The Drage Residence 3

Ravus stood smack dap in the middle of the road, unmoving and calm as Tristan slammed on the brakes. The front end of the car shivered to a stop only inches in front of him but his eyes remained impassively locked with Tristan’s, a wicked grin spreading across his face. “You know for a full blood wizard you act an awful lot like a muggle sometimes.” He muttered lightly as he came around to the passenger side and jumped in.

Tristan slammed on the brake as Ravus appeared in the middle of the road, nearly running him over. As the man got into the passenger side of his car, he pointed out, "Says the wizard who carries around a gun."

He pulled the van into the driveway, opening the side door and picking up a huge load of groceries. The vehicle, he believed, would be convenient. Unlike MIAT or the Floo Network, he would be able to transport several people at a time without the ministry getting wind of it. And it was much more preferable than a broomstick for travel in the frigid winter weather.

Estrella attempted to open the front door, but was grabbed by the shoulder and spun around, turned to face Vladmir, whose breath was rank.

"Don't even think about it, missy," Vladmir snarled. "You're not allowed to step outside this house. For security purposes, you know." He laughed as he observed her black eye, still shut and swollen. "How did you manage to get that? Of course, the spawn of idiots would be like so."

"Shut the hell up," Estrella snapped back. "Someone as ugly and smelly as you has no reign to throw insults."

Estrella replied with fire, "No, I'm asking you to take a shower. Holy hell, man!" She pinched her nose mockingly. But her smile faltered as Vladmir pointed his wand at her chest.

Estrella screamed in pain as it felt as if a knife was being torn through her chest. She stared down in disbelief, blood soaking her clothes. All of a sudden she became light headed, her mind swimming. Her knees buckled as she collapsed to the floor, unaware of those around her.

Ravus hardly glanced at Estrella as he walked in, calling to Tristan as he walked off into another room. “How is it that Stinko the wizard gets to kill the kid but I get my head chewed off over a black eye? Talk about racism!”
Death wasn’t anything new to him by far and it was rarely of much interest to him if it wasn’t by his own hand, anyway. No sense in risking his control over blood he hadn’t spilt.

"Vladmir, you bloody idiot!" Lissandra yelled. "Crucioing someone is one thing, but this-" She glared at the laughing Russian man, "Are you trying to kill off the ones of the prophecy?" She pointed her wand at Estrella, uttering a spell to stem the flow of blood. She fell to Estrella's side and observed the cut. It was long, but not too horribly deep. Vladmir had thankfully not punctured any organs; not even Ravus would be able to explain that away.

Tristan dropped the groceries in the doorway, whipping out his wand to curse Vladmir. But Ravus stood in his way, his expression mocking.

Ravus was back in an instant, stepping with mock righteousness between the two wizards. “He was in the right, Tristan, and your daughter was well over due for punishment.” He declared smugly, shoving Tristan back. “I can’t allow you two to fight, no matter how amusing it might be.”

In rage, Tristan snarled, "Then I'll go after you first!" He pressed his wand to Ravus' throat, hissing, "Avada-"
His words were cut short as a gun clicked against his heart.

Ravus chuckled dangerously. “Unless you’ve got a death wish, Tristan, that’s not a smart move on your part. One pull of this trigger and your brains will be all over your daughter’s lap. A lovely story for her to pass on to her own kids some day, but I think you’d better rethink this one.

“I may be a Death Eater, Tristan, but I can assure you that I am quite a different breed than you, a new and highly improved species as you might say. I’m pretty confident I can pull this trigger long before you could even utter much more than a breath more of that sentence but it’s entirely your call.”

"Kedavra!" Tristan wanted to bellow, but he knew that it would mean his own death as the first syllable was spat out. He glared at Ravus with intense rage, so yearning to kill the man, but he could not ignore his words. Slowly, he removed his wand from Ravus' throat, and the other locked back the safety on the gun, grinning in his victory.

“I warned you to keep your daughter in check, Tristan. I never really believed in all that Karma crap but coincidences happen. Best start making good on my suggestions.”

As Ravus left, Tristan's expression was violently murderous. "Get the hell away from here, Vladmir," he growled, "Or I'm going to change my mind about things." If the situation had been any different, he would have killed the man without a problem. Disgruntled, he watched as the Russian man walked off as Ravus had done, leaving Lissandra and himself to Estrella.

Estrella heaved in huge gulps of air, her body convulsing in horrible pain. Every breath she took, the injury stabbed and burned, unrelentless and equal to a full blown Crucio. She could not feel the cut bleeding any more, but that did not prevent an ounce of agony. She attempted to move, but it only made it worse.

Having once worked in a minor unit of St. Mungo's, Lissandra was pretty sure she could heal Estrella's wounds. She had quit the job a long time ago, but she remembered how to heal exceptionally well. It would come useful if the time ever came when the Death Eaters needed her.

Pushing Tristan out of the way, she pointed her wand at Estrella, her wounds still fresh and open. Thankfully, they were not too deep. She uttered a spell, and Estrella's wounds were magically stitched together. As an extra precaution, sge wrapped magical bandages around the girl's midsection.

Kneeling down to the ground, her red hair spilling over her shoulders, she put a gentle hand behind Estrella's head, and inquired, "Can you talk, dear?"

Estrella opened her mouth to speak, purposely averting her eyes from her father. "Yeah, I'm fine," she replied quietly, "It still hurts like hell, though." With effort she walked up to a sitting position with her hands, breathing heavily as she bent over. Her hair hung over her face as she strained to stand up, pain flaring through her chest. She staggered as she stood, her knees shaking.

Lissandra moved to help Estrella, surprised when she was pushed away. "Really, dear, you shouldn't even be moving!" She fussed like a mother hen.

"I'm fine," Estrella repeated adamantly. Turning around, she moved to the staircase, pain attacking her body in waves. But she was stubborn and determined not to let weakness show. Grasping the railing of the staircase as if she was hanging on for dear life to a tree root over a cliff, she took the first step tentatively, pulling herself up with all of the arm strength she could muster.

Tristan walked slowly behind Estrella, standing at the edge of the staircase. His expression became dark and angry, however, as she turned to glare at him with a burning intensity.

"What are you doing?" Estrella snapped angrily. "I'm not a damned baby."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back