Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Unyielding Wenge Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Agnes has thought she was safe, when a voice shook the life out of her from behind. The Slytherin turned to see Elsie over her shoulder, the one person she hadn’t wanted to bump into. “I don’t.. have a nest..” she was too taken aback by the fact she’d not seen her for months to know what the proper response was, and she defensively crossed her arms over her chest. “No I’m not joining in this year. Much too busy.” Busy. Was that really the best thing she could come up with? Agnes’ heart was pounding for more than one reason as she stood feeling particularly exposed. She knew Elsie would probably keep pushing for an answer until she was satisfied with it. But not here. “I’m going to the kitchens, you know, snacks for homework,” she turned once again in the corridor to start walking towards her destination but not before she’d looked the brunette up and down. She remembered last year they’d attended Halloween together and just thinking back to how close she’d come to being caught out then too sent shivers down her spine. “Coming?” Agnes kept her head slow as she walked. If Elsie wanted more than just to taunt her for her abcence, they were going to have to move out the way of every single other protein in the school.

Elsie could tell Agnes didn't quite get the joke, and then she considered whether or not they were even able to joke with each other, since maybe they didn't have that kind of relationship. She pursed her lips slightly as she looked at Agnes, almost willing her to explain what was happening. Because Elsie sure didn't have a clue. She was sure that Agnes felt the same about her, but it was like staring into the inky blackness sometimes with her and not really knowing what was going on in her head. Not that she could ever know what was going on with her probably. "Busy...?" She wasn't sure what Agnes was busy with, because it couldn't have been her OWLs as she was only a fourth year, though they would certainly be gearing up to do them. She couldn't half tell if Agnes actually wanted to talk to her or not, it certainly seemed like she didn't. Elsie went to turn away then when she said she was going for snacks, the kitchens weren't particularly where she wanted to be tonight, preferring to head to her common room instead, only as she went to leave, Agnes seemed to be inviting her to follow. She frowned slightly, but couldn't really find a reason not to go along and simply fell into step beside the girl. She just wished Agnes would tell her what she'd done wrong, because she hadn't even said how she felt and it was like Agnes had just leaped off the cliff without her. It was very confusing. "Oh, alright, yeah," she followed along behind the younger girl. Not entirely sure where they were headed, neither physically, or emotionally.​

Agnes had actually thought Elsie would stay behind considering the feast was still on going. Didn’t she want to hang out with her sister or someone instead? Still, as she realised she was definitely being followed down the corridor, she glanced over her shoulder, short brown hair bouncing as she moved. Surely if Agnes had been misreading all the signals, Elsie wouldn’t be following her right now? There was only one way to tell. The fourth year suddenly took a detour away from the kitchen, instead moving down a different corridor towards one of the maintenance cupboards. She pulled it open and pushed her way inside, clambering a little way in over and rolling her eyes at herself when she realised Elsie might have taken that as a hint she was hiding from her again. “Get in here!” She called out in a whisper. It wasn’t exactly what she’d ever pictured happening in her head, but with her arms recrossed over her chest she didn’t exactly have a lot of choice. She wasn’t going to risk the prying other ears and eyes of other students.

Elsie had no idea what was going on. Honestly, she was mainly following Agnes because she'd missed her friend and she wanted to know what was up, what she might have done so she could fix it. She was so sure that Agnes felt the same way about her, yet she had offered no sort of inclination that she'd understood. She had thought the rose might have been something of a clue, but apparently not enough of one. She was momentarily stumped when Agnes seemed to disappear, only to call out to her in a sharp whisper (She hadn't been paying attention to her, assuming they were headed for the Kitchens where she'd indicated) and so Elsie frowned slightly and looked around, wondering why Agnes might have been trying to lure her into a cupboard. It wasn't the most exciting of places and she couldn't really understand why they were headed to the kitchens, but with her Ravenclaw curiosity getting the best of her a little, Elsie shrugged and shoved her hands into the secret pockets she'd sown into the dress to help it stay where she wanted it. Well, that was what she told anyone who asked. Mostly it was there when she was nervous or confused, both of which she seemed to be facing now. "Ag... what's wrong. We've sort of been avoiding each other it seems like and I don't even know why." Elsie said, looking at Agnes as the door to the cupboard closed behind her.​

