OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Just post any ideas you have for the site here and we'll look them over, share our thoughts on them, ask you for more information and perhaps implement them. :)
This is just as much your site as anybody else's, so have your say!

[The other thread was getting fairly long, and after I reviewed some of the posts to double check things had been at the very least discussed at the Admin level I hid the topic. ]

I was thinking, there are some members on here who choose their characters to be squibs, but there is no option on the preferences section to change your blood status to that? Is it a blood status or just a disability?

It's not a blood status as blood status has to do with lineage, not magical ability. ^_^

Wow Nick, you gave me another idea!

What about a little thing where you can put magical abilities (e.g. Metamorphmagus, Half Veela, Occlumentist etc.)? Or would that be to complicated? It would be where your blood status is :p

I think that that is a good idea, but I would be inclined to be against a drop down menu, if that is what you meant. There are only a few [if that] of each ability on the site, so something like that would be trivial, also new members might see it and not realise that they actually have to apply for these. Also, there is a small possibility that someone may have more than one.

Seeing how many people it affects, I would probably say its easier to just put it in your member title, like below your avatar.

^_^

Hey :)

Well the celeb face claim thread is rather messy and it's hard to see if the celeb you want to use is taken, so I thought it would be easier if we had it like a copy and paste list, then everytime someone wanted to claim a celeb they would just copy the list in the last post and post it with theres on at the end, it would be alot easier to see who was taken as you could just go straight to the last page (i) or else you could have someone be a mod of the thread, and then when someone posts there claim, the mod of the thread would add there claim into the very first post and delete the persons post. That way there would be only one post, it would be really neat and tidy, plus easy to see if your desired celeb is already taken :) just an idea!

Hi Laurie :)

I'm not sure but I think it used to be like that, and it became very messed. But Estrella updates the list as often as she can, so I wouldn't worry about it getting messed.

Also, it doesn't matter if two people use the same celeb, as I'm sure you've seen there is quite a few Selena Gomezs lurking around the site, so unless it is you personal preference to not use the same celeb, it's OK.

I'm not sure if there already is something like this, but anyhow I will suggest it. I was wondering we should have a place where you can find all the threads you have made maybe on your Bio thing (not the one we write personally), I think this will be a lot easier for students/staff/other to find all the role plays they have created so they can get back to them easier and quicker.

Alright, I know that a lot of your posts have been replied to by other members but with the updated notice regarding this thread I'll be addressing each suggestion now. :)

Professor Aurora Merrythought: I could make an Admin-Edit only profile field for something like that, but it could create more confusion for new members (I'd get many PMs asking me why they couldn't save what they input there) and then I'd have to update them all.
It may be something that is implemented in time, but for now it won't be.
Laurie Jennings: The current way the "face claiming" [if by such a name it can even be called] has come after much trial and error. We began with the way you suggested, but it failed for numerous reasons so the way we have it now is the best possible way for our site.
As character/face claiming isn't necessary, nor is it a rule to have a unique celebrity avatar it isn't a major concern on the site.
Professor Aurora Merrythought: You can go to any member's profile page, hover over "Profile Options" and then choose "Member Topics" or something to that effect to see that listing already. :D

How about a beauty competition and call it 'Miss Hogwart's' :cool:

Hiya, alright it's probably a very silly suggestion but I notice that on the status list, we have single looking, single not looking and too young to care, etc. But in RL you may not be looking and that is exactly when 'love' finds you so could we also have maybe something like, 'Let the fates decide' or just 'single' without the looking or not looking on to it.
Told you it was silly :p

I have another suggestion:

In 'Unsorted Roleplaying' you should have like a subforums for different parts for the different stages and such so you would have a subforums called:

- Homes
- The New Zealand Express

This would keep it more organized :)

Alright people..... the time is almost apon us. My name is Michael and I live near Sydney Australia. I love hnz, even if I don't get nearly enough time on it. But theres something I love more then this site. Its the earth we live on... Im talking about Earth Hour. For one hour people turn off their lights and even sometimes their appliances to give our earth a break. I suggest... Implore that you, nick. Shut down HNZ and everyone shut down their computer for earth hour, which is On Saturday 28 March from 8:30 till 9:30pm if you didn't know. Im not sure how popular earth hour is around the world but I really really would appreciate it if Hnz participated in giving the earth a break....for just one hour

Everybody is reminded not to reply to suggestions in this thread, that should be left to Admin.
Warnings will be given out if this pattern continues.

