The Bi-Weekly Update

Professor Kalif Styx

transfig 5-7 † patriarch

OOC First Name
Ghost

Hey guys, it is my turn for the update, so here I am! I am half asleep so if there are any typos, just look over them.

Quidditch: News
Two games have been played, and by some stroke of luck, Hufflepuff managed to pull a win on the Slytherins. I was shocked when I logged in to see that. And with Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw, Gryffindor took the win for that one!

Lesson Week: 5
That is right, it is the fifth week of lessons! So, in two more weeks, it will be break week to catch up on a monster load of lessons to tip the houses in either favor. From the current standings, Slytherin and Ravenclaw are really behind right now. Geez, y'all need to get moving.

Halloween: Complete
Halloween has been completed, and the winners of the costume contest will be announced shortly. If you missed out on all the fun, feel free to lurk the topics that are now locked in the Great Hall.

Brightstone: Closing
Brightstone is closing tomorrow so if you missed out on this, stay tuned for the holiday weeks ahead when all forums will be open for the break between semesters. For those that shopped, shopkeepers, make sure that the purchases are accounted for and closed.

Speed Dates: Operation Shout Out
There is a fun event happening over at Madam Puddifoots which is speed dating! There are many threads featuring this, so go check it out! The details on the event are listed here: https://hogwarts.nz/threads/speed-dating-operation-get-noel-a-date.106124/
So, big thanks to Kris for setting this up for us!

Clubs: Stay Active
So far, there have only been 2 clubs that has done anything this year, and that is Conglomerated Arts Club and Brotherhood. Those of you that have clubs need to get the ball rolling on events because consistent silence will ultimate lead to the club's closure.

Hiring: 2 Shopkeepers
The Apothecary & The Leaky Cauldron applications are still up! We still have positions open for some talented new faces to fill! However, if there is no one willing to step up, the shops will be removed completely.

What? Nothing to lurk? Shame on you guys.

Have a plot that you want to highlight? Submit it here!

Exams! Haha who are we kidding
Holiday forums opening
Kaitlyn killing a character or three
More plots?
Halloween Contest winners!

And that is all folks! You know what to do from here.
~ Kaitlyn
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

What was Slytherin DOING?!

What do you mean some stroke of luck. Hufflepuff worked hard for that well deserved win.
Thanks for the update Kaitlyn.
looking forward to see some new shop keepers updating the shops.

Thanks for the update Kaitlyn!

Hogwarts Monthly also has an event.

Just going to say, if people are posting links to events in their profiles for visibility on the front page, it might be a good idea for everyone else to hold off on making profile posts that aren't as important, so as not to knock off the events/tryouts/announcements that are.

Thanks for posting, Kaitlyn.
I would suggest for club leaders to PM HoHs with info about their events for a more stable place for those events to be posted. Every house does have a board in their common room, and that's likely IC where events would be posted. Or message an admin for inclusion in the announcements area. The profile area has become a place for people to character develop in a different way with some announcements sprinkled in, and I wouldn't want to deter anyone from doing that throughout the year.

Last edited:
Hiring: 2 Shopkeepers
The Apothecary & The Leaky Cauldron applications are still up! We still have positions open for some talented new faces to fill! However, if there is no one willing to step up, the shops will be removed completely.​
I have a question about this - would staff be removing the forums completely, or the applications? It seems odd to me if it was the case where you completely delete an area such as (specifically) the leaky cauldron, which is something of a popular forum for people to RP in, and doesn't seem to necessarily need to be run by a member if no one had a character at this point in time who could take the mantle, as it sells nothing that requires a shopkeeper to moderate it.

It's on a case by case basis what would be done with the shops/areas.

Thanks for the update :D

How is it week 5 already?? time goes by too fast =))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back