Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Welcome back!

Let's start with the obvious: HNZ got a new theme. (The other themes are disabled right now, but eventually IF Redux and the old HNZ Default theme will return.)

We have several people to thank for this theme, so I'll take this chance to thank them all profusely.

Nicola - Nicola agreed to create HNZ a theme and designed the layout of this one back in 2009. Life got busy eventually for her, and she started to code the theme in 2010. She then permitted me to finish off the theme if I wanted to, so I want to thank her for that, too. Without her design, original work on getting the theme coded, and permission to continue the project - this wouldn't be here.

HelenaZF - Once Nicola let me continue the theme, I asked Helena to help me finish it off because of her ability to make images and such things (where I have absolutely no talent). Helena made the complete theme image set - including the new emoticons. ^_^ She was also a wealth of ideas and awesomeness. (How forums expand and collapse was her idea - and I love it. :D )

Cory - Cory sort of came along with Helena. :r (They're a package deal, I guess.) Cory is a tireless worker and is master of rounded-corners (or so we let him think). He did a bunch of work helping to finish off the actual coding of the theme, and he and I put our heads together for some of the more obscure CSS issues that came up.

Eccentric Feline - While she wasn't able to help out as much as I'd hoped, EF helped in a variety of ways and designed the quote/code/spoiler header for the theme. (Which was not easy to code, but totally worth it, I think.) She also designed the blog (I call it a lazy design, she says sometimes lazy is best :r ).

Reid - Just kidding. Reid didn't do anything, because once upon a time I told him I'm better at him at JavaScript or something and he decided to hold it against me when I needed him most. :( Also, he hates CSS.

(Our very own) Emzies - When Helena created the base for the new team icons, I knew I couldn't ask her to make the oodles of icons we needed for each team, so I turned to somebody on HNZ who could do it - and Emzies definitely came through. :D

So thank all those awesome people (less Reid) for this awesome theme, because without them this wouldn't be here right now. :D

This theme is something that I've known about for a long time, and have been overly anxious to install on HNZ. I think it's pretty awesome, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. ^_^

The new emoticons were (obviously) based off of the ones that Tony created for us ( :wub: ) but redesigned to suit this theme's setup a little bit better.

Along with the new theme, there are two more big announcements with the board's reopening:
Major Coding Updates
Sixth Birthday Celebrations

Make sure to snoop through those announcements, too, and once more - welcome back!

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Staff Team)

Zomfg I love it!! The new theme is so pretty!! Thanks for all the hard work that everyone put into making HNZ even more awesome! You all totally rock!!

Thank you to everyone who has been involved :D
It looks stunning!!

The theme does take some getting used to.
I've been using it on HNZ and getting adjusted to it the last couple of days. :r

The theme is really pretty!!

I'm a bit lost, but we will all get used to it eventually-It looks AMAZING!! :D :D

New theme - I just love it.

If I do say so myself, I really am liking how the team icons look. lol
This is fantastic!

Wow it's so newww -smells in like a new car smell- lol xD

Thanks to everyone who put their part in making something awesome as this :)

LOVE the theme Nick. ^_^ Great job. I'm surprised Nicola created this. I would have expected something better from her since she was the reason I started skinning/theme'ing long time ago. She's the one that got me into it, as well as Locke, Wesdude, and a few other people. I'm sure you know of the people I'm talking about. :p

I'm loving the new theme, so thank you to everyone who had a part in creating it :hug:

Hamza Khalid said:
I would have expected something better from her
Not sure how to take that bit. :unsure:
But, Nicola did design the theme - although she didn't get in to the details of it before we took over. It's mostly the borders of the theme (the scroll itself, timeturner, ivy), the submenu, and the h2s that she created.

Nicolas King said:
Hamza Khalid said:
I would have expected something better from her
Not sure how to take that bit. :unsure:
But, Nicola did design the theme - although she didn't get in to the details of it before we took over. It's mostly the borders of the theme (the scroll itself, timeturner, ivy), the submenu, and the h2s that she created.
Take it in a positive way, Nick. ;) It's a compliment that she started a very beautiful theme, but she didn't complete it all the way.

The reason I say what I did was because I see some of Nicola's work in this theme, but it wasn't 'all' her, if that makes any sense. Nonetheless, it is a VERY beautiful theme. ^_^ Though there are bugs, and areas that could use touching up, which I'm sure you already know about. If not, I don't mind helping to correct them.

I seriously thought I had stumbled on to the wrong site for a moment :doh:
It all looks incredible, well done and thank you to all those involved.
Absolutely amazing.
ooh and :linda: is still around lol - the emoticon I mean

*standing ovation all* well done :)

This looks great. I refreshed the page and looked away and when I looked back I was like "Holy sh!t!! What's happened to HNZ??" Hehe. I love it though. Well done guys.

Holy moly, I think I'm in love. This will take some getting used to though :p
Good job guys, I'm super impressed, I've barely gotten past this page, and I already like it!
I really love the spoiler bar, and our member title things. :wub:

Totally awesome!

As I'm sure many of you noticed, HNZ's older theme was re-activated today, to give some options and flexibility. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back