Andro: Single (Not Looking) doesn't necessarily mean they're expressly trying not to date, it just means that they're not out and about looking for somebody to date.
Aurora: I don't know, maybe, I'll discuss it with Cecily. The problem becomes sorting out the mass of RPs already there.
Sern: "Earth Hour 2009 is 8:30–9:30 March 28 2009."
As everybody is in a different time zone each person would have to do this at a different hour, and I won't shut off HNZ for the whole day. So this won't be happening.

Okay I dont normally speak out, to the group at large but I am feeling a little open today so let see how this goes... I was wondering if we could have like a dueling tournament for adults or maybe even a dueling club for adults. It would be much like how the school has a club but this would allow adult to be able to compete with each other in a friendlier atmosphere.

I think we should have another Invent-A-Spell Contest! I liked the last one!

Brian: Invent-a-Spell should be started in the next week or so, actually, the person who started it last time requested to run another one quite a while ago.
Raziel: That would take a tonne of time and organization. It's a possibility, but not one for the near future. I'll keep it in mind, though, for when things are less hectic. Alrighty? :D

If there's an invent the spell contest can we have it at the school this time?
I think it'd be a great incentive for the students who actually attend class. There can be a big 'spell off' at the end of the year or something. :D

Andromeda Fiorelli said:
If there's an invent the spell contest can we have it at the school this time?
I think it'd be a great incentive for the students who actually attend class. There can be a big 'spell off' at the end of the year or something. :D
No, as most of the students shouldn't be able to invent a spell. :blink:
And the ones who can shouldn't be so skilled at it as to be able to seriously enter a contest like that. :lol:
So, though it would be fun, it's just not realistic at all.

Nick: :D Okay

The invent a spell contest, was not as successful last time it was held by the committee on experimental charms but that was becuase there was no real interest in it , they had a few entry but overall it was not as big. I am glad that alot more people are interested in it now :D .

A comment on it though and especially on spells in general, how would the contest actual work. Last time we needed approval by bothe the Minister of Magic and the admin team, but since most adult charcters use non verbal spells do what ever they need, would they be used for student more than adults.

I hope I am making sense? =-/

In exams for the practical subjects (DADA, Transfiguration, charms) I think you should hide to 'what spells can you use' thing topic, because I just figured out that you can cheat in an exam, by looking at that topic and seeing all the spells. Just a thought. :r:

Raziel: The contest has been set up through a discussion between myself and Ben Goulding, it'll work how it has been announced that it will. :p

Also, not all adult characters should be able to do just anything "non-verbally", so it'll balance out if an incantation is made and stuff. :)

Sebastien: We don't even have a proper list of active students as it takes plenty of work to try to keep such things up to date.
Just look for Ministry members then look at their last login on their profiles.

Aurora: As this is an internet forum any measures we take to prevent "cheating" won't matter because google is always available to people.

I was wondering if there could be a sub-forum of some kind to move our finished lessons instead of them getting deleted.
It's just that I know that some if not all the lessons, though having some connection with other rp's like a continuation of a story, there are also some cracking good class rp's that seem such a shame to simply delete.

Have I worded this right?

I've actually considered adding something like that in the past, but figure out the proper permission masks to attach to it etc. etc. might be a problem.
Also, often Professors prefer students not to have their lessons readily availible during exams.
It's still very much a possibility, as I don't like that lessons (and some amazing RPs) just get dumped regularly. I know I don't delete DADA lessons anymore, I move them all into the trash can forum. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back