Letting off Some Steam

Professor King held back a scoff at Sophia's last statement. 'A little'. He decided he'd just tell Sophia the terms of him helping her and be done with it "I want to be able to choose one person to tell everything about this. Just one, who will not be allowed to tell anybody else." This was all Nicolas had really thought of up until this point so he shrugged his shoulders, "And any other terms can be agreed upon at a later time...." He concluded, hoping Sophia would agree to these terms. "Oh yes, and I want my book back." He added, a wide smile on his face.

Sophia listened to his words, deciding that telling just one person could not be that bad. When he asked for his book back she tried not to scoff. I tried to give it back to you! she wanted to yell, but held her tongue. "Yes of course, you can have the book back whenever you please. Professor, if you do not minding me asking, who would be this one person?"

"I'm not quite sure yet." Professor King admitted, he wanted it to be Cecily, but if things went ill with Sophia and she testified for him, would her witness be counted less because of their relationship? This left him to also think of Arithmos whom he knew but had a very formal relationship with. He being Sophia's Head of House seemed to have a right to know, he was very unsure about anything right now and wished he could tell them both. Though it'd be possibly to change his terms, he figure this unfair and so he allowed the thoughts to leave his mind if even just for now.

Sophia nodded curtly. "All right Professor. Shall I come to your office tomorrow with your book?" Sophia was sure she would not be able to sleep tonight with all the thoughts that were running through her head now, but she knew that Professor King would not be performing the charm tonight. At least I got him out of the Forest she thought with some triumph.

"If you so desire" Professor King agreed with a nod, 'Perhaps by then I will have more terms' he thought as he turned back to the castle for hopefully the finally time this evening.

Sophia took the Professor's words as a yes and watched him depart for a few minutes. After he had gotten a bit ahead of her she followed him toward the castle. She was anxious and excited by the prospect of getting the memory charms reversed. Yes, there were risks, but what did that matter? What else could possibly matter more than getting her memory reversed? It was not as if she had any friends in this place. Well, Bruin might be her friend but she was still too upset to speak with him. The two had Charms the next day and she wondered if perhaps she would try and speak to him then. No, that will make this harder, Sophia thought. Although she trusted Professor King explicitly in that he would not kill her she wanted to stay cautious, as was her nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back