Styx Manor

The sixteen year old girl grinned slyly as the old man paced before her, her expression reflecting amusement at his remark. "Me? Calm down?" her smirk broadening, Estrella continued, "Why, I believe that I am calm." Her tone held a slight coating of venom as she said this, adding, "And I do not think Kalif is bad at all. Is there reason for me to think otherwise?" Honestly, she was quite intimidated by Kalif and now this man, but she wasn't about to let that on.

"Or is it that he's of mixed blood heritage? Not that that makes any difference to me, of course." Her lips curled up in satisfaction, hoping that she had stricken a nerve. She knew that Jaken did not have complete pure blood heritage. The smile slipped off her face as she stared at his back, knowing that she was probably toeing the line. She found it quite hard to act the courteous guest when she knew she had been insulted. It didn't matter how subtle the man's insult was, it was still there. The Ravenclaw girl hated to start off with anyone on such cold terms but she figured she couldn't just take anything back just yet. In fact, she was positive that she didn't regret anything that had slid so shamelessly off of her tongue.

Asparuh muttered under his breath, "Ignorant girl." Asparuh thought that this girl would have seen the bad side of Kalif by now, if she was staying here for the break. Asparuh's hands clinched into fists, as she did in fact, struck a nerve. He wished that Kalif wasn't a mixed, and it was Tsvetanka's fault. He turned to face Estrella, hate in his eyes. He hissed, "Don't you ever mention Kalif's blood." Asparuh let his arms fall to his side, something he usually did before he pulled out his wand and curse, or kill, someone. Asparuh debated on what to do with the little witch. Kalif had some nerve to bring a girl like this into his home. Although, Asparuh's calmed down, slightly. This was Valcan's granddaughter. Did he want to start something between them? Asparuh's irritation told him not to care...however, he made no move to attack the girl. One more word, though, and he was going to let her have it.

Jaken emerged from the shower, with pants on only. He had his black shirt in head, when he could have sworn that he heard another man's voice downstairs, with Estrella's. Jaken panicked, thinking it was some stranger or another Death Eater. Jaken ran down the hall, and down the stairs, and paused in the living room, looking straight at Asparuh's enraged face, and Estrella. Jaken rushed to Estrella's side, completely forgetting that he still had his shirt in hand. Jaken stood between Estrella and Asparuh, as if he was protecting her from him, not that he could do much good. Jaken inquired, "Are you okay, Estrella?"

Kalif walked into the living room, his face calm. However, what he saw did not please him. Kalif raised his voice, coldly, "Father! I demand that you stop this ludicrous behavior this instant. Miss Drage is a guest, and I won't tolerate this any more." Kalif walked over so he was next to Asparuh, and whispered in Bulgarian, "Don't make me use that one threat that I said when you threatened Namina." Kalif smirked slightly. He knew that Asparuh only listened to a few people, and Kalif was one of them. "Come, now, Father, we have things to talk about. You aren't here to threaten my guest."

Kalif gazed went to Jaken, and he gave him an odd look, being down here without a shirt. Kalif ordered, his voice lowered, "Jaken, get a shirt on!" Kalif rolled his eyes, and waited for Asparuh to proceed to the hallway, and into Kalif's office. Kalif stared at the couple, and back to Asparuh.

Estrella could only surpress a smirk as she glared back at the man, finding it incredibly difficult not to taunt him further. It was obvious that she had gotten to him with the blood comment, even though it seemed a petty thing to do. If she were to carry on she might as well have stooped down to his level. She opened her mouth to retort. However, before another bit of sarcasm could roll off of her tongue her boyfriend came to the rescue. Shirtless, nonetheless, and she would have had more time to enjoy that fact if she wasn't so occupied with being on her guard. Asparuh had seemed to hesitate from doing something, she didn't know what but wasn't sure she wanted to.

"Oh, I'm more than fine," she replied calmly, a cockiness that usually never took over her exhibited in her features. It was her father's attitude that stood out, not knowing that the man might recognize it. She looked more like her father than she took herself to. The Ravenclaw girl didn't expect the exchange of words from Kalif as he entered the room. She gained a newfound respect for the man, no matter how creepy he was. Smiling triumphantly, she grinned back at Asparuh, having no idea how dangerous the man really was. What he was, in fact.

She snickered a bit as Kalif hollered at his son to put a shirt on, her eyes reflecting just for a second a bit of protest. Her eyes reflecting the tiniest hint of amusement, she stated, "Well, it was such a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Zhefarovich." Tristan's grin broke out on her face as she said this, wondering if she was pushing things just a bit. She wasn't exactly being what you could call a conventional guest at the moment.

