OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
After Cecily had left for the evening Nicolas had thrown on his cloak and doused the fire he had lit in his fireplace, retrieving his wand he left his office and walked out of the castle onto the grounds. The halls had been empty and the grounds were as well, he figured curfew had fallen which suited his purposes perfectly fine. He approached the forest quickly, careful not to go near the greenhouses.

He walked with haste through the trees deeper into the woods until he reached a semi clear area of the forest, fifty yards or so from the first row of trees. Withdrawing his wand he twirled it between his fingers, "He Kissed her?!?!?!!!!" He bellowed, releasing the rage he had kept inside him during his talk with Cecily. "I'm no good for her??!!?!!" He continued to yell, completely enraged. He quickly spun around and yelled, "Confringo!" he yelled, a sharp bolt of light escaping his wand and hitting a tree, causing it to explode immediately. "Confringo!" He continued, quite possibly louder, a second tree exploding beside the first. He couldn't believe he was doing this, but he had a choice of trees, his office or Edward and this seemed the best choice. "You her new beau now?" He mocked, spinning around to face yet another tree "Not if you can help it!" he bellowed as a third bolt emitted from his wand and stuck the third tree, it too exploding and the debris and sparks falling to the ground.

He raised his wand one more time and spun around to face the trees that led back to the castle, prepared to cast a few more charms.

Sophia had been patrolling the Dungeons but she soon grew very bored with the task. She decided to step outside for some fresh air knowing she could use the excuse of her patrol duties if anyone saw her. So much had been going on lately that Sophia had had a lot on her mind, more than she was used to and concentrating was nearly impossible most of the time. It was constant agony and the quiet sounds of nature helped calm her.

As she was walking along the grounds Sophia heard a loud crash causing her to stop in her tracks and whip her head in the diction of the sound. It had come from the Forest, which was out of bounds to students. It could just be a creature, but what if it is a student? Deciding she did not really care and confident in her ability to defend herself Sophia withdrew her wand and lit it with a quiet utterance of Lumos.

Sophia entered the Forest with her lit wand held before her. Luckily the crashing noises continued, leading her closer to the source of the sound. She felt no fear as Sophia was convinced as of late she did not have much left to live for, so death was not a concern of hers.

Sophia saw a tree exploding ahead and knew she was nearing the culprit of what she now knew to be spells. She stopped short of the man, surprised as she heard him yell and thought she recognized the voice. Her suspicions were confirmed with Professor King turned to face her. Sophia's golden eyes widened in surprise.

"Professor King? Is everything all right?" She wondered if he was casting the spells to protect himself, sure there could be no other explanation.

Professor King stopped short of casting another blasting spell and lowered his wand, calming himself and controlling his rage at the sound of what seemed to be Sophia's voice. His hair had started to stick to the sweat on his face and he brushed it off his face, now able to see Sophia. He looked quickly around at the debris of the three trees around him and then glanced back at Sophia, this would be difficult to talk himself out of. "Yes, everything is fine Ms. Stark." Nicolas assured her, placing his wand back in his cloak pocket as he took a few steps out of the clearing and toward where Sophia stood. "Your not supposed to be in the forest." he stated firmly, hoping that this might avoid the questions his gut told him were sure to come.

Sophia was very surprised by Professor King's appearance, his hair matted with sweat and his expression distraught. She doubted that everything was fine as he said, but she knew she needed to answer to him first.

"I was on patrol when I heard noises from the Forest. I decided to investigate, to ensure that there was not someone in trouble. Were you under attack Professor? You seem to have taken out a few trees."

"I wasn't aware your hearing was so impeccable, to hear a few trees from the dungeons that is." Professor King began, doubting very much that she had left the castle out of concern for the noises. "I was not under attack Ms. Stark, you needn't worry yourself about that." Nicolas paused, glancing once more about him, "Or about the trees for that matter." He added with a crooked smile, shocked that he had actually done what he had in fact just done. "You should probably get back to the castle before somebody sees you and you don't get out of this one." He suggested, looking quickly up at the sky and the moon above them. He didn't like the situations he had been put in today at all and he was still plenty upset with Edward.