Agnes waited until the door was firmly closed before saying anything. “I haven’t been avoiding you,” she said it almost too quickly and with too much awareness of herself for it to even sound remotely believable. She looked up at the older girl, wondering if she was going to comment on any more of her weird behaviour or whether she was just waiting to hear what Agnes had to say for herself. “You’re a girl..” she stated, still whispering. Wow, good start. “You send roses to everyone, don’t you?” Tyler had led Agnes to think that maybe it was just a way for other girls to show their close friendship with one another, and Agnes had spent months agonising over whether it would have been better or worse for Elsie to admit exactly why she’d sent her one in the first place. “You know, I’m just, checking,” her eyes darting between Elsie’s face and things in the room as though it wasn’t taking all of her strength to even be there in the room with her. She was sure that if Elsie listened hard enough she could literally hear the adrenaline as it rushed through her body. She knew it was going to be obvious it had been on her mind.

Elsie frowned. She wasn't sure why Agnes seemed to be acting all weird, standing in a cupboard almost using it as a shield to everything happening outside of it. Elsie wished she had the skills of a legilimens. She was certain it would be a lot easier to see what was on her young friends mind, since she didn't seem to be too forthcoming with that information on her own. "Last I checked, yeah," she really wasn't sure what this was about, but she had to assume it had something to do with last year, since that had been when they'd mostly stopped talking to each other. They'd been together all the time before that. "To everyone? No," well, she sent them to Rowan and Zennon and she'd even been kind enough to send one to Chrys, but not to anyone else. Why would Agnes think that? "I sent a rose each to my siblings... and Chrys but mostly because he would have whinged if I didn't... I only sent the pink one to you though," was that what this was about? Did she think Elsie had been sending roses to the whole school? "You... you get that I like... like you, right?" Was she being too rash? Should she be giving Agnes more time? She'd had a lot of time though, surely it had been enough?​

Agnes did her best to ignore Elsies sarcasm, listening intently as she spoke. Hearing that she had actually sent a few roses out, but only one of which had been pink, Agnes’ face flushed in panic. Had she really managed to keep herself in denial for so long, believing so heavily that Elsie wouldn’t have done so just to spare herself of any complications? The Slytherin swallowed nervously when the Ravenclaw admitted it once and for all and it was like all the space in the cupboard was closing in on her. She stretch her body a little, trying to disguise the sigh of nerves that left her, “Okay, well, Tyler said that most girls send out pink to their friends right, and.. I believe it. I mean why wouldn’t you that makes sense,” she began taking very quickly, unable to look Elsie in the eyes. “So, that made us friends right which is fine. I mean it is fine but it’s also like, harder you know. And I’ve just been so busy working at the hospital and that’s why I haven’t even had a chance to say anything. Anyway, it’s not like I can like you too. I mean, I would, but I can’t.” She peered up to her, not even bothering now to hide the fact she was scared from her features. “But I like you. Like that. Too.” Her voice had been nothing but a whisper the whole time but suddenly she was very implicitly aware that Elsie was standing incredibly close to her.

oops

Elsie hadn’t really been sure if she was going to be able to explain anything to Agnes, she wasn’t sure how she could make what she’d said any clearer, though it seemed she didn’t have to after Agnes finished talking about how busy she was. There was something that Agnes wasn’t saying, she wasn’t sure why they were in a cupboard, but something in Agnes’ demeanour and the fact they were in this cupboard at all told her there was more to this. Because if she liked her the same way, surely that was that then? It only took this kind of confession for people to be together didn’t it? Admittedly, this was new ground for Elsie, but she wanted to be with Agnes, and yet there was something telling her this was more complicated than just their feelings. “If... you like me too, why did you stay away? Did I do something?” She asked, trying not to crowd her space. She wanted answers, she really liked Agnes and she wanted to be able to say cute things to her and be cuddly, but she couldn’t tell if Agnes wanted to too or not.​

