Malfoy Manor 3

Lucius Malfoy

Pointing his wand at his granddaughter, who had fallen next to her friend, Lucius snarled "You both have been given an easy break, and then you go and ruin it the first chance you get. I cannot believe your insolence, and I do not regret this. Crucio!" He sent the spell hurtling towards Liz.

Turning to Lief, Lucius hissed, "Miss Drage is your niece, and you can lash out any punishment you please. I can guarantee that Tristan will not care if it comes from you."

This was worst than last time. Liz curled up into a ball, tears streaming down her face. So much for not crying. I just won't scream then... something to focus on... She would have insulted Lucius if she could.

Liz had no idea that the power of the cruciatus curse could vary so much, and Lucius was on the far end up the scale. She writhed on the ground, waiting for it to end.

Estrella wanted to pull Liz out of the Cruciatus Curse, but she thought she might hurt her even more if she touched her, and risk passing the curse to herself. Still clutching Lief's wand, she pointed it at Liz and screamed, "Finite Incantatem!" The spell hit Liz, but it did nothing to alleviate the Curse. It was not strong enough. In her frustration, Estrella bellowed, "Stupefy!" and waved her wand at Lucius, a stream of red magic shooting from her wand as she attempted to break his concentration.

Lucius sidestepped the spell, but he broke the curse from Liz for a moment, smiling wickedly and hissing, "You know how to duel, Miss Drage. Very well, then. I call this fair game." He pointed his wand at her, and screamed, "Expelliarmus!" knocking the wand out of her hand and sliding on the floor towards Lief. Without giving her any time to move, he performed the Babbling Curse.

Liz was looking around for something to use as a distraction. She looked out the window, and gasped. That moment in which the curse was lifted gave her time to find something... and then the curse was back. This time, though, she could hopefully get the attention of her grandfather. Well, she would if he knew what was good for him.

"Gra.. grandfath... er." she choked out between sobs. "St-stop..." she clenched her eyes. Well, I could have been a bit less eloquent about that, I suppose, she thought sarcastically. Gritting her teeth, she hissed. "Lis..ten"

Estrella talked uncontrollably, loud and boisterous. Her string of sentences made no sense as she attempted to take shelter behind a bookcase. She screamed, "PURPLE IS MY FAVORITE COLOR!" as she was hit by the Cruciatus Curse, and she fell onto the floor, bellowing random things. She could not see who had hit her, but she had a pretty good idea who it was.

Neither Lief nor Lissandra were participating in punishing the girls; neither of them knew what to do. Lief had picked up his wand, but he did not point it at his niece. He only could watch Lucius switching off crucioing both of the girls, the old man glaring at him in disbelief that he was not helping him.

Lucius used the Cruciatus Curse back and forth between the girls, giving neither of them time to move. He simply set aside his granddaughter's pleas, hissing, "I've done enough of listening to you, Elizabeth. You've crossed the line, and I do not feel sorry for you."

He turned to Lief, snarling at the reluctant man, "What are you doing, standing there like an idiot?" In the time he had taken to talk to the man, he saw Tristan's daughter, who had started to crawl away through the bookshelves. He attempted to hit her with the curse again, but missed, the spell spiraling into the books and sending them plummeting off the shelves.

Liz winced. He probably wasn't a good person to tell anyway... but she needed to tell someone, and tell them soon.

She befan crawling towards Lucius, slowly. She wasn't sure if she was going to try to snap his wand in half, punch him in the face, or plead with him to leave them alone. She'd decide when she got there.

Estrella gasped in pain as four or five books pounded on her skull; she collapsed on the ground, the babbling curse wearing off but she still blurted random words. She could hear Liz pleading with her grandfather far off, her whole body burning with pain. She could see stars, a million little pinpricks dancing against a black carpet.

Lucius pulled away from his pleading granddaughter, glaring her down with malicious spite. "I've had more than enough of your tricks," he hissed. He could hear no more from the other girl; she appeared to have stopped moving.

