Styx Manor

Professor Kalif Styx

transfig 5-7 † patriarch

OOC First Name
Ghost
Kalif walked up to a house, the Styx Manor, with his son and his girlfriend behind him. Kalif pulled out his wand, and muttered the unlocking spell, and the door opened. Kalif entered, still silent as can be. He stopped in front of the stairs, and glanced around, making sure everything is in shape, which it was. There wasn't a speck of dust anywhere. Kalif half expected Vasilka to be sitting on the couch, however, she wasn't. Kalif approached a wall, with a bulletin board that would reveal messages sent. Vasilka had wrote one to say that she went over to Chavdar's, who was suppose to arrive soon.

Kalif shook his head, and turned to the teenagers, "Vasilka won't be here, like she said that she would. Jaken, help Miss Drage take her things upstairs to the Guest room with the purple bedding." Kalif strolled over into the living room, and entered a few hallways, out of sight to his private office. As soon as Jaken and Estrella get down unpacking and such, he would go back into the living room, or take them into the family room. Whichever would suit him.

Jaken gave a warm smile to Estrella, while following his father. Kalif had already transported their things into the home. He held the door open for Estrella, before gazing about the house, half hoping to see his mother around. When Kalif told them that Vasilka wouldn't be here, then Jaken let out a sigh of relief. Vasilka and Kalif weren't on the best terms, but she would have been icy to Estrella, more than likely. After receiving Kalif's orders, Jaken gave a smile to his girlfriend, "Seems like you have the best guest room in the house, Miss Drage. May I?" He held out his hand to carry her things, to show her the way.

Even though she had spent a considerable amount of her summers at the Herrogard, she couldn't help thinking, Nice shack! upon reaching Styx Manor. While she was normally a chatterbox she couldn't help clamming up. Her boyfriend's father intimidated her more than a little bit, and she wasn't too fond of him, either. She had quite the feeling that the dislike was mutual. She hoped that the rest of Jaken's family members would be more like Namina and less like Kalif.

Estrella noticed how Kalif didn't directly address her, but decided to shrug it off. A broad smile lighting up her face, she replied, "Certainly!" She handed Jaken her backpack of space, since she hadn't wanted to lug her trunk all the way here. It was a lot heavier than it look. Looking about the place, still in awe even though she had the Herrogard, she added, "Where to, Mr. Styx?"

Jaken took her bag, and put it over his shoulder. He glanced at where Kalif had gone to. Jaken shook his head, "Don't mind dad. He is just nervous having someone other than family in the house." Jaken laughed, and motioned upstairs, "This way." He began to walk up the staircase, which was a bit taller than a normal one. He made sure Estrella did not lag behind, before turning right down a hallway. Jaken had to open a few doors, only to shut them, seeing that they aren't the purple Guest room. He finally came across it, and smiled, once he opened the door. It was quite large. Jaken set her bag on the bed, and chuckled, noticing how far it was between her room and his own. "So, how do you like it?"

Estrella could only give Jaken a smirk as he mentioned his father. She thought of words other than nervous, but for the sake of keeping peace and not offending her boyfriend on the first day she was at his place, she kept her mouth clammed shut. Quite glad for the burden off of her back she followed Jaken up the stairs, appreciating the view from behind. She had no trouble keeping up, and soon, she had made her way to the rather large guest room. "Nice!" she exclaimed, wondering how big the rest of the rooms in the house were. "And I like the color!" Winking at Jaken, she turned, placing her backside on the bed and flopping down on it. "And comfortable- I believe I'm going to enjoy my stay here, Mr. Styx." With a sly grin, she asked, "Will I be getting the grand tour any time soon?"

Jaken could only smile and blush slightly when she said that she was going to enjoy her stay here. Jaken walked over and stood a few feet in front of her. "Glad you do. I would have offered the blue guest room, but dad automatically refused. Maybe because it was just a few doors from my room." Jaken couldn't help but laugh at that. Jaken shrugged, "Um, once I learn my way around here. There are so many rooms and passageways, I actually got lost in here last summer." He glanced at the ground, in embarrassment. There were so many rooms, it was ridiculous. He only knew where he needed to go. "But I can do my best."