Agnes wasn’t sure what reaction she was going to get from Elsie if she told her she liked her to, but supposed she was going to need to explain herself too. A smile broke out on her face but it wasn’t one of joy. It was one of how her situation was ridiculous and it was paining her to be in this position all while everything she wanted was right in front of her. “No, no you didn’t do anything wrong at all,” she paused, looking at the Ravenclaw with a concerned expression, “I can’t. I can’t, do that. If my family ever found out...” she didn’t know exactly what would happen, but for the Norgaards their families were strict and traditional, and she actually feared her own mother considerably enough that she couldn’t risk anyone actually finding out. Before she could stop herself, one hand has found its way to Elsie’s hair, running through the dark strands before cupping her jaw, “I can’t do that to you,” Elsie was too good for that. For her. It would be so much easier to stay in denial. Her eyes were glossy and she’d thought keeping away from Elsie would have been enough for both of them to draw apart.

:glare:

Elsie looked at Agnes, stunned beyond comprehension. If she hadn't done anything, then what was the problem? Her family? Elsie was confused, she didn't understand how the family would factor in at all, it made no sense to her that they should be included in this at all really. What they had was theirs, no one elses, why should family matter? "Your family?" She'd never really known a lot of prejudice in her life, which she was beginning to realise she was lucky for, considering Agnes looked like she might actually fall into a hole and be swallowed up if this got out, or worse. "They can't touch me," she said, firmly, stepping closer to Agnes, determined to make her see. She was finally getting somewhere with the person she liked, she wasn't about to let that go because people refused to live in the twenty first century. "I've a big family Agnes, yours can't hurt me, nothing will come between us if you let me help you, I promise." She wanted Agnes to be able to feel safe, if that meant she had to move Agnes into her house, then so be it. "It's not your choice, it's mine and my choice... is you."

No, her family couldn’t touch Elsie, not if Agnes kept her quiet. The fourth year felt the chills over her body when the girl told her she was the one she wanted. Even after all this time, all the months of hiding and keeping away, Elsie was still looking at her like she was the only person in the school. If only Elsie knew what she was getting herself into. Surely she did have some sort of choice in the matter, at least she could choose to protect her. “Elsie..” Agnes was looking from one eye to the other, words on the tip of her tongue, but the Slytherin couldn’t get them out. “Okay look.. I cannot take you seriously in this costume right now..” she let her hand drop from her face. She knew getting the opportunity to speak to Elsie privately was rare and even being here now she felt like anyone could just barge in at any time, but the fourth year took a step back, the Halloween costume Elsie was wearing didn’t exactly make it easy for Agnes to say what she wanted to properly. The brunette sighed, hoping she didn’t think she was just trying to buy her time.

Elsie stared at Agnes in slight annoyance, before she caught herself and burst out laughing. She did look a little bit ridiculous in these clothes to be honest and now she wished she had something else to wear since it looked like she wasn't going to get that kiss she wanted, she would have to wait it seemed. "Dang, I thought you were going to kiss me then, but you've ruined it now," she said, smiling and reaching out to cup Agnes' cheek. "No matter, we can take it as slow or as fast as you want. However you want. I don't care, I just want you." She said, instead pulling Agnes into a hug. She had missed her desperately and now to know that the younger girl felt the same, it was so liberating. "I missed you, I'm so glad we talked."

It was a good job it was dark in the cupboard otherwise Elsie would have seen how bright her cheeks were turning when she mentioned kissing. The Slytherin smiled though, realising the moment really had passed but maybe that was for the best. Maybe it was enough for now that they were talking again. She was pulled into a hug and for a brief moment was caught off guard, but hearing Elsie’s words was reassuring and she gradually relaxed, her own arms wrapping round her “I’ve missed you too,” she said quietly, hoping that the Ravenclaw would still know that they couldn’t be seen like this around the school. The idea though that Elsie still wanted to be with her, made the fourth year squeeze her tightly. She really didn’t deserve someone like Elsie.

