OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly 16" Sturdy Vine Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Rory never usually found himself in the library, he didn't often get his own books but misfortune had crossed his path and now he stood in the library searching for something, he didn't want to ask for help from the librarian because he assumed like others in this school he would not respect Rory and opt to not give him what wanted, might be called a leprauchen again, which he didn't want to happen, but he was in his second term and after a pretty good christmas he was feeling a little more settled in this damned school so far from his own. But, this didn't help him in getting the book he wanted and he was just left walking up and down the aisles letting out a bored sigh each time he failed to spot it. It was his first time in any library that wasn't just his family's, and he didn't really know how things were organised, in his house he'd just learned the system, and he didn't what this was.

Eventually he spotted the right section and then in front of his eyes a girl from his year someone he had seen on multiple occasions had the book in her hands and the boy let out a long huff shaking his head a little to himself as he stepped forward to the girl, "Hey, that's mine," he told her firmly in his very strong scottish accent, "Gee it here," Rory continued with more firmness in his voice, this was his book, it belonged to him, well it didn't but he needed it and he was better than this girl so obviously he needed it and deserved it more than she did, he held out his hand to take the book from her, since she would obviously give it to him. The young Slytherin was very certain of this fact, he assumed this girl was just like Annabelle and Flavio, both of whom did what he wanted, so he expected her to say nothing and just hand it to him, he almost had a bored look on his face in waiting for her to hand it over.

After a break from school Evelyn was glad she was on Hogwarts again. And who would say that after such a negative first day, when she set her very first steps into this school. Everything was ugly and everything was stupid and especially when she was sorted into Gryffindor. But now everything had changed and so had Evelyn too. She was still her fathers princess and acted very spoiled about many things. But she learned how to make some friends and how to share with others, and that was already a big step for her. Today she didn't really had a plan for something so she just walked to the Library to find something or perhaps someone? She really wanted to see her brother, because at home with Christmas it was so lovely to be with her family.. except her mother ofcourse. But she wanted to see Espen more on school because it felt that they grown apart. But maybe it was a part of Evelyn that made friends and spend a lot of time with them. She didn't knew anybody from Slytherin except for her brother and that was kinda weird.

When the blonde entered the library she didn't really knew what she was doing here, but she was very bored. Maybe Lucas would be here or Aaron but than again they didn't liked to read too. But with that two guys you never knew, because they made out of everything a adventure. She walked through the bookshelves and stopped at a section. She grabbed just one book from the shelve and took it in her hand. When she was about to turn around she saw a boy that she didn't knew but before she could walk away or introduce herself he started to speak with a weird accent. A suprised look appeared on Evelyn her face, what was this boy doing! What the hell does he think he is! she thought and directly knew that she was gonna spill it, just how open and honest she always was. '' Uhm, who the hell are you! And how can this book be from you? We are in a library or were you gonna say that you own this place? A bit too young for my taste.. '' Evelyn was not looking for fights or stuff to hurt people but she could not stand people that were rude to her or think that they were better than her. Because they weren't! '' I'm not gonna hand it over when you say it like that. I'm not your house elf! - Pff.. what is this for book anyway. '' Evelyn didn't really understand this, she didn't even want this book but when he was talking like that she would not please him with that.

Rory hadn't expected the girl to put up a fuss but the moment she started speaking he realised this was wrong, his eyes narrowed at her, did she not understand that he was better than her, and therefore the book had to be his, and while he would've interrupted her, the girl didn't seem to stop and her mention about him being too young definitely confused the young slytherin, but this wasn't what his mind was focusing on, more the tone she was taking with him, he glanced her up and done, he didn't think she was a pureblood, she definitely wasn't as good as him and yet, she had the disrespect to talk to him in such a manner. Because Rory of course didn't think that he was being at all rude to this girl in demanding the book from her, thinking that because of stature within wizarding society that she would just hand it over. The Gryffindor's he'd met so far had been few but each had been as stupid as the last, he knew that it was the house for brawn but he didn't think it would be quite so clear in those he met. Not even considering who she was retorting to, and saying that she wasn't going to hand it over, even though he was definitely going to need it more than her, "Ah'm Rory Fergusson, and this books fae me, ah need it mare than ye," the boy retorted with a tone that suggested that he thought the girl ridiculous but didn't think he was.

