Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
If you could invite 5 people, living or dead, to a dinner party, who would you invite?

Yes, I know this question is cliched and annoying. I just wanted to get people thinking. :)

I would invite:
Emily Bronte - I would have said Charlotte, but Emily is the more interesting of the sisters, I think. I'd want to know how she was inspired to write Wuthering Heights, and what she was writing when she died. (Legend has it that Charlotte read her manuscript and threw it in the fire, she was so horrified). Emily sounds really awesome, even though she was a complete recluse, and I'd like to meet her. :)

George Orwell - Hah, kind of an obvious one, wasn't it? I'd like to know his opinion on the state of world politics and such in this day and age. I'm sure he'd provide interesting insights.

Mark Oliver Everett (a.k.a. E) - I read his autobiography. It's one of the most fascinating books I've ever read. Sure, he may be a bit of an...odd character, but he sounds like a really interesting person with plenty of interesting anecdotes. I am sure he'd provide plenty of interesting conversation.

Robert Smith - Because he is completely and utterly awesome. Like E, he seems like a bit of an odd character, but I'm sure he'd have plenty of exciting stories to tell.

My mum - Somebody's got to stop me from being in complete awe of these people. This would be interchangable with my husband, except I'm not married and don't have any intention of getting married any time soon. Plus, she'd be able to help me cook. ;)

Yeah, it's a really annoying question, I know, but I'm interested. :)

Hmm... this one is difficult, but here goes:

Pierre Trudeau - He was an amazing Prime Minister and an even more humorous person. I'd probably just listen to him talk about the FLQ Crisis when he invoked the War Mesaures Act and his famous line about daring to do so, "Just watch me" Or him mouthing "F*ck off" to another member of parliament or other such incidents with his flamboyance and amazingness. Why would I not invite him?

Winston Churchill - He's always good for a laugh or two. ;) I'm not sure I'd permit him any alcohol, but he was definitely a great man and a unique character. I don't think I could ever do his name justice in simply listing why I'd invite him, so I'll use his name to justify itself. It's Winston Churchill, folks. ;)

Oscar Wilde - I'd probably request he bring his 'pimp stick', just for laughs, but he was an amazing playwrite. The Importance of Being Earnest, one of the greatest comedies ever written, was written by this man. He sent himself into exile from society after being released from prison for "gross indecency".
His views about manners and morality always intrigued me, that manners are more important than morals. Most people would likely disagree with him, but he could back his point and does in numerous of his plays and writings.
He was quoted as saying "My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or other of us has got to go." Well, his wallpaper won that duel and I'd like to hear what he has to say about that. :p

Jesus Christ - Really, if I'm able to invite any five people to dine with me, living or dead, Jesus is definitely going to be there. I mean, sure, I can talk to him whenever and he lives within me but for him to be there in flesh and blood, physically occupy space, be able to be spoken to and audibly reply without the need for prayer, patience, or faith. That's a pretty awesome thought.

Helen of Troy - Assuming such a person ever truly existed, it'd be quite amazing to meet her and see what "the face that launched a thousand ships" truly was, and perhaps who the person behind it ever was. :)

There you have it, your little glimpse into the mind of me.

This was really tough. My head almost split into two, thinking of the 5 people I'd invite.
I would officially invite :

J.K Rowling : She was the reason why i'm on this website now. I always loved her books and it would be great if i could meet her.

Prophet Muhammad : Well i'm a Muslim, and i believe he's the prophet. I would really want to meet him and ask forgiveness.

Adnan Saidi : My country's legendary hero. He was the brave on ewho fought in World War 2 against the Japanese. He fought for his country.

Mother Theresa : She touched many hearts and she touched my heart too. I'd be great if i could meet her.

Wilma Mankiller : She's the first female head of the Cherokee Tribe. She's my role model and i look up to her.

I'm saying, this is cool....

Aro (volturie king): coz, his nice, for me.

Barrack Obama: just want to meet him in person.

Nicolas KIng: coz your awesome.

Stephenie Meyer: i like her books, that's all.

My Computer Teacher: he rocks my world, his my favorite teacher. i'm going to miss him, going to graduate.

You want to meet Nick? Really? And with all the interesting people out there? :p

Most of my other ideas for this involve battles. Like the Bronte sisters and Jane Austen...plus a mediator. Or Robert Smith and Morrissey, plus assorted members of The Cure and The Smiths. I could do with entertainment, even if it involves a fight. :woot:

Hmm... well I won't pretend I didn't get some ideas from you lot, but these are the 5 i'd honestly invite.

