Pottermore

^_^ Yup. It seems we are.

Ravenclaw all the way :correct:

I'm waiting for the next book. It's a pity they only have the first one atm

I still haven't bothered finishing it. xD I don't know why, it just hasn't held my attention.

Asher Behrani said:
I still haven't bothered finishing it. xD I don't know why, it just hasn't held my attention.
:lol:

I fiiiiinally got my email a few days ago but haven't had time to go on it much but I finally got sorted. Hufflepuff, not surprised ^_^

Patricia Styx said:
I fiiiiinally got my email a few days ago but haven't had time to go on it much but I finally got sorted. Hufflepuff, not surprised ^_^
I'm not surprised either :p
But yay...we can be 'Puff buddies xD

Ugh to Pottermore!
They need to get some decent servers. :r

Pottermore must be run by the same people behind tumblr. :r Ah, David Karp.

Pottermore bores me now. Sorting was the most exciting thing. Since then... le blegh.

I think I've only been able to get a little bit past sorting. I keep getting 'Due to overwhelming demand...' messages that annoy the hell out of me.

Honestly, the most interesting part to me so far has been the new material. I came to the conclusion the other day that I would be far happier with an encyclopedia written by JKR than I am with Pottermore. At least an encyclopedia wouldn't give me a 'try again later' message every two minutes.

A month ago I sent Pottermore a message about my potions problem. I got an email today saying they are just now sending it to someone to look at.

Bahaha.
Ya, their email response time sucks.

Ikr? I wish they hadn't pushed back beta time so I could just make a new account instead of waiting for them to fix everything -.-

My potions are stuck on 'This potion requires your attention'. When I click to complete it I get sent back to the first part, and if I just do it all over again and wait on the page and finish it I don't get my house points and it still says it requires my attention.

Anybody who didn't make it in to the Pottermore Beta can PM myself or Cyndi for login information to check it out pre-public release.
This account will be shared - anybody receiving the password will be expected to keep it private, and if the password is changed there will be wrath against anybody who we know we gave access to the account.

Pottermore has a user survey out.
I replied to it and in the area for additional comments, I was really quite frank with them.
I believe the selling point to Pottermore is JKR's new information for the fans about the Harry Potter universe.
I've read the Harry Potter novels since I was in primary school, following them release after release since the first book. I did similarly with the movies. I administrate a Harry Potter roleplaying forum. I'm familiar with the canon and the universe as it has been revealed to date.
It's the new information that's intriguing. McGonagall's backstory was brilliant to read and really gave new insight to who the character is. It's things like that which I most look forward to. Not pretty pictures. Not collecting random items. Not brewing potions.
Frankly, the implementation of potions and duelling seem like that of a simple flash game which anybody could have created to play on any number of platforms.
If I wanted a Harry Potter video game, I'd buy the video games.
I'm interested in the gold mine of information that exists about the Harry Potter universe but has yet to be made public.

So finally after two months Pottermore fixes my potions problem. I go to let a potion brew, come back and have the same glitch. Obviously they didn't fix anything, just got rid of the old potion I was brewing. I'm extremely disappointed. I'm pretty sure I'm going to delete my account.

To be honest, I haven't been on pottermore since I finished reading book one. Unfortunately, I find it boring now. I don't know, I just thought it would be better because of all the hype about it. :(

I check back once in a while to see if they've allowed duelling to happen again. xD

Haha me too Nick :r
I told them that I got bored as soon as I finished the first book. And then I said once the seventh book is done, the site is gonna die, because theres nothing else to do. And then that being such a big site, they should be able to support a ton of people.
While I would like the game side of it (I say would because theres only really Potion making atm, and it always says I added something wrong :tut: ), I would have been happier with an encyclopedia, like Cyndi.

I don't like the potion making at all. I think it takes too long, and it lies. It says I added something wrong when it should know I'm perfect. :p :r

I just got a message informing me that Pottermore is down for a week to undergo scheduled maintenance. Seeing the message made me xD because I haven't been on Pottermore since the month that I gained access to it. I also heard that it's going live finally in April. Does anyone still check in to Pottermore? Is there anything cool that I've missed?

I check in now and then.
They finally got duelling back a little bit ago, but it's as lame as the practise was.
The pottermore blog was hyping up some improvements they're adding because of user feedback including sound to the story thingys (bleh), and also more information (I'm hoping this means the JKR special sauce, because[note]once again[note] that's the only reason I'm on pottermore at all.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back