The only movement Sophia made for a few moments was to blink her golden eyes at Professor King. Her face was expressionless as she considered what he had said. The last time she had been in the Forest Professor King had found her in distress, and now it seemed that the situation was reversed. If he had not been under attack, why did he blow up those tress? His crooked smile did not sit well with Sophia and she frowned.

"Professor, I do not think I can justify leaving you alone in the Forest. One does not blow trees up without reason. Either you were under attack or you are under some sort of duress." Sophia kept her wand steady, her hand not having moved an inch since she stopped to stand there.

"Ms. Stark, it would appear that you're under the impression that I am not capable of taking care of myself." Nicolas said rather impatiently, "Could you kindly lower your wand now? You've no reason to point it around like that and there's plenty of moonlight here." Professor King wasn't sure why Sophia seemed to care so much, the last time he had spoken to her she was more than upset with him. "Ms. Stark, I thank you for your concern but I was clearly not under attack." He finished, wondering now if he had stirred any of the forest inhabitants.

"Nox," Sophia encanted in a whisper and pocketed her wand. "Professor, it is not that I do not trust you alone. I know as an Auror and Professor of Defense Against the Dark Arts you are more than capable of taking care of yourself. I just...I do not like the idea Professor. I cannot help but feel that something is wrong. I have never seen you lose control like that before."

Sophia paused for a few moments, trying to think of what to say. Unable to think of anything else she simply stared at the Professor, concern and curiosity lacing her golden eyes.

"I didn't lose control, Ms. Stark, that was a choice I made. If I had lost control my office would no longer exist or the greenhouses or something." Professor King pointed out to Sophia after she had finished speaking. "Sometimes blowing up a tree is better than blowing up a person, wouldn't you agree?" Nicolas offered with a small smile to Sophia, hoping she wouldn't dislike what he had just suggested but in the end he wouldn't really care. She had been upset with him in the past and he expected her to continue to be numerous more times in the future. "Now, I do appreciate your concern. I had been under the impression that you couldn't care less about me. But this is the Forbidden forest."

Sophia frowned, her shoulders slumping in defeat. "I am guess you do not have much experience with teenagers. We are moody and do not mean half of what he say when upset. I apologize for making you think I did not care, but I do. While I appreciate that this is the Forbidden Forest I will not leave you out here alone, just as you did not leave me here alone the last time we encountered each other here."

As she had spoke Sophia's courage grew. Her shoulders became erect once more and she stared defiantly at Professor King, determined now. She did not care that he had chosen to blow up trees, that was not something he normally did. Something was wrong.

Professor King smirked and took a seat on the forest floor, looking up at Sophia now he couldn't help but chuckle. He sensed that Sophia wouldn't be willing to leave all too easily and thought that sitting down would cool him off, if only in a physical sense. "I don't believe I'm in the same situation you were then." Nicolas began, "And I'm a professor, you're my pupil. I believe that it is my duty to ensure your safety."

Sophia watched the Professor sit down, not moving from her stance. What in Merlin's name is going on with him? Although she herself had brought up the night of the Yule Ball is still stung when he mentioned it. Sophia was very much not over the events of that night.

"No, I would not say the situations are alike. However, I believe as long as I am with you I am safe, so leaving the Forest would not help ensure my safety. Professor why were you blowing up trees? I agree it is better than blowing up a person, but why would you want to blow up a person anyway?"

"Yet you were more than willing to walk all the way out here without me, despite my blowing up trees. How could you have been sure it wasn't something far worse than I?" Nicolas inquired, ignoring Sophia's inquiry about blowing up trees. He didn't feel comfortable sharing his personal life with students and wasn't too sure Cecily would be pleased with it either, though he also sensed that just saying 'somebody upset me' wouldn't satisfy Sophia either.

