Suggestions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can there be a Orphanages home set up? Maybe located in NZ? That way those who are orphanage or simply don't want to live at home anymore because of abuse, neglect, or any reason we can't stay at home ( was kidnapped after birth) childrens can go there? Possibly get adopted by a new family? Or stay there till they become of age? Just a suggestion.

Is there a thread somewhere here that shows the multiple accounts belonging to which person?

i.e.

Ceridwen Edwards (base account)
~Another character name
~Another character name

I noticed that there seems to be a baby and children boom in HNZ and I thought it would be fun of groups of them met. There has been talk about an all children thread but I would like to suggest something like a children's event. Something like a Carnaval for the Summer or Winter sultus where all the can go for rides, games and the meeting socializing with other Wizarding children.

Ceridwen Edwards: There is not presently such a thread, but you would be free to open one in the off topic forums if you so pleased, so long as you make it clear that not everybody has to list all their characters, and that it is by no means 'official'. :)

Epiphany Bones: That is a valid idea for roleplays, and if you would like to set something like that up just send in a plot approval form. I'm sure it'd go through. ;) We would likely prefer it be done and organized and everything all by members - which means no special forums would be set up by us as admin.

I've been really enjoying using the Unsorted forum, but since my character just got sorted, I can't do so anymore. I thought it would be really cool if we could have a forum that's like that - not set in any specific place - but so that all members could use it. If that's too hard, stupid, etc. maybe some more public places that are in the shopping centres but not shops, just places to hang out, would be a good idea.

Sia Riversend said:
If that's too hard, stupid, etc. maybe some more public places that are in the shopping centres but not shops, just places to hang out, would be a good idea.
Due to the fact that we have a forum for quite literally anything you could imagine, so long as your character remains on planet Earth, adding an undefined location forum would be random and detract from the organization of the present system.
That having been said, there are presently four forums that are shopping areas you can RP in but not specific shops. (Brightstone, Obsidian, Bleak Street, and Makutu are all regular forums as well, just with lots of shop subforums).
Then every continental/country subforum of All Around the Wizarding World is undefined as to location, less the fact that the country is restricted.

If your character wished to become something like a healer, for example, then could they not get lessons in healing from a school nurse or something?
At the moment, students wanting to be an animagus get lessons from the Transfiguration Professor so why couldn't they have lessons from someone else- a sort of extra 'boost' to help them in the future with their ideal job?
Something apprenticeship style.
Could something like this be considered a genuine qualification boost for certain jobs?
Eg: Newt marks for History of Magic - such and such. Apprenticed to Professor Jonathan Spenser for [insert IC 'years' here]
I think it sounds like a good idea and quite realistic, too.
Over all, I think it would be more up to certain Professors/members of Hogwarts staff to decide if they will take on certain students.
There are already apprenticeships for things such as the Daily Prophet so why not something else?

Thanks for taking your time to read this.
-Beth.

Hello

Couldn't be bothered to read through every suggestion, so I don't know if this has already been asked.

If your character's relationship is that they are broken up, could it be made so that that was one of the choices? 'Broken hearted' or 'Split up'

Just a suggestion :)

Claire

Larissa Sedgwick: That was already fully addressed in my post here. I have nothing more to add at this time. The expansion of the system that you're suggesting is an absurd amount of work to place on me at this time (as it would only be me doing the work involved). It's nice to have ideas, but when the amount of work for one person outweighs the overall benefits of the idea, then it can't be considered. The truth of the matter is, with such things all organization falls to admin and I'm the only one presently while Livvy sorts things out, which will be a little bit. Even when people 'volunteer' to maintain such programs, they often faulter and finding new people/taking over and just watching over the program always falls as admin responsibility. Presently, the idea being presented is not beneficial enough to be added to the list of things we handle on HNZ.

Keira Kendall-White: Currently, we have more relationship status options on HNZ than even Facebook does:
[ul][li]Married</LI>[li]Engaged[li]Seeing somebody[li]It's complicated[li]Widowed[li]Divorced[li]Single (Looking)[li]Single (Not Looking)[li]Too Young to Care[li]Interested in somebody<LI>[li]In an Open Relationship[/li][/ul]
With that being true, I think even "heart broken" or "split up" can fall in to one of those 11 categories. More doesn't seem to be something that is necessary.

So far the only sickness I've heard is Dragon-pox and what Marlana has (It has a name but Andy the one that diagnose Maddiie with it) Is there possible ways we can have a valid list? Sort of like a speciality you have to apply for? Cause not a lot of character have wizard sickness, which is very rare. (Its why I want to activate my friend old sn) I was just wondering if there should be a list of the wizaring condition? And if one wants their character to be diagnose with it, can they apply for it since most sickness are already rare?

i was thinking you could have a profile text called Patronus where you can type what your Patronus is.

