Selling banquet tickets

Lily laughed at Bruin's response. "The food, huh? Yeah, that is probably about all I am gonna do. Life has been pretty crappy lately. How've you been?"

"Sounds like you and I should start up a support group." Bruin replied semi-seriously. "Anyways, I'm sorry to be rude, but I've got to run. I promise that we'll catch up at the, umm, dance, alright?", Bruin said apologetically as he hustled off to work at Gladrags.

Kaela had been sitting at the table, taking everyone's galleons and listening in silence. For some reason she always lost her words around Bruin, so she just sat and listened to the conversation, glad to see that so many people were coming.

When Bruin left, Kaela was saddened a bit, but it would be impossible to notice as Kaela had already been in a crappy mood.

Courtney watched Bruin rush away before she could even answer his question. Oh well, at least the tickets are selling.

"Hey, no problem Bruin. See you later." Lily replied. Putting her ticket in her pocket, she turned back to Courtney and Kaela behind the counter of the booth. "See you all later." She turned and walked off, heading up to her dorm to do some homework.

Kat walked up to the table where her friends were selling tickets to the Valentine's dance. She hadn't talked to Makato in a quite a few days and was thinking that maybe she should just buy one ticket for herself and if he wanted to come then he could buy his own ticket. "Hey guys! I'll be purchasing one ticket please!" she said with a bright smile.

Kaela sighed and looked up at the bubbly girl asking for a ticket. She looked familiar, but Kaela couldn't place her name.

"I'm sorry, what's your name?" she asked, looking tired.

Kat looked at the girl who had just addressed her and said, "Oh i'm sorry, how rude of me. I'm Katalina or Kat as everyone else calls me. You look really familiar to me. Do you work at Weasley's? I think you sold me a pygmy puff for my sister."

[color=cc66ff]Lemina had gotten lost in the hustle and bustle of everyone rushing to buy tickets. Once it had quietened down she went and stood in the queue patiently behind Kat.[/color]

"That's right," Kaela said with a smile, recognizing the girl. "What's your last name Katalina?" Kaela had written Katalina's first name on the ticket and the parchment, but now needed a last name.

"Vanderhol," said Kat with a bright smile. "This was a great idea you guys! I can't wait to get all prettied up again!" she added with a goofy grin. "So how much do I owe you?"

"Haha! Hey Courtney! 5 galleons it is then!" said Kat as she handed over the money. "I'll be flying solo to this one I guess." she added with a slight frown across her face, but then added quickly, "Oh well this way I can dance with whomever I please!"

Kaela smiled weakly as she wrote 'Vanderhol' on the ticket and the parchment. She handed the ticket over to Kat and put the galleons into the moneybox.

"Bye Kat," Kaela said with a slight wave. "All right, who's next?" She was in a slightly better mood, partly due to the fact that she was occupied, so her mind couldn't wander.

[color=cc66ff]As Kat left she stepped forward to see Kaela, who she had met in the Second Hand Store. She said to her,"Hi. Can I get one ticket. It seems I'll be dancing alone." Lemina was upset that she was going alone but tried to keep her spirits up and just enjoy what was there.[/color]

"Hey, most people are going alone," Kaela said to the girl from the second hand shop. "I'm sorry, what's your name?"

[color=cc66ff]"Yeah, I know. I..." she was about to try to explain her love life but forgot about it since it was so complicated,"doesn't matter. I'm Lemina. Lemina Troque." saying whilst pulling out her 5 galleons. [/color]

Kaela wrote Lemina's name on her parchment and then onto a ticket. She handed the ticket to Lemina and took her galleons. "Well, you're all set." With a smile Kaela put the galleons into the moneybox.

[color=cc66ff]With a smile Lemina took her ticket, "Thanks." Then she suddenly remembered that she didn't know what to wear, "Umm Kaela what are we meant to wear, is it meant to be casual or formal like the Yule Ball?"

((Is there going to be a section in the yearbook for this?))[/color]

Kiera smiled at Lemina. "Its more semi formal. " she said answering for Kaela. KIera reached in her pocket and pulled out five galleons. "I almost forgot to pay for my own ticket!" she said to Courtney and Kaela who were sitting at the table with her.

"Yeah, like Kiera said," Kaela said to Lemina. She took Kiera's galleons and put them in the moneybox, then putting Kiera's name on the parchment and a ticket. With a smile she handed the ticket to Kiera. "There you are."

((It is possible, but has not been said explicitly yet. You'd have to ask Hilary.))

[color=cc66ff]"Okay guys, I'm off to buy my outfit. Bye." she left the booth clenching her ticket in hand.[/color]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back