Kalif silently walked down the hallway, and stood in the doorway of the purple guest room. He had his arms folded across his chest, and did not smile at the couple. His eyes locked on Estrella for a moment, before gazing over to Jaken. "The Grand Tour will have to wait, I'm afraid. Miss Drage," he paused, staring over at her, looking a bit more friendly than cold, "Jaken has been wanting you to meet his uncle, Chavdar Zhefarovich. He has been talking about it since he had met himself. Chavdar will arrive within a few minutes. I would prefer you two to come downstairs and into the family room rather than having me search all over for you." Kalif gave a bit of a smirk, knowing that he embarrassed Jaken slightly. Kalif then exited the doorway and walked downstairs, to wait for them in the family room.

Estrella had situated her head on one of the pillows, sprawling out. She grinned back at her boyfriend, shaking her head a bit. "Tis a shame. If only you haven't proven yourself such a troublemaker." With a smirk, she added, "And I'm afraid I'm going to be lost in here myself!" It was almost as bad at the Herrogard, but she wasn't even familiar with this place. She jumped a bit as she heard a voice that was definitely not Jaken's. The sixteen year old girl listened to Kalif, not entirely pleased with the interruption. Shrugging it off as she knew she would have to, she swung her legs over the side of the bed, knowing that she had been in a somewhat compromising position.

Grinning at her boyfriend, she said, "Sooooo- I'm taking it we should go downstairs?" She didn't want to put herself any more under Kalif's radar, especially considering she was taking his Herbology class next term.

Jaken smirked, "Hey, I am not that much of a troublemaker. Besides, I thought blue would suit a Ravenclaw. However, the room was smaller." Jaken shrugged, and then jumped when he heard his father's voice. Jaken felt surprised that Kalif didn't yell, nor sound so cold. However, Jaken blushed because what Kalif said was right. Once Kalif was gone, and downstairs, Jaken gave Estrella a smile, "Yes. He does have a point. And Chavdar is nothing like Kalif. You'll see in a few moments why I want you to meet him." He walked to the doorway. "The Family Room is a place where the family gathers. Strange he didn't choose the living room." Jaken waited for her to follow him back downstairs.

Kalif folded his arms across his chest, and took a seat in the black suede armchair. With Asparuh being back in town, and Chavdar coming over to visit, Kalif could only hope that neither would come in the same day. That would be hazardous. Kalif stared ahead, not particularity focusing on anything. He simply did not like the fact that Jaken's girlfriend would be staying for a while. However, since she was going to be in his class, he might as well be civil to her. They were just teenagers after all. Kalif sighed silently, and wondered if Chavdar would apparate in this room, or use the front door.

Estrella smirked, stepping off of the bed and punching her boyfriend playfully in the shoulder. "Yes, you are," she taunted, sticking her tongue out at him. Moving out of his reach, she grinned at him. She was eager to meet the rest of his family- and hopefully they weren't as, how could she put it- sophisticated as his father. Running a hand through her hair, she followed him. "Well, I'll be glad to meet him then." She waited to be led downstairs, her expression quite jovial. Hopefully this break would be better than last.

Jaken rubbed his shoulder as if it hurt, before smirking at her, as if saying You have to try harder than that. Jaken smiled, and began to walk back in the direction of which they came, and down the stairs, before waiting to make sure that he did not lose her. "Chavdar is quite...nice. He works at the Ministry and owns his own shop. He is what you would call a busy person." Although it was nice of him to come by today, taking time out of his schedule, he thought. Jaken showed the way through the living room, down a hallway, and finally entering the family room, which proved to be smaller than the living room. Jaken's eyes watched his father, in the armchair. "Estrella, take a seat anywhere." He motioned toward the couch, and love seat. Jaken went and sat down on the couch.