Elsie just held Agnes tighter, almost imploring her to understand that she would do whatever she had to to make sure Agnes was happy. "I'll never hurt you, Agnes, I promise," she said, whispering it into the other girls ear. Whatever she needed to do to make Agnes feel safe, she would do and if that meant they could only be together like this, in a cupboard, then so be it. "I really, really like you Agnes, I'm not going to leave you just because this is all I can have of you." She said, stepping away slightly and moving her hands down Agnes' arms to her hands. "I want all of you, yes, but, I will take what you can give me, because I care so much about you and I would never force you to do anything you're not comfortable with," she said, nodding and looking her in the eyes, even if she couldn't take her seriously, she could surely hear the earnestness in her voice to understand. "You mean so much to me and you have for ages. I'm sorry I pushed you away when I should have been helping you understand."

It was hard for Agnes to hear that Elsie would never hurt her; the Slytherin didn’t think she would, but it wouldn’t be her that got between them if news got out. It was strange for the fourth year to hear that she meant a lot to the Ravenclaw, still not quite believing it after it was Agnes that had spent so long away from them. She couldn’t help the smile that was in her face, unsure of what to say next. “It’s, it’s not your fault. I was the one that pushed you away,” she said, looking away from Elsie, not knowing how to deal with the fact that she still wanted to be with her even if she couldn’t make things as public as most people did. Agnes did want to be with Elsie too, but that didn’t stop her being scared. It felt wrong that Agnes even had to ask her to keep something like this a secret. The fourth year took a dee breath, knowing she was wanted to make use of the time they had in here before they were caught out, “You mean a lot to me too, I.. I haven’t really been able to stop thinking about you. I think I’ve always known deep down that I’ve liked you since we’ve met, and that scared me. I’m sorry” She squeezed Elsie’s hands in her own, looking to meet her gaze, “What happens now? What do we say to other people?” She asked, not really sure of how this worked.

Elsie wanted nothing more than to reassure Agnes, but, she didn't really know how to do that. She really liked her, and she wanted her to understand that she would do anything for her, but she was clearly afraid of the consequences of being outed and it hurt Elsie. To know that in this day and age there were still people that didn't understand. Elsie shook her head at Agnes, gripping her hands tighter. "Don't worry, we don't have to say anything to anyone. If someone asks me what you are to me, I'll tell them that you're my best friend, because it's not a lie. You mean the world to me and, if you don't want to risk something bad happening," she said, shaking her head. "Then I will keep the secret for you. No one ever has to know what we really are. I won't even tell Rowan if you don't want me to." It would suck to keep a secret from Rowan, especially given how she'd behaved last year regarding Zennon, but this was different. Clearly Agnes feared for her life and Elsie's too, if word got out. This as different than last year. "I don't ever want to hurt you, so, I'm going to do whatever I can to make sure you're always okay." She said, nodding.​

Agnes couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face when Elsie said that she wouldn't even tell Rowan if that's what it took. She certainly didn't want to put the Ravenclaw in that position, knowing how close she was with her twin sister, but just the notion that she would even do that for her was overwhelming. She would no longer have to avoid Elsie at all, and maybe they would be safe if they were found together, after all best friends probably spent a lot of time with one another anyway. The fourth year nodded, her chest aching as she was stood in a position that she never thought was ever going to be a reality. Hearing the girl say these things that Agnes had only ever dreamed about, never let herself believe would ever be possible, caused her eyes to prickle. She had to continuously blink and glance from one part of the brunette in front of her to another to get her emotions under control, but as Elsie admitted that she would do whatever she could to make sure that Agnes was okay, the Slytherin had never felt so confident of her own decision. Costume or no costume, Agnes no longer cared. The fourth year quickly closed the gap between them, pressing her lips lightly against the Ravenclaw's for a few seconds as she made the most of her first kiss, knowing that whatever did become of their relationship, and least they'd have one another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back