Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Kalif II
Wand
Knotted 12" Flexible Chestnut Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Liusaidh was quite sure she'd never spend another Christmas in New Zealand, any part of it. She'd be home soon, and though her brother expected her to help with the shop in New Zealand, but she wasn't going to spend any time during December in this shop. She did intend to attend parties, but she knew this would be the last Yuleball she'd go to, and as Liusaidh walked into the hall, it seemed they'd gone with the more summery theme for the ball. Liusaidh wondered if other seventh years would be saddened by the fact they didn't get to see the hall in its usual Yuletide. Liusaidh twirled in her dress as she approached the drinks table, keen to get something to drink before deciding what to do next.

Brooke had often found she felt like life was passing her by as she scrambled her way through the last few years of school but it never felt more palpable than reaching the Yule Ball of her final year. She smoothed down her dress as she entered, noting the new Headmaster had gone for a more seasonally appropriate theme this year, and tried to brush the strain and discomfort from her face as she moved some hair from her face. She could struggle all she needed to, but she wasn't going to let it show if she could help it.

She spotted Liusaidh near the drinks table, hesitating for a moment before moving to join her. Liusaidh was always a gamble to interact with, you could never be sure if she was going to pull something or not, but Brooke had found she was at least forthcoming about things in a way she found refreshing, even if she'd never dare to return the favour herself. "You seem chipper this evening," she said, noting Liusaidh's little twirl she'd seen walking over. "Enjoying our last few chances to celebrate as a kid before we all graduate and have to be witches?"

Harper had been pleasantly surprised to see that the summer-themed decorations were back. Although there had always been a certain novelty to seeing the Great Hall filled with snow, the orange skies and crimson flowers were much more seasonally appropriate, and she was glad to have them for her last Yule Ball. In a way, the new decorations eased the sentimentality surrounding the milestone. A white Christmas had always felt uniquely Hogwarts. This felt normal.

After many pictures with friends and a tour around the dance floor, Harper decided to head for the drinks table. As she surveyed the colourful array of drinks, she overheard someone mention the g-word. She glanced up to see Liusaidh and Brooke nearby. "You say that like being a witch will be a bad thing," she chimed in with a grin. "I reckon the parties will be even better once we graduate." It was true that the Hogwarts dances were always impressive, but they were still technically school functions. Harper had to imagine that parties in the real world were even more fun.

Liusaidh glanced at Brooke and laughed lightly, she had been about to comment when they were equally joined by Harper. ”You also say that like I'll ever have to raise a finger,” Liusaidh joked, she might be an adult and might be soon leaving the school, but Liusaidh could phone in most days if she wanted. She didn't need to work. ”Proper adult magical parties are even better than this,” she agreed with harper. ”My family used to host proper yuletide celebrations, I think I'll bring it back,” Liusaidh said with a smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back