Estrella held her tongue as she listened to Jaken. She desperately wanted to say, Someone related to your father, nice? But for the sake of being cordial she did not. With a grin she followed him down the stairs, her hand trailing along the railing. With a grin, she followed him into the family room, although she would have taken it for a living room any day. She gave a polite nod towards Kalif, deciding to be bold and take her seat on the love seat. Would Jaken follow suit? She could only give him a small smile, putting her hands in her lap and feeling a bit awkward.

Kalif glanced up once he saw Jaken and Estrella walk in. Kalif watched them take their seats, and waited just a moment. Kalif leaned back, and placed his hands on the arms on the chair. He stared at the both of them, before saying, "Honestly, Chavdar has another ten minutes before he arrives here. He has to close down his shop first. I wanted to have my say about this visit." Kalif glanced at the floor, before at the couple. "First of all, Miss Drage, congratulations for making Head Girl." Kalif glanced back over at Jaken, "Someone has to keep you in line, if Namina isn't here, and I am busy with my own duties." He smirked slightly. "Now, the arrangements have been taken care of. Of course, I won't be leaving you two alone."

Kalif continued, "This is for obvious reasons. I am sure that Mr. Drage will appreciate it as well." Kalif folded his arms over his chest. "If you have any questions, I suggest you ask them now, before Chavdar arrives. I still have other things to do besides sit here and watch you two talk or make sure that you don't get lost."

Jaken listened to his father's words, before giving him a look and pointed out, with a smile, "Hey, I'm not that much of a troublemaker anymore. I think I would have done something last year before you decided to teach at the school." Jaken shrugged, and glanced over at Estrella before saying, "I guess that is understandable." Jaken did not know why Kalif set those rules. It wasn't like anything was going to happen. That would be quite insane to do certain things with a Death Eater in the house. Well, she doesn't know that. Jaken waited for their response.

Estrella tried her best to look sophisticated, holding her head high. Soon, though, she was falling into her regular slouch, deciding to lean against the back of the love seat. She listened to what Kalif had to say. Well, what are you implying? she thought to herself, attempting to surpress a snort. The sixteen year old girl covered it up with a cough and hoped avidly that it sounded convincing. Giving the man a small smile, she nodded as she slowly, slowly gathered her composure. She felt that she was going to burst out laughing. "That sounds all and well," she replied softly, "And thank you. I'm sure my, er, father, would appreciate that too." She knew that her father would be livid if he knew that she was spending her Christmas break at yet another boyfriend's place, but what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him. She had no idea, of course, if Kalif knew who her father was. She was pretty sure that the Mr. Drage he was referring to was her grandfather.

Kalif just returned Jaken's look without much of a smile. He laughed softly, "I suppose you are right. Since you are seventeen, I ought to be trusting you a bit more. I am actually relieved that you aren't stirring up trouble in the school." Kalif turned his attention to Estrella, and when she coughed, he glanced down, to make sure that he did not give her any looks. Kalif shrugged when she mentioned that her father would appreciate it. Kalif did not know much of Tristan, only that he ran off. Kalif said simply, "Well, if that is everything, then as soon as Chavdar arrives, then I'll go take care of a few things." Kalif glanced toward the hallway, as he heard the front door open. Shaking his head, Kalif stood up, and muttered, "Speak of the Ministry Official." Kalif turned and walked out of the family room, and disappearing from the couple's sight.

Jaken immediately knew that Kalif was in one of his better moods, even before he heard what Kalif said. Jaken turned his head, hearing the door open and close. He smiled and said, "Chavdar is here." Jaken watched Kalif leave them alone, which wouldn't have happened last year. Jaken stood up and migrated to sit beside Estrella. He whispered, "You will definitely see an age difference between my dad and his half-brother." Jaken did not want to mention that Chavdar was a pureblood. It wasn't important really, unless Chavdar made a remark on muggleborns.

Estrella grinned broadly as she looked back to Jaken, quite relieved that his father had left the room. Deciding to be daring and giving him a peck on the cheek, she whispered, "Well, that was definitely more pleasant than our first meeting." Her ears perking up, she listened as the front door was opened. "Oh, really?" she asked, wondering if the family's good looks were harbored in Jaken's uncle instead. She was still trying to figure out how Kalif and Namina could have produced such a good looking kid as Jaken, but then again the topic was not really good for debate. She leaned into him, just a bit, as she waited for the two to return.