JK Rowling - I've always loved her books.
Stephenie Meyer - I read books like there's no tomorrow and atm she's top of my list.
Jesus Christ - well I'm a christian so meeting him is what I've always wanted :) like Nick
Barak Obama - it would be a great discussion point!
and...
Gordon Brown - to ask him what the heck is he doing with my country.

:p

JK Rowling- She's an interesting person and it would be interesting to chat it up with her!
T.H. White - His novel 'The Once and Future King is one of my all time favorites!
Anne Frank- She probably wouldn't speak much since I don't understand German that well but still...She seems like a nice person...
Teddy Rosevelt- Nice man, would like to know his views on politics...
Utada Hikaru- She's a very nice Japanese Singer who speaks very good english!

Nessie Wolfe said:
I'm saying, this is cool....

Aro (volturie king): coz, his nice, for me.

Barrack Obama: just want to meet him in person.

Nicolas KIng: coz your awesome.

Stephenie Meyer: i like her books, that's all.

My Computer Teacher: he rocks my world, his my favorite teacher. i'm going to miss him, going to graduate.
I refuse to attend any dinner with Stephenie Meyer unless I am assured she doesn't make it out either:
1) Alive or
2) Still thinking Twilight rocks

=))

Come to my dinner. I want

1) Nick - Because he's awesome
2) Violet - Because she's awesome
3) Bia - Because she's awesome
4) Abby - Because she's awesome
5) JK Rowling - of course Alexis - Because she's awesome

I shouldn't be awesome enough to attend any of your dinner parties, people. :p
I'm just internet awesome. ^_^

Patricia Rogers said:
=))

Come to my dinner. I want

1) Nick - Because he's awesome
2) Violet - Because she's awesome
3) Bia - Because she's awesome
4) Abby - Because she's awesome
5) JK Rowling - of course Alexis - Because she's awesome
This kind of made my day.

Brian Getathorn XIX said:

Anne Frank- She probably wouldn't speak much since I don't understand German that well but still...She seems like a nice person...
Anne wasn't German, she was Dutch. :p

This is so difficult. I think I would invite:

Yusuf Islam because I'm in love with Cat Stevens' music, and I have a graduate's diploma in Religious Studies and I find it really interesting, Islam in particular, so I would love to talk to him about music and religion and the pressures of being a celebrity.

Lars von Trier. I think he's one of the greatest directors of our time and I'd love to talk with him about art and film and theatre and truth and representation and life as he sees it. Wow! That'd be awesome.

Zlata Filipovic, author of Zlata's Diary, which she wrote as an eleven year old girl in war-torn Sarajevo. Fortunately, she survived the war and has since gone on to do many great things for peace, and still writes wonderfully. She's only four years older than me, too, so I'd love to talk to her as a young woman about the things we're facing today, as we grow up and become real women in the real world.

Prince Harry. It sounds dumb, but I'm exactly the same age as him (well, I'm four days older), and we grew up at the same time, only he was in the spotlight, and even though we are from quite different backgrounds, we've done some of the same things, stupid and admirable. I'd like to tear him out a bit for joining the army, and generally just talk to someone who grew up in such a privileged environment.

Brett and Jemaine from Flight of the Concords. Ok, I know I'm cheating with two people there, but they're kiwis who've made it big, and they have brought a lot of laughter to my life. It'd be so cool to meet them in person.

Ok, now if I could bring people back from the dead, I would invite:

Beverley Pretious, my mum's mum who died at age 27, when my mum was only 3. I would love to talk to her about her life and her hopes and dreams for herself and my mum and uncles.

Rupert Stewart, my fiance's brother who committed suicide at age 27, two and a half years ago. I just really want to talk to him, about everything.

Janet Frame, a New Zealand author and poet who suffered from schizophrenia. She's one of my heroes and I'd love to talk to her about literature, living with a mental illness and growing up and writing in New Zealand. I'd also love to share travel stories with her.

A. A. Milne. He shaped my childhood with his writing. I'd love to chat to him and talk about how he wrote.

Buddha. I think he'd be an amazing guy to talk to. I feel like I could learn a lot from him.

I would have (all of these people are alive)

Barack Obama - Because I think he's doing wonders for America, he is generally very awesome and would be good to talk to and I want to give him a hug

J.K.Rowling - Because she is Amazing, harry Potter is amazing and she would be able to answer all my questions about Harry Potter

John Green - Because he is AWESOME! His books are really good and he is very funny

The Queen - Because I'd like to ask her, what she actually does. Like apart from wave at people.

