Stressing out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katherine Porter

OOC First Name
Brandi
Wand
Straight 10 1/2 Inch Unyielding Ebony Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Hey everyone! Sorry to anyone I have a RP open with right now. I haven't really been online a lot lately.

Basically, I have a ton of stressful things going on right now and just cannot bring myself to write. I have read responses over and over and just sit there staring at the blank screen. :(

Work is being super stressful because we are understaffed and being severely over worked. And on top of this, my grandpa is not faring well.

So I likely won't be on too much until he is sorted out, though if I happen to have a good day every now and again I may pop back on and put up a response or two.

Sorry everyone!

Hope to see you all soon!
-Brandi
:hug:
Didn't know if anyone really wanted details about my grandpa, but here they are for anyone who does.

So he is having some spinal issues. He has been having issues for several months with his spine, and had a surgery about 3 months ago to fix one issue. But he has been falling a lot and can barely move around on his own now. He has had to use a cane and it's only for really short distances. For a time he couldn't even go to the bathroom by himself he was so bad, and the medication was messing with his head. To the point that he doesn't remember anything from the last 3 months since the surgery.

That's better now but he is still having more issues with his spine and on Friday the Doctor told him that if he doesn't have surgery to put rods in to support his spine he will be paralyzed from the waist down within six months. But there is a chance that the surgery may not even work, he could still end up paralyzed. That is if he even makes it through the surgery. He is 79 years old and does not respond well to anesthesia and there is a chance he may not make it as well...

The Doctor said he wants him to have the surgery as soon as possible, but he is on vacation this week. His scheduling department called the other day and told him the soonest he could get in is November 22. We are hoping that maybe once he comes back, the Doctor might call and squeeze him in sooner. But no guarantees. At this point it's a very scary waiting game. And I just can't concentrate fully on anything else most days.

:console: Take care of yourself and your family. Sorry to hear your grandpa isn't doing too well, but hopefully things come through as they should. We'll be here when you're ready to return. :)

Oh no D= I'm so sorry to hear that about your granddad. Don't worry about the threads, real life comes first and HNZ will be right here whenever you're ready. :hug:

Sorry that this is all happening at once for you! I wish you the best and hope that everything works out with your Grandpa :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back