Chavdar made his way down the hallway. He had passed his brother along the way, Kalif pointing him to the family room, before vanishing somewhere in the house. Chavdar simply shrugged, "You would think he would at least say hi first." Rolling his eyes, he walked into the family room. Chavdar put on a friendly smile, wearing his black tee shirt, showing that his body was built almost exactly like Jaken's. Chavdar greeted, "Well, hello Jaken, and Miss Drage." Chavdar stared down at the couple, before taking a seat on the couch. "So, this is the girl you have been wanting me to meet over the last six months? Well, now, I am impressed to say the least." Chavdar laughed softly.

Jaken used his hand that was closest to Estrella to hold her hand for a moment. He glanced up to see Chavdar in the room already, smiling at the two. Jaken watched him take a seat on the couch, and Jaken answered,"Yes, this is Estrella." Jaken couldn't help but blush slightly when Chavdar mentioned that he was impressed. It was quite easy to tell that Chavdar and Jaken were related. They looked alike, had the same body build, and had the same smile. Jaken introduced Chavdar properly to his girlfriend, "Estrella, this is my uncle, Chavdar. Chavdar, meet my girlfriend Estrella."

Estrella took Jaken's hand, giving it a tight squeeze before pulling away, looking to the man who had just entered the room. Impressed? She was not sure what to make of that but took it as a compliment anyways. She immediately decided she was going to like this Chavdar, as Jaken had told her she would. And, although she knew she would always keep this to herself, he didn't look too bad, either. Too bad Kalif hadn't gotten his brother's good looks! With a smile, she replied, her smile much warmer than it was before, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Chavdar." She extended a hand, hoping that this was an appropriate gesture. She wasn't familiar with Bulgarian customs and decided to stick with the ones she knew, most of which were American. "Jaken has been saying that he wanted us to meet for some time." The Ravenclaw girl hoped that she wasn't sounding too mechanical, although it was hard not to do around here. How else was she supposed to act under Kalif's watchful gaze?

Chavdar smiled, "Pleasure is mine." He shook her head, seeing that it was appropriate. He pulled his hand away, and nodded, "He had. Although he didn't tell me a thing on how you looked. You are a beautiful young lady." Chavdar sat back and smirked slightly, "Kalif is a real stuck up one, isn't he? But what could someone expect with a past like his?" Chavdar glanced about, although not caring whether Kalif was in earshot or not. Then again, did Jaken's girlfriend even know about Kalif's little secret? Chavdar's gaze went to Jaken, as he pondered on that question.

Jaken couldn't help but laugh when Chavdar insulted his father about being stuck up. Brothers.. he thought. Jaken gave Chavdar a look when he mentioned Kalif's past. Surely, Chavdar wouldn't openly say what Kalif was. That might be bad, for all of them. Kalif might not look like the type that would fight, but when things like that were threatened, then he would perform his threats. Jaken shrugged, "Dad probably went to his office, so I doubt that he can hear you, Chavdar." Jaken shook his head.

Estrella could not help her face flushing a deep red as Chavdar called her beautiful, feeling as if she were going to die of embarrassment. "Why, thank you." She wanted to comment that he was rather good looking as well but then decided it would be too awkward. The Ravenclaw girl could only smile as Chavdar spoke of Kalif- what if he was in earshot? He was going to be the one determining her Herbology grade after all, and she knew that she couldn't land the job that she wanted if she managed anything lower than an EE in her NEWT. She frowned a bit as Chavdar mentioned Kalif's past, but figured she wasn't going to ask. The less she knew the better, right? Sometimes, it was better to just grin and bear things. Not wanting to seem like a prude and avoid all conversation, though, she asked, "Are you from Bulgaria too?" She felt quite flattered, although she didn't want to make it too obvious that she was about to swoon. The sixteen year old was sitting right next to her boyfriend, for Merlin's sake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back