Jacob Hollawarth: Generally that would fall under a plot request, if it's something that is quite major and/or not canon. Creating a whole new approval system for magical ailments would be a lot of work. As to a formal list, again, it's a fair amount of work. Not many people roleplay their characters with magical ailments, so I'm not worried about it right now. If it becomes something bigger in the future - we'll look in to it. ^_^

Dean Smith: I think this has been suggested before but, regardless, I will explain why we don't have that for you. :)
We tend to use Custom Profile Fields for either:[ol][li]Important information that should be easily accessible to other members when roleplaying with your character. (Examples: Blood Status, relationship status)</LI>
[li]Information that is generally applicable for all characters on the roleplaying site (Examples: Wand, relationship status)
or[li]Information that cannot be stored easily any other way (Example: Link to Gringotts Account, Character's Inventory)[/li][/ol]I do not believe that patronus falls under any of those categories as:[ol][li]The information is available in a character's biography, and generally the roleplayer of that character would mention summoning a patronus, and what form it took, then the other person in the RP could read that and respond accordingly... no profile field is needed. [li]Patronus is not applicable to most characters on the site. We know from the canon that most adult wizards/witches actually have trouble producing a successful shield charm, let alone a corporeal (body-formed) patronus charm. That takes a great deal of skill, and in truth most characters should not be able to do that. Next, most regularly characters on HNZ should be, and generally are, students. Most students will not be able to cast the patronus charm.
and finally<LI>[li]This information is easily stored in a biography or character development topic which, if linked to in a user's signature (as most are these days), is easily accessible and easily stored. :) [/li][/ol]

Jonathan Hollawarth said:
Nick would it be to much to bring the Quibbler on this forums? Or will it be to much?
Unfortunately, as the Daily Prophet isn't as active as it could be (though I am appreciative of the member, and sometimes members, who take the time to make periodical prophets), I would like to see that become more successful before we talk about another "publication" of sorts. :) I'm not closed to the idea, I'd just like to see what we have become better before we expand.

I had an idea that there could be another forum room/place. What about the prefects bathroom? Another place to rp in i mean. Or the girls bathroom with moaning murtle or something?

We recently added a new roleplaying forum (the student lounge in the sixth floor corridor), and it's done alright but is still largely unused.
The school itself has 96 forums that you can roleplay in at present (again, this is just the school, no Brightstone - no holiday forums at all - that is counting only one house, not all four, and discounting all forums you cannot see such as the Prefects common room, teacher's lounge and the Headpeople's lounge). I see no reason for extras when ones we already have are not necessarily used all they can be.
At present, you do not need a "Girl's Bathroom" forum to roleplay in the fifth floor corridor and say that your character is in a bathroom which is on that corridor. Same goes for empty classrooms etc.
I have had ideas for new forums tonnes and wanted to implement them, but if they go unused, or existing forums are not used, there is no need for new forums.
Finally: Moaning Mrytle would not exist in HNZ.

Hurro!

I had a couple of ideas.

1) May be too much work just for something that would be cute rather than practical, but could the name of PMs be changed to Owls? So instead of "You have a new PM" we can say "You have an owl message" or whatever.

2) Would help me organise my PM (owl) box. Can we have a delete button? Archiving just isn't enough for me.

Thanks! I love you and everything you do for the site.
Emmapants.

1) May be too much work just for something that would be cute rather than practical, but could the name of PMs be changed to Owls? So instead of "You have a new PM" we can say "You have an owl message" or whatever.
That is something I have seen done and I have considered in the past. However, it is extra coding that really isn't necessary at all. Also, it may confuse newer members as to in character vs. out of character areas of the site.
Would help me organise my PM (owl) box. Can we have a delete button? Archiving just isn't enough for me.
While I don't see the need for the deletion of PMs (unless there is personal information in them that you do not wish to risk being seen), this is already a feature of ZetaBoards. You can only delete PMs, however, after you archive them. This is so "accidental" deletion of personal messages becomes very unlikely. There is a delete button for your PMs in the archive folder.

You can always place a graphics request for one and see if anybody would fill it for you. :)
Otherwise, this is something I can suggest to MESSI.

On our profiles, where it says 'Average posts per day,' Is it possible to have a title underneath it saying 'Posts today?'

Just wondered :)

Not really possible, nor is it very practical. =)

This is a question and suggestion.

1. First, is there a template for the character development section?
2. And in the biography section, I was wondering if you can add more question to it? Like adding everyone prediction of their character future? Like what kind of career they want to proceed in life? Wither its being something in the wizaring world or muggel world

1) http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7195263/
2) The outline provided is not all that can be added - they are examples. Making the examples even more elaborate than they are at present wouldn't serve much of a purpose. If people want to add more to their biographies, they're always free to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back