Asparuh glared at the girl, now behind Jaken. He saw Tristan's features, and that automatically wanted him to attack her more. Tristan left the Death Eaters, or so Asparuh was under the impression. Asparuh glanced over, and saw Kalif. Asparuh immediately calmed down, after Kalif's intrusion. He heard Kalif's threat, and sighed. He retorted in Bulgarian, "But you do know about her lineage, right." Asparuh shook his head, knowing that Kalif would no longer have him in the living room with the Drage girl. He turned his back on them, and headed toward the private study. He simply ignored Estrella's statement to him, as he walked out of their sight.

Kalif glared at Asparuh as he walked off, only nodding at his question, or statement. Kalif approached the couple, his head held up high. Kalif folded his arms across his chest, before gazing on to Estrella, making sure that she wasn't hurt. Apparently, he had come in just in time. Even if Jaken was here, it wouldn't matter. Kalif knew what Asparuh loved to use when he was upset, and that was Sectumsempra. Asparuh used it on Chavdar, and well, needless to say that was where his long scar came from. Kalif murmured, "While my Father is here, be sure to not get in his way. That goes for you as well, Estrella. Go upstairs and do homework or something while I talk to him."

With that, Kalif turned his back on the couple, and Kalif stopped, "Jaken, you better have that shirt on the next time I see you." Kalif followed down the hallway where Asparuh went.

Jaken cocked his eyebrow up in curiosity to what threat his father used against Asparuh who apparently threatened his mother. Jaken heard Kalif's order, and quickly put on his shirt, concealing his built body. Jaken could only smile when both Kalif and Asparuh left. Jaken turned to face Estrella, and smiled, "Well, glad to see that you are all in one piece. Are you sure that you are okay? And, I guess you know where my father gets his temper from." He frowned slightly. Jaken and Asparuh sure did not get along well. And that was for obvious reasons. Jaken did not have the coldness like he used to, or rather, did not use it.

Estrella frowned a bit as Asparuh seemed to be burning a hole in her forehead with his glare, but when she reached to her face she found that her skin was still intact. Her eyes narrowed as they followed him out of the room. Hopefully, she would not have to deal with his sort again. She could definitely go the entire rest of the Holiday without seeing Jaken's grandfather again. The sixteen year old couldn't help but wonder how the man had known her family, but then again they might have been acquainted at Durmstrang.

She nodded to Kalif, figuring that she would take heed of what he had said. From the tension in the room she assumed that she had not handled her mouth very well, but then what did she care? At least Kalif and Jaken were on her side. She gave him a slight smile before he turned out of the room, feeling quite glad that both men had left. Needless to say, considering it was after term had ended she had no classwork to do. The Ravenclaw girl thought it quite funny, considering Kalif was a professor at the school and should know that.

A broad grin breaking out on her face, she started, "Well, there is this sharp pain coursing through my chest." Her face twisting in mock horror, she fell to the ground, taking care not to hurt herself as she fell. Hopefully, Jaken would have heard the sarcasm in her voice. She lay motionless and held her breath, wondering all the while why everyone kept worrying whether she was intact or not.

Jaken had heard the sarcasm in her voice, or else he would have freaked out to another level. He let out a fake gasp, and did what all his family were talented for. Acting. Jaken muttered, "Oh god, no...what will I do?" He bent down and let his hand run over her forehead. Jaken couldn't help but smirk a little. Jaken whispered, "Well, I can try something that might bring her back to life." Jaken then softly, and gently, placed his lips upon hers, kissing her for just a moment, before pulling away.

Jaken knew that it was just a little tease, even for him. Jaken sat down in the floor, and smiled, "Well, is the Sleeping Beauty awake yet?" He hoped that she would know what Sleeping Beauty was. He only knew about the kiss waking up the woman in a deep sleep. Other than that, he was clueless.

For a moment Estrella thought that Jaken was actually freaking out, and she suddenly wondered if she was being mean. Oh hell, she was going to go through with it anyway. Her body was as limp as a fish as she playacted. She was definitely not expecting the kiss he planted on her lips. With an air of surprise her eyes snapped open, and she sat up, stretching as if she had been asleep. She yawned exasperatedly, her mouth twisting in amusement. Raising an eyebrow, she laughed, "You're lucky one of them didn't see that." By 'them' she of course meant Kalif and Asparuh. She knew well enough that the move probably would have thrown Jaken's father into a snit and she got quite the feeling that his grandfather wasn't a fan of her either. The sixteen year old girl sniggered, crossing one leg over the other and grinning back at her boyfriend. "I seriously thought I had you for a moment there! That was mean, huh?" Considering Jaken hadn't fallen for it, she didn't feel too bad.

