Pottermore

Ariadne Reinhold said:
Well, I checked the site. It's an online community, opening in October.
:hug: :wub: Oh, you. :3

I am less impressed than I should be. :tut:

But her dropping additional info with the website will be cool. :)

The most exciting bit is the extra information, yeah xD
There are so many people leaving their emails that it wont open for me xD

What does she mean "Follow the owl?" and what do we do on the 31 of July to get in early?????

Follow the owl = Go to pottermore.com

And you can find out on july 31st how to get in early. :)

Sara Moon said:
What does she mean "Follow the owl?" and what do we do on the 31 of July to get in early?????
Just after the end of the video, the shadow of an owl swoops by. If you click it, it takes you to the website.
I assume we just await further instructions.

Sara Moon said:
"Come back on 31st July to find out how you can get the chance to enter Pottermore early."

You find out on that day.

(Sheesh.)

They say that some fans will be able to enter the site earlier than that. I'll be back on the site on July 31st to find out how I can be one of those fans :cool:

The books being available as e-books is pretty cool as well. I know several HP fans who are going to be really happy to hear that ^_^

Rue Undersee said:
Guys, scroll down and click 'press room'.
Brings me back to the old "Coming Soon" page?

Hehehehe, I am the worst person. ;)

It was up by 8:58 my time. *shrug*

I suppose I should go back and edit a spoiler in. *whistles*

Except my internet cut out. Welp. At least I saw the announcement before it did that.

OKAY anyway my thoughts: I'm a little bit confused as to the purpose of it but it certainly seems interesting, I guess? I wonder how much you'll have to pay for it...

Sara Moon said:
Ugh, I can't submit my e-mail.
Me neither. I just tried and I'm getting a message that the site is unavailable.
I guess I'll try later.

Yes, Claire, that. (I'm capable of clicking links on websites. :p )
It's the original splash page for me.

I is happy :D

What a badass video!
Thanks Nick for explaining it to me :r

I'm pretty excited about Pottermore, but it sucks we have to wait until October for the full release. :(

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen This page, but it's pretty helpful.
" From today, 23rd June, fans can submit their email addresses on Pottermore.com in order to be contacted by the site following the opening of registration on 31st July, Harry’s birthday. Also on that date, an online challenge will be launched, whereby the first million people to complete their registration will gain early entry into the website, and help put final touches to the experience."

Sounds interesting from the announcement this morning. I hope to be one of the ones that gets in early, but who knows. :p

Have you all seen this still taken from the Pottermore site? There are several others over at Mugglenet as well.
It seems...interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back