Possible Durmstrang Quidditch Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marius Geier

Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Hey everybody,

This is more of an interest check I suppose. With the success of the Beauxbatons Quidditch team, I was thinking it would be interesting to have a Durmstrang team as well. To start my thoughts were that perhaps Beauxbatons and Durmstrang could play a game against each other and maybe in the future (this will have to be discussed!) we could have a HNZ vs Durmstrang game too as a sign of good will for another European school. If you have any sort of interest in taking part please post here because this will decide whether or not I go about having a Durmstrang team tryout.

Also please note that Marius, my character, will be the captain (co-captain pending possibly?) and play as Seeker.

While I'm, of course, suuuuper interested in another quidditch team, I think this is something that needs admin approval first because any quidditch team involves the QCP which is more than just rping & involves behind the scenes stuff. And from previous experience in suggesting the same thing, they'd like to see more consistency with the Beauxbatons quidditch team first before they think of accommodating for another team. :erm:

BUT if it is just for fun/rping sake I'm so down for tryouts ^_^

Also if this idea does go ahead officially in the future, Beauxbatons x Durmstrang should play against each other each year to see which team would be the one playing against HNZ at the end of the year. ^_^

Logistics can and will be figured out later. This is an interest check.

I'm interested, officially or unofficially ^_^

I'm interested, too. This might tempt me to make a Durm character again after Irene Meredith.

Well, it turns out I have an ironclad will when it comes to sorting first years - but give me the chance to join a non-HNZ Quidditch team and it seems I'll happily make up a character on the spot xD I'd love if this became a thing in an official capacity, but if an unofficial thing just needed more people involved for numbers then sign me up!

I think gradually it would be great to introduce more teams, but focus should be on making sure Beauxbatons are consistent and active. They only been up for 2 IC years and it would make me nervous to see other schools join at this point in case it's too much too fast.

That being said I think one day a Durmstrang team would work, and allow for more opportunities between the school and Beauxbatons.

Geovanna Volt said:
I think gradually it would be great to introduce more teams, but focus should be on making sure Beauxbatons are consistent and active. They only been up for 2 IC years and it would make me nervous to see other schools join at this point in case it's too much too fast.
I have to agree with this - though the idea of more quidditch teams is great, and definitely something I'd like to see in the future, right now I think Beauxbatons is already struggling to find and maintain a steady full team. Once they're strong and active, I personally think then would be a better time to think about organising something for Durmstrang! Do you have any students on the Beauxbatons team? Have you considered joining, if not? Maybe your activity and enthusiasm could be a big help to them!!

I was actually considering trying to start something like this after this year, just to see first how active the Beauxbatons team would be. I think it's a fun idea, especially if we can combine it with Beauxbatons. I have a feeling that team would also be more active with more than one match to play, as of right now there's a really long time between the tryouts and the actual game which causes inactivity too (people getting busy or leaving the site)

So I think it's a fun idea that I would definitely join/help with if it became a possibility. I get the reluctance of some people, and as I know how Beauxbatons has struggled in the past I totally get that. But if it were to happen I'd be in!

Topic Closed and Archived
This roleplay development has been inactive for an extended period of time or is now completed.
Thank you for having used the plot development forum and feel free to create future threads in said forum.

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back