Selling banquet tickets

Lily had seen the information posted about the Valentine's dance and realized she was expected to go. She headed down to the Great Hall and looked for the booth so she could get her solo ticket. Wonderful. I get to go alone and watch all the happy little couples dancing. Great. she thought sarcastically. She saw Kaela running out as she was walking in. "I wonder what that is all about." she muttered to herself.
She finally brought herself to the booth and took out her galleons. "Hey. I will take one please."

Kaela walked back into the hall, her eyes looking a bit red and puffy. She no longer looked sad, but instead angry. "OK, whoever has a ticket please leave. The table is getting way too overcrowded." She shot an angry look at everyone around to let them know that they better leave now. She sat down and picked her quill up, ready to write. "Now, who needs a ticket?"

Estrella strolled over to Kaela's booth, looking at her for a moment before deciding that it was rude to stare. Obviously, something had gone wrong with Kaela, and she had a horrible feeling that it had something to do with Ford.

"I'll take two tickets, please," she said, keeping her voice at a calm level.

Sam turned to the girl who had told them to leave if they already had a ticket.Walking over to her booth Sam said,"I'll take one ticket please."

"One at a time," Kaela said a bit harshly to the first year boy. She then turned to Esrtrella and sighed. "8 galleons. And who is your date?"

"Kale Thomas," Estrella replied, handing over the eight Galleons. She smirked as Kaela yelled at the first year; new students could always be so susceptible to messing up. However, she was not happy with Kaela's distress, and could only avert her eyes, trying to irritate Kaela as little as possible.

Courtney stood beside where Kaela and Kiera were sitting and blinked. She was not expecting the ticket selling to be this chaotic. Wow. She grabbed a bottle of water, and took a drink before sinking into the chair that sat between where Kaela and Kiera were seated.

Kaela wrote Estrella and Kale's names down on two tickets and handed them to Estrella. She then wrote Estrella and Kale's names on his list and put Estrella's galleons into the moneybox. "You're all set," she said with a smile to Estrella. Estrella didn't bother her. The smile disappeared as she turned to the first year. "Now, how can I help you?"

Estrella smiled back at Kaela, and figuring that she had better let Kaela do her job, she said, "See yah later," and made her way out of the Great Hall, tickets in hand.

"I need one ticket please." Sam told the older girl. He figured she was in a bad mood so he would try his best to get this over with as soon as possible.

"That'll be 5 galleons. And what is your name?" Kaela had her quill above the ticket, ready to write the boy's name.

Hilary noticed that Kaela was having a slight freak out but turned to leave not wanting to cause any more stress. She saw Lily standing there and whispered as she went by "Are you okay? I'll be in the trophy room if you need me, always time for more inspiration."

Lily looked at Hilary. "Yeah. I'm fine." she said back quietly. She moved to stand behind the boy buying a ticket from Kaela and waited her turn patiently. She had watched as she had returned, not quite sure what was going on. Kaela seemed off from her normal self, and Lily hoped that it was nothing too horrible since she liked Kaela.

Kaela wrote the boy's name on a ticket and on her parchment. She then handed him his ticket and took his galleons, dropping them into the moneybox. "Next please."

"Hey Courtney," Lily replied taking the ticket from her. "Sorry, didn't see you there." She smiled, hoping not to have offended her.

Zoe walked into the Great Hall, and saw Kaela there, selling tickets with some of the other girls from the Sorority there. She got out 5 galleons from her pocket, and walked up to Kaela, Lily and Courtney, and said, "Hey girls, I'd like to buy my ticket for the dance," She then put her hand with the galleons out in front of her.

Bruin was walking along the Ground Floor to take a quick peak at the House Points, making a note that Gryffindor trailed Slytherin by over 600 points for second place. He knew that Ravenclaw had put too much distance between the houses for them to be caught, but Bruin held out a little hope that they would be able to reel in the snakes. As he turned toward the Great Hall he noticed a booth set up and recalled having seen a flyer advertising some Sorority function.

Bruin's thoughts drifted to the Brotherhood, a dream retreat that he had built that now lay in shambles, like some of the friendships that Bruin had established over the past two and a half years. The Sorority was thriving and holding their first major function and Bruin wondered whether or not he should attend. He knew that as a Prefect, he likely should and wandered over to the booth.

"Good afternoon ladies, any room at your party for one more?", he asked, trying to sound enthusiastic, but barely accomplishing his goal.

"It's okay Lily. There's so much hustle and bustle around here, I don't blame you for not noticing everyone."

Courtney looked up at Bruin, and flashed him a rather large grin. "Of course we have room for you!"

"Alright then, sign me up...", Bruin replied as he placed five galleons on the table. "So, what should I wear? Any suggestions as to what you might like to see me in?"

Lily smiled at Courtney. "I see that. This looks like it is gonna be the place to be on Valentines." She then noticed that her old captian Bruin was there as well. "Hey Bruin. You going to the dance too?" she asked, knowing that the question was kinda lame.

"Aw crap, it's a dance???", Bruin replied, sounding shocked as he turned to Lily. "I was just going for the food!!!"

Bruin smiled widely, feeling a little more like himself. "Yes Lily, I here that all of the cool people are going to be there. How are things with you anyway?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back