Of course he didn't think that she was his house elf, the boy kept his slight frowning, glare on her, looking occasionally to the book in her hand, his hand still out stretched so that all she had to do was place it in his hand and he might just be willing to forget about her mishaps towards him, "Ah know yer no an elf, cause a house elf would dae wit ah said," he told her pointedly, he was very much still expecting her to hand over the book to him, and he had no intention of telling her what the book was for, since he didn't need to explain it to her, or he shouldn't have to, "What dae ye care wit it's fae, I bet you cannae even read, so just gee it tae me, and ah'll let this all slide," he was trying to act threatening, but perhaps the only thing threatening about Rory was the harshness of his accent which he knew folk found difficult to understand, but that didn't mean he couldn't try, and he really wanted that book. Although really he could just get his sister to get a copy of it and send it to him, it seemed silly to do that when the book was right in front of him and he wouldn't have to wait for it.

Evelyn could not believe what she heared, this boy was a fool! Not ever - ever! had someone speak to her the way he did. And she almost could not hear what he was saying because he had a weird accent and it sounded stupid. Evelyn was so sure that after her harsh arguments the boy would listen to her, but this was new for her. Even a few times in her life Evelyn was insecure, she was insecure when he mother come over to her and had to scream at her how stupid she was. But now in this new situation, what did she had to do? She wanted to take time to think about what she was gonna say or do, but that was just not Evelyn. The blonde was blinded by anger and she was gonna tell this guy what she thought. That stupid Rory Fergusson! Evelyn rolled with her eyes when Rory was finished.
'' I don't care who you are, what is important is that I - Evelyn Manning don't like the way how you talk to me. So I suggest that you change your tone.'' In fact it was pretty funny because it was like Evelyn held a mirror in front of her. When she was younger and not yet on Hogwarts she was more exactly like Rory. And in some situations, for a fact one like this when she didn't got what she wanted she could fall back into her old pattern. Today and now the blonde Gryffindor was not gonna stand by and say nothing about this absolutely annoying guy from Slytherin. She was wondering if Espen had already speak with him and couldn't wait to nag about Rory. She put her free hand into her side and gave Rory her most arrogant look.

Rory knew that she was no elf, well that was a start this boy had eyes that worked amazing! But when Rory started speaking again and said that he bet she cannot even read, it was like a lion was waking up. ''WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME? The blonde could not believe what he said. And because of that she said it pretty loud she heard a silence noice but Evelyn really didn't care today. '' ''You need this book more than I do you say? Well maybe that is right maybe your just so very much dumber than I. You speak like that also, have you ever heard yourself? It is like really weird...'' Evelyn could not stand the way how he insulted her and than he could get it back, bring it on! What was this book even and what was it all about? Evelyn didn't even read the back and didn't saw the front yet of the book.

The boy narrowed his eyes at her and shook his head at her as she spoke, she had literally asked who he was and now she was talking as if she hadn't asked it. Rory didn't understand her, why her reaction was as such, and she had the audacity to tell him to change his tone, after the fact that she was speaking to him in such a manner, when he was clearly going to be better than her in more ways than one. The boy shook his head at her, "Ye literally ask me who I wis so ah telt ye, and I dinnae like how ye talk tae me," he retorted sharply when he was finally given a moment to speak, he didn't care who she was, he knew that she was lesser than him, and in his mind that was all that mattered, he didn't think that anyone would ever talk to him in such a manner, and this girl just was not relenting about it. He just wanted the book now, and he didn't want to wait around for her to finish and since he was better than her in almost every way it was her duty to hand it over to him. The boy didn't mimick how she was standing but instead just narrowed his gaze and allowed an expression of growing frustration and anger settle.

The words that he'd spoken to her clearly struck a nerve with the manner in which she reacted, he couldn't help but find himself smirking a little at her reaction, it felt good to annoy her perhaps now she would just hand over the book, but it appeared she would not, as the girl continued, picking at how he spoke, at which Rory rolled his eyes and let out a long exacerbated sigh of annoyance, "I'm fae Scotland, it's ma accent," he told her shortly, he was growing annoyed at the lack of understanding he face due to his accent, but it wasn't like he would ever change, or attempt to make himself more understandable, "Ah'm no dumb, but ye clearly are, nae insult other than picking apart how ah speak," he took a small step towards this girl, he intended to take it out of her hands if he needed to, "Now, gonnae just gee me the book," he repeated, he was really beginning to think that she would probably once more deny him the book and this would be dragged out further, "I know you say you dinnae care who ah was, but, ye should cause I can bet, I'm better than you, above you, so that means ah should get the book,"

That accent of Rory wasn't one that she heard before. It was from Scotland but it sounded really really weird. When the boy said that she asked about who he was and Evelyn knew he had a point. She was just so angry of what he was saying and that insults made her furious. But this was the very first person that had the guts to talk to her like that way. When she thought about it was very interesting and somewhat charming. She preferred boys who stood up for themself and were confident than shy and insecure ones. And when she looked at Rory again she noticed he was not that ugly. Evelyn just had a weakness for boys sometimes and the attention that she got felt amazing. She took a deep breath and looked with her charming face towards Rory.
'' You know Rory, you are right. I did ask and now I know. I'm glad that I know.'' The blonde was glad that she knew because now she knew who had the guts to talk to her like that way or when he would not stop with doing what he did, she would know who to see as her enemy.

