Malfoy Manor 3

Liz knew she shouldn't tell him. Knew she shouldn't trust him.

But she did.

Her expression softened. "Come here" she then began hissing into his ear, telling him the secret.

((I'll PM you :D ))

Garett stood back and looked at her in surprise, but he regained his composure, not that shocked about it. "I know just the person who can help you too." He smiled, and added, "Did you tell Estrella?"

Liz bit her lip. "I haven't told anyone. I didn't want to scare Estrella, and grandfather would hate me more. And his hatred hurts." she half-grinned.

"Well, good thing you didn't go running out of the room." she smiled, much calmer now. "Who is it that could help me?"

"Arcturus," Garett replied in Parseltongue. "I will tell him about it in the morning. I am sure that he could get it for you, he is one himself."

Liz's eyes went wide. "Really?" she paused, then held back a laugh. "Thank merlin it's not Vladmir. Arcturus is actually quite... interesting. He agreed to let me paint his nails hot pink sometime." Liz grinned. "I'm holding him to that"

Her grin faded into a small smile. "Anyhow... thank you." she looked at him again. "I almost hate to say it, but your presence it making this a much less hellish experience."

Liz bit her lip. "Why are you one of them, anyway? You seem different, unless it's all an act. And if so, you're an amazing actor."

"I don't know," Garett replied. "I've just always been one of them, and I guess I always will." He looked around the room. "I will talk to Arcturus. But I better let you go back to bed, your grandfather wouldn't like me keeping you up." He turned and walked towards the door.

Liz watched him leave, not knowing if she was sadder or happier than when he came.

Big problem, solved. she thought Small problem, turned into a big problem.

She settled into the pillow, and closed her eyes, hoping for a visit from Arcturus tomorrow, and maybe even Garett as well. In any case, she'd kept a bottle of nail polish from her trunk, which she'd be sure to use on Arcturus.

The next month that passed was pure agony. Not literally, but in ways of being bored. Lucius Malfoy, it seemed, was serious on his declaration. Estrella and Liz were no longer allowed to talk to each other during the day. They were lucky if they passed a word between meals, and the walks they were allowed twice a day. Quidditch was forgotten, and both girls couldn't wait to get out of there.

Estrella had noted with anger that Vladmir had returned. Liz would just be itching to say something, she knew it, and although it was funny, it would just cause more trouble. To add on top of things, he now made snide remarks to Estrella almost 24/7 about the fact that she was a filthy half-blood. And every time she retorted, she was smacked across the face.

Lucius had announced at dinner that her father would be returning. Oh joy, Estrella thought bitterly, choosing not to say anything. She passed a glance to Liz, whose father was also coming over in about a week.

Estrella gasped as Liz told her her secret one day, under the supervision of Arcturus and Garett. She was not judgmental, however, and just accepted the fact, giving Liz a hug. On another walk through the manor to get some exercise, she was surprised as Liz pulled her to the side once more.

Liz whispered to Estrella as quietly as possible. "Get it."

They'd discussed the meaning behind these words- Liz was almost done with her part of their escape plan. Now she needed Estrella's bit.

Liz turned, and continued walking between Estrella and Garett. Since that night a month ago when he'd helped her, they'd talking almost everyday. In secret, of course.

Liz was really starting to like him, against her better judgment.

Estrella was determined to get out of there, but she was also freaked out. How in the world is this going to work? she thought to herself. On impulse, she walked up to Arcturus, and plucked a few hairs from his head. She smiled apologetically as he swore, rubbing his head. Thinking quickly, she pretended to squash a bug on the wall. "Damned spiders," she said, "They're all over the place. They never stop biting."

Liz continued walking along with Garett, distracting him as Estrella plucked Arcturus's hairs. "Come to my room tonight." she whispered, in parseltongue.

Garett nodded. He enjoyed their talks, and would be glad to have another one.

All he could think about at the moment though, was how glad he was the neither Liz nor Lucius knew how much he enjoyed those talks.

That night, he crawled under the door in his animagus form. "Hey" he hissed, as he turned into his human form, grinning.

Liz smiled, "Hey" she looked around for a moment, before blushing.

She was going to tell Garett about her crush. The two motives behind him knowing crashed into eachother, each one tearing at the other. That made telling him even harder. The fact was, that she really did like him. Quite a bit.

"Er... have a seat!" she smiled, trying to push her blush off, and gestured next to her.

"Everything alright?" he smirked as he sat, noting her blush. He had a feeling she was going to tell him some funny story about her childhood. He'd heard a couple, and they were embarressing, to say the least. Fun to hear about though.

Liz turned to stare at him. "I..." she began. The rest wouldn't come out. Before she knew what she was doing, she leaned forward and kissed him, and put her hand behind his head, gently collecting a loose hair.

She pulled back after a few moments, and looked at him, wondering what his reaction would be.

Garett blushed beet red, and he smiled at Liz. He wondered to himself if a bug had stung him, but he forgot it quickly, as he stared at her, unsure what to say but lost in the moment.

Liz saw him blush, which just resulted in her blushing that much more. "Er... I like you." she said in parseltongue, grinning.

Garett was silent for a moment, and then he moved in to kiss her. After pulling away, he said, "You know, I like you too."

Liz grinned, and managed to turn even redder. She smiled at him, admiring how handsome he was. Leaving is going to hurt she thought, her eyes glinting sadly for a moment, before she smiled again. I'll see him again. I'm sure of it... I hope he understands.

Liz wasn't really sure what to do now. Declaring one's crush on a death eater was confusing, at best.

"I better go now," Garett murmured. After kissing Liz again, he turned back into a lizard. "I don't want to jeopardize anything for us. But you know that I would want to stay longer." And he slipped under the crack of the door, not knowing that this would be the last time in a long time that he would be able to talk to Liz.

Liz watched the door after he left. I wish we had better circumstances. a tear rolled down her cheek, as she stood and walked to the dresser. By the time she'd pulled out her small candy-making kit, several other tears had come to join the first.

She put his hair into a vial, and put it beside the one containing Arcturus's hair. She pulled out a quill and labeled it "G".

She poured each vial into a candy-mold, lit a match, and held it there until the potion had hardened. This seemed so... final. She knew it wasn't though. She'd find a way to see Garett again.

Liz wiped the tears away, and put the box back in her drawer. She brought out a quill and parchment. She began to compose a note for Garett, written in parseltongue.

Garett,

Please forgive me. Estrella and I have left, as you likely know by now.

I don't regret a thing about last night, and what I said was true. I like you.. in fact, I think I might love you.

But freedom is more important than air to me. Charms can be performed to not need air. Nothing will stop me from craving freedom, though, you come closer to it than anything else.

Someday soon, I hope we can see each other again. No, someday soon, we will.

Please understand.

Liz

p.s. If they ask what this says, it's a warning not to come after us. Especially Vladmir.

She folded the tearstained note, and knocked on Estrella's wall three times. That was the sign that the plan was ready.[/color]

Estrella knocked back three times softly, knowing that their plan was going to go through in the morning. Whether it was going to work or not was all up to fate. She just hoped to all things that it would, and they wouldn't be stopped.

Liz crawled back into bed, and sobbed quietly into her pillow. After several hours, she finally fell into an uneasy sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back