Jaken laughed, "Wow, it worked!" He rested one of his arms on his legs, while using the other to prop himself up. He gave her a rebellious look and smirked, "I am seventeen. And besides, I think dad is softening up a little bit. Maybe the whole 'transformation' is finally hitting him in the head." Jaken wondered why Kalif was being nicer than usual. Well, it might be the whole professor act, and the only way he would be able to tell was by summer when it was just him and Kalif, perhaps family. Jaken heard Estrella's next statement and nodded, agreeing, "Indeed it was. However, it was your sarcasm that did not throw me into a panic attack. Besides," Jaken winked at her, "I got you back."

Estrella grinned mischievously, leaning closer to Jaken. "Well then, if you are feeling so rebellious-" She brought her lips to his, kissing him enthusiastically before pulling away, "Then I won't be afraid to do that." Her face flushing a bit, she bit her lip, smirking back at him daringly. "And about your dad- I've noticed he's been a lot friendlier than usual." Thank Merlin for that, she thought to herself. It would have been bad if she were on more horrible terms with Kalif and she was stuck here for the rest of the break. She had even grown a newfound respect for Kalif, none of which she had had before. "I haven't been accused of seducing anyone this whole break," she chortled, "So that's a plus." Sticking her tongue out at Jaken, she said, "Well, next time I'll know not to give it away."

Jaken smiled, and once she kissed him, he returned the favor easily. Jaken pulled away also, and chuckled quietly, "Ah, now that is great, not being afraid." Jaken couldn't help but be slightly worried over his father's sudden behavior. What was it? Jaken dismissed the thoughts as quickly as they had came. Jaken laughed, "That would have been slightly bad if you did, the seducer being in the same house as the victim." Jaken smirked, and shook his head, "No, you have to give it away. Or else I would really be panicking." Jaken would have seriously went crazy if he did not know that Estrella was faking it. With the family he had, or rather, with Asparuh around, there was no telling who would be hurt next.

The Ravenclaw girl smirked back at her boyfriend. "Seriously though, I don't know why you guys were so worried about me being intact. I'm not fragile, you know." Her smirk morphed into a frown as she wondered why there was so much hype anyway. Poking him in the side, she said, "I'm still here, aren't I?"

Her eyes glinting mischieviously, she joked, "Maybe next time I won't be sarcastic." It would have been funny if he had seriously fallen for it, although that may have been a little more than unkind of her.

Jaken bit his lip, and sighed, "Some stories are better left untold. Asparuh is one of them." Jaken smiled weakly. Jaken poked her in the side gently as a counter attack, "Surprisingly, yes you are. I would have died if dad took his father's side." He was actually glad that they did not get along for the most part. They just tolerated each other.

Jaken narrowed his eyes at her, challenging her, "Well, now I know how to get you too. One, you are ticklish, and two, I could always kiss you again as well." He smirked and laughed.

A few days later...gathered in the family room.

Kalif narrowed his eyes at the man in front of him, which was Asparuh. It had been a few days since Asparuh and Estrella 'talked'. However, things should have calmed down, since Asparuh was told to not say a word to Estrella concerning her blood, and amazingly, he obeyed. Kalif stood in the family room, with Asparuh at his side. Everything remained silent, whereas Kalif knew that it wouldn't be if it wasn't for he being in the same room. Kalif whispered in Bulgarian, "Behave yourself, understand? Perhaps you should take lessons from me."

Kalif turned his gaze to the couple, as he saw that the middle of the break was here. Nothing has gone wrong, yet. But then again, there has always something went on during any time with the family. This time, Asparuh revealed that Prodan was back with his family. It didn't bother Kalif any.

Asparuh kept his cold gaze on his son, Kalif. He wanted so much to just go things his own way, for he was the Head of the Zhefarovich family. He practically owned the place. However, Kalif proved himself to be just as strong and lethal as Asparuh, but only Kalif thinks before he does anything, whereas Asparuh often doesn't care who sees. Asparuh narrowed his eyes, and folded his arms. He muttered, speaking English, "You would think it was the opposite way around, Kalif." Asparuh rolled his eyes. Asparuh thought harshly, If only he did not bring up that threat, then I would have my way around here, and send that half-blood back to her home. Asparuh shook his head, and stared at Kalif once more.

Jaken was seated on the couch, with his black shirt and jeans on. He stared at Asparuh, amazed at how calm he was, but his eyes worried Jaken. Jaken bit his lip, trying not to laugh when Kalif muttered what he did in Bulgarian, and Asparuh's response. Wow, it really is backward. Jaken fought all he could on not to laugh. Although, it almost failed him, since he had to cover it with a cough. Jaken crossed his legs, in the manly way, of course, and rested his hands on his lap.