The blonde nodded when he told her that he was from Scotland. '' I'm Danish, but I moved to New Zealand when I was three.'' Evelyn knew how to behave herself right now. he looked to the book in her hands and back to Rory. '' I'm certainly not dumb, people can say what they want but I know better. And we can keep compete about who is better, but better at what? And why do you think you are above me, I don't think about it that way.'' Evelyn her voice was far more normal than her anger that she got a while ago. She was just very impulsive when somebody would talk to her like she sometimes talked to others. The blonde sighted and walked over to Rory and handed over the book that she got into her hands. '' You can have it, not because you are better because I don't like reading at all. I prefer Fashion Magazines.'' Evelyn didn't felt bad about handing over the book she just wanted to show Rory that she didn't was a pet like some other students at this school that were afraid of every person that said something mean. Evelyn was used to be yelled at by her mother, so this was nothing.

It seemed to be a one-eighty turn that the girl did, one moment she was annoyed at him and then the next she seemed to have relaxed, and it was making him wondered why she'd even bothered with him in the first place, why she hadn't just handed the book to him when he had first asked for it rather than getting all annoyed and then giving it to him, he didn't understand why she was now glad to know who he was, he didn't really care who she was, he hadn't asked that of her, and yet she had introduced herself. His eyes narrowed to a glare as she explained that she was not originally from New Zealand, and again, he didn't why she was telling him this, for him explaining where he was from was natural because she had made light of his accent. It was very confusing for the young slytherin who'd only ever had a couple of friends in his life, he didn't entirely know why she was being like that, he felt odd about it, unsure what to say, because he was still annoyed, his anger had not left him, and the fact she even question him on why he was better indicated to him that she actually was perhaps still a little annoyed.

"Cause ah am," he told her, "Am'm just bet'er than you right? Get it?" he said in a harsh tone, it didn't need him to explain it, he knew he was whether it was because his was rich and well off, well respected or just because of his blood it didn't matter, he was better. His mother had forcibly taught him that, repeating and showing him over and over again that he was better than everyone else, that his status should provide with all he needs in life, if that meant by taking it or by asking, it shouldn't matter because he would get it in the end. So, he felt like his point had been proven when she wandered over and placed the book into his hands and he snatched it from her, holding it close to his chest, as if to ensure that she could now no longer take it back, it didn't his confusion, why had she fought so hard to begin with and then stopped, "Why'd you have it in the first place if you werenae interested in readin' it?"

Still a bit confused by the accent of this boy she listened when he spoke. He was not good with arguments because he didn't had any when he explained that he was better, but well Evelyn knew that, that wasn't the point. But perhaps this Snake was just so very childish so she gave up about asking why he thought he was better. Maybe he didn't had any reason? Evelyn knew she was far more prettier than he was, but than again she was a girl and he a boy so that wasn't a good comparison.
'' Whatever, this is lame.'' she responded eventually a bit bored. Why was Rory good looking but had no personality at all, he was confident and Evelyn liked that but he had nothing really to say and that was irritating her a bit.

Evelyn didn't really knew why she got the book she was just walking to the library because she had to make homework and walked through the bookshelves and found this book, that was the story. '' Well I just saw it, I was going to the library for some books for my homework, and than I saw this book. It looked nice, but you saw it earlier I guess, and well that's the story.'' This whole book thing was childish Evelyn thought, for a second she thought that Rory was a more grown up man, but when he started to nag about that book it was all false. Whatever Lucas was far more interesting than he was but Evelyn didn't knew many people from Slytherin and this was a chance to get to know somebody. '' So why did you want this book so bad?'' The blonde asked after throwing her hair to the back.