Liz fell back, writhing. When was he going to stop? She laid on the ground crying, biting her lip out of frustration more than pain. There wasn't anything she could do for herself or Estrella now, and that thought was driving her insane. The only thing that helped her cling to sanity was not screaming. Something she could focus on. Otherwise, there would only be pain.

She laid there, not fighting, just waiting.

Lucius looked down on his granddaughter, looming over her. Pointing his wand at her neck, he hissed, "Spit it out. Any wisecracks and I'll unleash my anger upon you tenfold." The vein in his neck was popping, his eyes wild; he was serious.

Liz looked up at him, opened her mouth, then closed it. "None" she said, and turned away from him, closing her eyes. She was scared that she might die with this pain amplified to even just double.

The only thing preventing her from passing out was the pain that wouldn't go away.

"What is the matter?" Lucius snarled. "Did you have anything crucial to tell me, or are you just going to sit there?"

Liz bit her lip. She couldn't tell him. He might hate her even more for it. And he'd make his hatred known. She'd tell someone else.

"No" she croaked. "St-stop."

She curled into a ball, and refused to look at him, as she shook in the pain of the curse.

"You are pathetic," Lucius spat, "An absolute failure."

He turned to the Death Eaters, as Garett and Arcturus had just arrived in confusion. "Take this two back," he hissed. "Lock them in their rooms, and do not open them unless I tell you. Neither of them are permitted their visitation rights and definitely not Quidditch." He bent down to Liz's ear. "It's amazing how you two always seem to believe that you have the one up on me. Your impudence is staggering.

Liz still had fresh tears on her face, and now they weren't all from pain.

I'm not a failure! she yelled in her mind. And I'm not pathetic.

When her grandfather whispered that last bit, she had to fight herself to not crawl back. She opened her eyes, and looked for Estrella. She could hardly move, and had no luck in spotting her.

Liz laid back, and stared at the library ceiling. At least the transporter worked. At least, this was worth it.

Estrella could still see stars as she attempted to regain her vision, looking around for Liz. But the darkness of the bookcases enveloped her, so she was forced to lay back, too weak to pull herself up.

Hit with the cruciatus curse two times in the past twenty four hours
, she thought. Not fun at all.

The situation was much the same as she was helped up, pulled up by two strong men. Her head lolled to the side as she spotted Arcturus and Lief, both of them trying to aid her walking. She stared at Lief in surprise; his expression was devoid of any anger, filled with only mild interest. She gasped in relief that the major part of their punishment, for the most part, was over.

Turning up his nose at his granddaughter, he hissed, "I hope you're content with your actions, Elizabeth." He then turned to walk out of the room as Garett and Lissandra helped Liz to walk. He instructed Felox bitterly to clean up the mess.

Estrella was brought back into her room, where she flopped on her bed, not bothering to pull the sheets up over her. As she sat there in the deafening silence, she was glad that they had been victorious, no matter how much pain she was in.

Once Lissandra and Garett had helped Liz get to her door, she grimaced. "Is that really what the dark arts do to you?" she shuddered. "Make you like him?"

"I'm not here to explain that," Garett growled, "Death Eater, remember?" His face was serious. "What is wrong with you two? You're just asking for more trouble!" Discerning that Garett could handle Liz on his own, Lissandra left. He waited for an explanation impatiently. "And what was that with you freaking out? You were going to tell Lucius something, and then you didn't."

Liz fell on her bed, and stared at the ceiling. "Did you really expect us to be quiet?" she bit her lip. "It's not something like money you're taking from us. Money and possessions we could live without. You're taking our freedom." she paused. "And that's what means more to me than anything else. I won't let it be taken without a fight."

She turned to face him. "You want to know what I was going to tell him? As you just pointed out, you're a death eater too. How do I know you're not going to repeat what my grandfather just did?" her eyes watered, and she blinked furiously.

Garett backed off. He had not expected such an angry reaction from Liz. "You can trust me," he said quietly. "Remember, I'm an outcast. I don't normally tell people things. I don't put people down like that either." He cocked his head to the side. "What were you going to tell him?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back