Sophia rolled her golden eyes at the Professor. She was in no mood for an argument and obviously Professor King was no in mood to talk to her. Withdrawing her wand from her pocket she encanted "Lumos" in a whisper. "You are correct, I was willing to walk out here alone and I am more than happy to walk back out alone. I was merely stating that while inside the Forest with you I do not consider myself in danger and did not see the need for me to leave immediately, especially as you are acting quite odd. But since you do no desire my company I shall take my leave." Sophia's long black hair whipped around behind her as she turned on her heels and began on her way back out of the Forest, no longer in the calm mood she was in when she entered.

"Ms. Stark, somebody upset me and I can't do anything about it." Professor King yelled after Sophia before she got too far away or out of site. He then withdrew his wand again and rain a finger around the curl in it, wondering, just wondering. Wondering if Sophia would tell people about what she had seen him doing. Wondering if Alicia would be upset with his behavior, wondering if he could resist killing Edward when they saw each other at the ministry. Everything seemed to cross his mind as he thought things over.

Sophia stopped when she heard Professor King yelling at her, not yet turning around. She considered his words, wondering who upset him and what that person must have done to have the Professor blowing up trees and considering blowing up people.

With a small sigh Sophia turned and stepped back toward Professor King, her expression blank. "Professor, I...you can talk to me, if you want. You have always listened to my problems, the least I could do is extend you the same courtesy."

"I thank you for the offer Ms. Stark, but I don't think it appropriately, especially as I am not the only one involved and other parties may not appreciate that." Nicolas stated firmly, but kindly. "Is there anything you'd like to talk about -- while your already out past curfew?" Professor King offered, not expecting Sophia to speak but offering it nevertheless.

Sophia frowned at Professor King and lowered her wand, keeping it lit. She did not like the idea of leaving the Professor alone, and she wishes he would talk to her about what was bothering her. However Sophia knew it was none of her business and could not blame him for not wanting to share, especially when she did not want to share with him what was plaguing her at the moment. Although, as she was pondering an idea came to her of how to distract the Professor from his thoughts.

"Professor, what do you know about memory charms?"

"I know enough to be knowledgeable and little enough to not have the ministry stuff me in an office somewhere never to see the world again." Nicolas stated, realizing too late that he had insulted the very institution he often swore by and of course was employed for. "Is there anything specifically you'd like to know?"

Sophia was a bit put off by Professor King's comments about the Ministry. Although her father did work for that same Ministry so it was easy for her to brush them off. She had been trying lately not to think about the memory charms she knew that had been placed on her but she knew she could wait no longer. The opportunity had arisen for her to get more information and she was going to take it. It seemed so simple now, Sophia could ignore the rest of her problems and focus on the one of her memory.

"Well, I have quite a few questions actually. Can memory charms be reversed?" Sophia seemed genuinely interested, no harshness in her voice or expression.

"That would be a yes." Professor King answered nearly immediately, recollecting his reversing the memory charm Bearse had placed on Cecily. He knew he was lucky that gotten evening, having never even tried to reverse such a charm. "What's your next question, then?" he wondered aloud.

Sophia's eyes lit up at the prospect. It can be reversed. I can find out what is missing from my past. "When memories are erased, can you implant false memories?"

"Yes, otherwise the spell would be near useless. People would suspect something and want their memories back." Professor King stated, deciding now to get off the forest floor, "Any more questions?" he asked kindly.

Sophia bit her lower lip, watching Professor King as she stood. She did not know if her next question would be a good one to ask, but she could not help it. "Can you reverse memory charms Professor?"

"I've done it." Professor King stated, drawing his wand and starting to walk out of the forest, hoping the Sophia would follow. He knew she shouldn't be out this late and didn't want to risk her safety because he wanted to be alone. He could come back later, he knew that. "But it takes a high level of trust between the person your restoring the memories of and you, so most people couldn't do it for most other people." he explained, wondering why Sophia was so curious and deciding that he'd answer no more questions until he knew. "Ms. Stark, why all these queries?" he asked bluntly, hoping it wouldn't upset Sophia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back