OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
After some discussion among the staff team, we have come to realize that too much of our collective efforts are spent moderating and managing the OOC sections of the site, trying to come up with and run new competitions (that are not as well received as they once were), when we would much rather be working to craft and shape the in-character universe of HNZ.

HNZ is, first and foremost, a roleplaying forum - and our community makes it awesome and amazing, but we fear that too much of our attention has fallen away from roleplaying and instead activity in spam/shouty (or concern for the lack thereof, sometimes) becomes the focus of our members.

As such we have decided to hide the Off Topic Board and Shoutbox in order to encourage everybody on the site, ourselves included, to focus on roleplaying with each other (this is why OOC sections directly related to roleplaying will stick around - like Plotline & Story Development). This was not a decision we came to lightly, as we all love the the Shhhh-Keep-It-Down Box and who can forget the multitude of lawlsy conversations held in the Spam/General Discussions/Then-Spam-Again threads of HNZ’s past? But we ultimately determined that this change was for the best and would allow us to help push forward some very exciting plots that we hope everybody on the board will enjoy immensely.

That said, HNZ is a vibrant community of friends and roleplayers and it would be absolutely foolish of us to leave people with absolutely no way to talk amongst themselves on the site. For this reason, a redirection forum has been set up to bring you to our [member]IRC Room[member] where discussion can carry on like usual.

I, for one, am looking forward to the refocusing my attentions to roleplaying once again (something which, I must confess, I have not been able to do in a long time) and hope that you are all as excited for the future plotting madness as the staff team is.

Happy roleplaying!

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Staff Team)

Well, it's been fun, guys - but this was (obviously?) a prank - though, I feel like I was more pranked than you all were. I was hardly expecting 10 'likes' on the post - I was far more ready for dramatic "welp, there goes the site, I'm out!" type posts.

That said, there is at least one large IC site event upcoming, and apparently you'd like us to seriously look at some more. (Though we'd need you guys to definitely actually participate. ;) )

So now - what were your actual thoughts? :p

Am I bad person for not really missing shouty? (I did miss the OOC section though) xD I was definitely fooled though. 100% thought it was real! :shy:

When you first announced this I was like okay, it's a bit drastic but the chat room is fun. Then the next morning (April the first) I was like, hang on, April fools. Ahh, right. So even when I pmed you and you didn't confirm it I sort of assumed it was an April fools prank like the merger was last year. Though it was a little annoying. Hardly anyone was on the chat room, and I couldn't post the picture I wanted to in the pictures thread I just sort of out up with it.

I knew this was a prank. Tenile and I were discussing it all the time. Lol. But I did like the IRC being there, it stopped getting me distracted because I actually had to change tabs to tLk to guys xD

Looking forward to a site event :D
Totally fell for the refocus thing but as my main motivation for being on the site is roleplaying I was quite understanding of it. I did wonder at the time if it was a prank but it was posted March 31st.

Dammit, I thought this was real after the board images were flipped back and the Shoutbox and so on was still missing. xD

Wasn't a fan of the IRC, not having any chat history there was a pain and I kept forgetting about the tab. >.<
But I'm super excited for this IC event! :woot:

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back