra's eyes brightened; this conversation was going exactly where she wanted it to. Tristan hadn't wanted her to break the news to his daughter, but Lissandra was straightforward and impatient. "Here, he's kicking now," she said, grabbing Estrella's hand and placing it on her stomach.

"Cool!" Estrella exclaimed, for she could feel the little baby moving around with her hand. "Is it a boy or girl?"

"And what are you going to name him?" Estrella asked interestedly.

Lissandra turned to face Estrella, for this was her moment. "Well, we haven't decided yet. That is, your father and I haven't decided." She smiled encouragingly at Estrella, who wore a very confused expression. "You see, Estrella, he's your little brother."

Estrella's face strained in shock. Had she heard Lissandra right? She couldn't have. "Um, what?" she asked rather stupidly, the truth taking a moment to process.

Lissandra grabbed Estrella's hands, holding them tight as her eyes brightened. "You're going to have a brother! Isn't it great?" she beamed, obviously excited out of her mind. She had never had a child before, and simply could not understand why no one else felt the same way about this baby.

Estrella was still dumbfounded from the news, but upon seeing Lissandra's expectant face, she forced out a weak reply. "That's.. great," she said quietly. But before Lissandra could say more, she was cut off by a rumbling sound in the street.

"What in the world is that?" Lissandra murmured. Slowly rising, she stuck her finger through and separated the blinds on Estrella's window. "Bloody merlin," she muttered, shaking her head. There was Tristan, stepping out of the ugliest black monster that she had ever seen.

Estrella was dumbstruck at the fact that Lissandra was carrying her father's son, but became even more confused as she saw the monster van in the driveway. It really made no sense. A death eater, who was supposed to detest muggle objects, was roaming around in a giant, gas guzzling ozone depleter. She trailed behind Lissandra as she left the room. I have nothing else to do in this hellhole anyway, she thought to herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back