Rory definitely didn't understand her, this girl was as odd as they came to him, it just didn't make sense to him the way that she was acting towards him, he knew that explaining how he was better was a difficult thing without just blurting out that he was pureblood but in all his life he had never had to explain it, it had just always been taught to him, he had just always been better, him, his younger brother, his two older sisters, even though one wasn't even his full sister, and wasn't a pureblood like him or the rest of them. From what he had gathered about his father's last letter was that he had another sibling on the way, not that he was surprised, and they too would be taught that they were just better, "I dinnae care if it's lame, ye asked, ah jus' answered," the thickness of his accent seemed to grow as he spoke clearly frustrated by the way that this girl, Evelyn was being towards him. Rory didn't think he needed to give a response to it either, it wasn't necessary for him to do so, "Ma ma always telt me that I wis, cause ma family's got money, status and pureblood, so aye, I'm bet'er" the boy told her, feeling the explanation was unnecessary but if she insisted on being annoyed at his partial answers why not give her more.

As Rory continued to listen to her he couldn't help but feel a little bad about how he'd acted, sure the book was for him to take from her, but he couldn't help but feel a little bad for it, his entire expression seemed to soften, he seemed less tense and his grip on the book loosened a little. He was hardly surprised that the question was returned to him, "Ah jus' need it fae some hamework Flavio's daeing for me, I mean, if ye want it, ah can just get ma sister to get me a copy, I jus' didnae want tae wait," The boy told her honestly, since there was little point of lying to this girl, she was likely going to find fault in whatever he said anyway and Rory was rarely really dishonest. The young slytherin held the book slightly away from his body and seemed to half gesture with it, as if willing to return it to her but his grip remained rather firm on it, as if really hoping she didn't take it.

I'm sorry it is so late haha.
It was a bit odd conversation. Evelyn had respect for the attitude of Rory, she liked it when people were confident, because she herself was also. '' Right.'' she responded shortly at what Rory said. When Rory told her about what his ma ma.. Evelyn laughed a bit when he said it like that. But he was rich and a pureblood as he was saying. '' The only difference between what you say why you are better, is that you are a pure blood. My family got a lot of money, status and estate in Denmark so..'' Evelyn grew up in Denmark and almost her whole family lived there still. For her fathers work they needed to move to New Zealand but Evelyn started to like the weather especially in New Zealand. She was curious how Rory's family was become so rich. But perhaps she was gonna ask it later, she didn't had the intention now.

After their talk about who is better and that kinda stuff, Rory's tone seemed to change a bit. He seemed a bit nicer and she laughed about the fact that a Flavio person would do his homework. '' Flavio? He is doing you're homework? I first had that idea too, to let somebody do my homework. But that didn't work out well, I was afraid of getting caught. How do you manage that? Don't the professor notice anything?'' The fact that Rory did something against the rules was interesting for Evelyn. For some reason she hang out with people that were breaking rules, Lucas, Aaron and Zara all three loved adventures and they were a few times punished by Professors. But they were good friends of Evelyn. The blonde herself didn't liked to break rules, she wanted to be a good student, but also a populair one. '' And no thank you. It is really not necessary that copy. You can keep the book.'' The blonde smiled charming towards Rory. He wasn't so bad at all, he reminded her of her old self before she went to Hogwarts.

The boy listened to what she said, really he could respect that her family had a high status due to finacial standing, but it didn't change that between the two of them that meant that Rory was better, "Aye, so tha' means yer better than like most ae the students but no me, since ah'm pureblood that makes me bet'er than you," he explained to her in a tone that seemed to indicate that she should already know this, that because of her family's money and status in Denmark that she should understand her wider standing within the magical world. His half sister Bonnie didn't have the pureblood status, but her status with his family meant that she was better than most, but not all. Rory wasn't afraid that by telling her that he had someone else doing his homework that she'd then go and tell others, given that the girl definitely wanted to be and have a high status he didn't see her ratting him out, and more so just understanding that someone like Rory just wasn't supposed to do homework, homework just wasn't meant for home. He didn't like it and Flavio did, so that was a base reason enough without even considering that someone like Rory just wasn't supposed to be doing something as dull and pedestrian as homework.

The scottish boy held her gaze as she replied, "He likes daeing it, I dinnae, and he's a Ravenclaw, the professors are tae busy tae notice," he explained to her, really Rory wasn't afraid of getting caught, it was either done by Flavio or not done at all, it was no real skin off Rory's back, but as he finished speaking his gaze on her became a small glare, "But, dinnae go usin' Flavio fae yer homework, by all means be his pal, but he does ma homework no yers," The boy spoke quietly with a sharp tone clearly indicating that he would not enjoy any stories from Flavio that show the boy was doing more homework than he really needed to. What the slytherin was happy with at the very least was that the girl was allowing him to keep a hold of the book, which meant the homework would get done sooner, "Ta," he replied quietly his entire body once again softening becoming less defensive, "Ah gotta go, get this haemework done, I'll catch ye about Evelyn," Rory said to her with a little nod before just slightly pushing past her and walking to where he had left Flavio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back