Stephaine Meyer - So I could punch her for making vampires suck

Imogen Day said:
Stephaine Meyer - So I could punch her for making vampires suck
You: because you're awesome! :p

Imogen Day said:

The Queen - Because I'd like to ask her, what she actually does. Like apart from wave at people.

I like that

humm ok this is hard

Dalai Lama, because i think that he is doing an amazing jod trying to set tibet free,

Morgan Le Fey, (from the legongds) if she was real

Harriet, one of my best friends who i haven't seen in over a year

Sam stern, as someone will need to do the cooking and i love his recipe books.

Amy Lee, as she is my favorite musician.

OMG there's so many people :o ok..

JK Rowling: because she is awesome for coming up with harry potter, the books are amazing and i have some questions to ask her :) And, if she never wrote the books, Harry Potter would never of been made into a film and there would be no cool Rupert Grint on our screens :cool:

Jonas Brothers: :lawlz: they are my favourite band ever and I would just love to talk to them :wub:

Tom Felton: I think he is an amazing actor and a great singer and I would love to meet him. He seems so sweet when he's doing interviews :)

Nicole Kidman: She is my favourite actress and kind of like my role model.

Zac Efron Baz Lurhman: He is by far one of my favourite directors, i love his style. I would like to talk to him about where he got his amazing idea's from and how he started out.

Amanda: Because our conversations are hilarious

Julie: Because she's one of the people who MUST be there with the others listed.

Liv: Because I could flog her a load of aprons xD

Kaitlyn: Because she has some totally amazing characters.

Camilla: Because she makes me laugh so much.

This is seriously who I would choose.
Altogether.. We'd be laughing our heads off.

Nick -because he is awesome.
Cole- my bff
Amy- to pay the bill (my cuz.) I hope she kill me for that.
Kristen Stewert- She would not be going home that night(mwhahahahahah)
Adam Gontier- So cute!!!

Nobody has posted in a while, but I wrote this after a long time of thinking and I don't want it to be wasted.
Nicolas King (Awesomeness reasons)
Harry Potter (Awesomeness reasons)
Hermione Granger (Awesomeness reasons)
Ron Weasley (Awesomeness reasons
Paul Kaplan (My grandpa who died)
Morris Pike (My other grandpa who died)
Weird group of people eating dinner together. =))

Another list I might do:
Julia Murphy (My bff)
Jordin Sparks (Because a lot of people hate her currently and I like her music, we can also be hated together! :p )
Thomas Edison (He was awesome)
J.K. Rowling (I admire her for coming up with HP)
Allison Iraheta (I love her singing)
Very weird group of people eating dinner together. So singers, my bff, a dead inventor, and an author. :p

Hmm.....

J.K. Rowling: She's inspired me to write, which has brought a lot out of me. Thank you.

Rachel McAdams: Favorite actress, and she's just so versitle. I love her :)

Idina Menzel: Watch Defying Gravity from Wicked, and you'll just understand why <3

Severus Snape: Weird, I know, but I want to talk with him, no matter how dreary and rude he may be... his actions somewhat make sense to me.

Hermione Granger: I swear, some of the things she's going through in life are the exact same as mine... it's like her non-magical issues are what's going to happen with me, and I can relate to her so much.

William Wilberforce: Great man, would have loved to actually have known him.

Benedict Cumberbatch: My favourite actor, very well educated and interesting and attractive man.

Jack the Ripper: I would love to meet/speak to him. Ask him why he killed those women, actually find out who he was! I'd just be a bit concerned that I might be dead by the end of the evening.

JM Barrie: Seems like an interesting man and I would love him to give me an insight into his imagination.

Wladyslaw Szpilman: Need I say more? A truly inspirational man, his story is just amazing. I have so much respect for him.

Ookay so

Selena Gomez-Becuase she is an awesome singer and actor plus she's my role-model :wub:

Serena O Dywer and Amanda Keating- My two BFFs, would make the dinner a laugh :D

J.K Rowling-I admire her and I'd love to get to know her

Lady Gaga- Love to see what she would wear and I'd like to get to know the girl!

Demi Lovato - I absolutely adore her, such an inspiration.

Emma Watson - Such a beautiful lady, awesome personality!

Dianna Agron -Stunning. And I love her voice, I could listen to her speak forever!

Tom Felton - Obvious reasons :r

James Phelps - Another obvious reason... :r

I reckon we'd all have a good laugh together!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back