Estrella had taken more than her sweet time today getting ready. After drying her hair she decided that she wanted it out of her face, so she pulled it into a thick ponytail. She frowned as she noticed how frizzy and unruly it was getting. Soon, she would have to get a haircut. Hopefully, she could stop in Obsidian or something and get a quick trim. The sixteen year old girl had settled for a sweater in this freezing weather. She took a while to do her makeup, and when she finally met Jaken downstairs she was sure that well near an hour had passed. Nodding at Asparuh and Kalif politely, she took a seat next to Jaken. "Sorry for taking so long," she murmured with a grin, "I couldn't decide how to do my hair." She snickered a bit when she realized how girly she sounded, but she didn't particularly care, considering she was a girl, after all.

Kalif stared at Asparuh and rolled his eyes. Kalif nodded at Estrella once she came to join them. Kalif had his wand out and by his side. This was naturally uncommon for Kalif, but common when Asparuh was around, or in the same room. Kalif shook his head, and muttered, "Father, it is hard for it to be the other way around when you are acting younger than I." Kalif faintly smiled at Jaken, knowing full well that he was enjoying this all. It wasn't everyday when you saw a Death Eater and his son bicker like him and Asparuh were doing now.

Chavdar walked through the front door of the Styx Manor, in hope of surprising Estrella and Jaken with a visit. Chavdar was completely oblivious that Asparuh was with the family as well. He walked through the living room, half expecting them to be there, but alas, he heard Kalif's voice in the family room. Chavdar entered the room, his gaze immediately lightening when he saw Jaken and his girlfriend on the couch. However, he glanced to the two men, one being Kalif, and the other... Chavdar's eyes narrowed, and his face twisted with rage and hatred.

Chavdar's voice raised beyond normal when he said, "Father! At last, I get to pay you back for what you did to her! And how dare you hunt down Nataliia like she was some kind of animal!" He decided to not have his wand out, not just yet. Chavdar turned to stare at Kalif, "How could you bring a Death Eater like dad into your home with two teenagers? Then again, I find it strange that you can keep this animal under control."

Asparuh shot a look at Kalif, but his eyes went down to Kalif's wand, before turning away. Asparuh glanced at Drage, before giving her the slightest of nods. Asparuh heard Chavdar, couldn't help but put a wicked smile upon his lips. Chavdar had just revealed to Drage that they, as in him and Kalif, were Death Eaters. He didn't care, however. Her grandfather was one, and sooner or later, she would have found out about them, either soon or in the future years from now. Asparuh had made a truce to Rosaline, and is currently trying to lure Nataliia against Chavdar. Asparuh turned around, and smirked, "I put a scar on the witch, big deal. I would have thought you would be here for that nasty one on yourself." Asparuh ignored his comment about Kalif keeping him under control. It was only half true.

Jaken saw Kalif's faint smile, and smiled in return. He greeted Estrella, "Took you long enough, you are your girlish ways." He smirked, showing that he was kidding. Jaken's smile was wiped off his face, when he saw Chavdar enter, almost yelling at Asparuh. To Jaken's horror, Chavdar revealed his family for what they really were. Jaken stood up, and gave Chavdar a frantic look. But what was said was said, and now, Jaken had no idea how to react. Jaken glanced down at Estrella, waiting for her reaction to what Chavdar had said. But with the anger in Chavdar's voice, Jaken knew that this wouldn't be a good day.

Estrella stuck her tongue out at Jaken, feeling a bit out of the loop considering that Asparuh and Kalif were both chatting away in Bulgarian. Jaken could understand it, she was sure. However, she couldn't. Sometimes, she forgot that her boyfriend even had an accent. She sat in silence, wondering if they were going to do anything today. The sixteen year old had been having fun so far. That wasn't really a surprise, considering this was such a large house and there seemed to be endless things to do. She was pretty sure that she had set the grand piano out of tune, and she had apologized over and over for not asking to use it. Granted, she had played pretty badly, and did little more than poking at the keys, but it had been so long since she had even seen a piano, she just had to touch it.

Currently, she was obsessing over examining her hands. The cold weather had left them dry and chapped, and she sure wouldn't mind a bottle of lotion right now. Her attention was pulled away from her cracked skin and to the door, seeing Chavdar there. She hadn't minded the man, considering he was the most friendly of Jaken's relatives, but it seemed that something was up. This time, the way he carried himself was not friendly at all, not even cordial. At least, it wasn't anymore.

Trying to make herself as small as possible, she listened to the exchange before her without breathing a word. However, a slight gasp managed to escape her lips as Chavdar mentioned Death Eaters. Asparuh? Kalif? She couldn't bring herself to look at Jaken, although even if she had wanted to, she couldn't have. Her mind was brimming full with questions and threatening to overflow. All of a sudden, she didn't feel so good anymore. She clutched at her knees, hoping that she had just heard things wrong. Your mind's just playing tricks on you, she chastised herself, trying not to think about what she had just heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back