Patronus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sound like you could be a Gryffindor Brian!

Your Patronus is the Horse! The horse is a symbol of physical and spiritual power and is also a bearer of burdens. He is a powerful ally against your enemies.
That your Patronus is a horse says that you are a strong person--strong enough to bear others' burdens when they become too much. Be careful to consider yourself and you will be a terrific witch or wizard.

:D

Michael Anthony Carl Cullen said:
You sound like you could be a Gryffindor Brian!
nope I am most definately A Ravenclaw with Slytherin and Gryffindor qualities :lol:

ok, i did it and for some strange reason - Fred's quiz told me it would be an Artic Tern - sea bird apparantly. didn't elaborate on it.

Sophia's one came up with a - Snake; for healing, hunting and fertility! yeah, that's mine alright! =))

Mike's one didn't work will try it again later!

I would like to chime in now that I have read all of your comments, and have done some research.

I believe that it is a decision of the Administration of the board (Alicia) that there are no magical patronus/animagus on this board. There is a lesson as Sophia pointed out in third year Transfiguration about clashing magic. The lesson states that it is not possible to transfigure oneself or another being into a magical creature. There are limitations to magic and that is one of them. Please also note that all of the lesson plans have been approved by Alicia at one point. I know for a fact that all the Transfiguration lessons have her stamp of approval.

There also is a point that I found online that the patronus and animagus forms are typically linked. The patronus will reflect the personality and emotions of the caster. It is possible for that form to change if the person undergoes a major emotional change. This is why Tonks changed from her previous form to a werewolf. She fell in love with Lupin. It is not known, but it is possible that Lily Potter's changed from a previous form to the doe that she had because of her love for James, and in turn that Snape's changed when he realized that hers did.

On the list of known patronus forms, there are a few exceptions to the non-magical creatures. The majority of them are non-magical. I believe it is an extremely special character that is able to have a non-magical form, otherwise JKR would have written more magical forms into her books. I am sure that Harry, Ron or Hermione would have a magical creature if that was the case instead of a Stag, a Jack Russell Terrier and an Otter.

If there is any further questions on magical patronus forms, please pm me or consult Alicia when she is feeling better and has returned.

Oh, and I did the quizzes and I got a persian cat, a cougar and a dove. Two were kinda close. lol. My actual chosen form is a Russian Blue, which is a cat for those who don't know. (And my animagus form and also my avatar)

Professor Savannah London said:
The lesson states that it is not possible to transfigure oneself or another being into a magical creature. There are limitations to magic and that is one of them.
LA-A-AME! If I want to transform into an Illithid (that's mind flayer to the yokels) I should be able to. I mean how awesome would it be to look like this:

Illithid400_1091658758.jpg

Come to me. I want to devour your brain. *gurgle* :D

lol, I got a Siamese cat, an eagle, and a dog

Your Patronus is the Horse! The horse is a symbol of physical and spiritual power and is also a bearer of burdens. He is a powerful ally against your enemies.
That your Patronus is a horse says that you are a strong person--strong enough to bear others' burdens when they become too much. Be careful to consider yourself and you will be a terrific witch or wizard.

I only need the one patronus! and as the one from Sophia's quiz was great, I don't need to check the others! :)

I didn't even know they had these quizzes.

Well Fred I did your one and wow! - my patronus would be a Siberian Tiger.
Sophia's i'm a cougar and Mike's i'm a dog. Not even a cute dog! :oy:

Tin can't get a patronus soo... The test would be pointless, but I bet he would have a magical creature if he could perform one!

Wow, I have role played for over nine months now that Professor King's patronus is a Gryffin, do I need to change it now? :-W :wacko:

n Nick is one of those 'Special people' I mean did you see his NEWTS! then again everyone is a genius so maybe.... I MEAN did you see their NEWTS!

Tin said:
n Nick is one of those 'Special people' I mean did you see his NEWTS! then again everyone is a genius so maybe.... I MEAN did you see their NEWTS!
The NEWT marks I chose for Professor King are, for the most part, required for his employments and his history to make sense.

I know Nick, I'm just saying about everyone elses, I mean I was only gonna give Luxen one 'O' and that would be in Potions and one 'E' in charms everything else would've been an 'A' or below, considering how hard Newt classes 'were' supposed to have been.

I got a Horse, Persian Cat, and Dog.
None of which are similar. I'd rather have the horse. :)

well they wouldn't let me put down that I've killed a few people, modified the memory of you and keep highly illegal goods in the back of my shop, otherwise I don't think I be a dove!

but I do like Peacock!

I goooot....a horse, siamese cat and a deer :p

Professor Nicolas King said:
Wow, I have role played for over nine months now that Professor King's patronus is a Gryffin, do I need to change it now? :-W :wacko:
I think you are okay. I believe that Alicia would have had an issue if she did not approve of you having a griffin. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back