Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
ML ♡
Wand
Curved 16 1/2 Inch Flexible Rosewood Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Wendall was not looking forward to delivering to the first person on his list. He'd been looking forward to rose delivering but perhaps he'd gotten too excited. The first person was the best friend of Wendall's cousin Leda, but that didn't mean Wendall liked him. To the Hufflepuff, Mervyn was the boy who'd knocked him over and barely seemed to care. He was boisterous and loud and would rather be funny than caring. " @Mervyn Strangewayes I have something for you," he said after approaching the boy from behind.

Mervyn looked up from his toast and beamed. "S'you! Shrimp!" he said, brushing the crumbs from his greasy hands. "Wossat then? A rose?"

“I’m not a shrimp, I’m a boyWendall glared at his cousins friend was a sour scowl. Mervyn was so arrogant that he obviously still didn’t know how much he’d upset him last semester. “Apparently..” he replied to the Gryffindors question, holding out the red rose for him to take with his sticky fingers. Disgusting.

Don't read into this, I'm literally only doing it because I thought it would be funny. Red is so your colour.

:p
Zennon

"Yeah, all right, shrimp," Mervyn said. If you couldn't tease your best friend's little cousin, who could you tease? His eyes widened at the colour of the rose Wendall produced. If Leda was playing a trick on him, she was about to find herself on the receiving end of a whole lot of wrath. Hesitantly, he unfolded the note. Zennon?! That little s**t! "Awww," Mervyn said quickly, holding tightly onto the note. "It's from Leeds. Can't blame 'er - I am pretty 'andsome."

If Mervyn called him a shrimp one more time, he was going to find himself going to bed in a pillowcase full of the things. He had friends in Gryffindor. He'd do it. "Leda wouldn't send you one. At least not a red one, you're not that handsome," he replied. Mervyn looked like a boy who was stuck in Tudor times but admittedly with a nicely chiselled jawline. "You're lying!" he pushed. Of course he couldn't be sure, he didn't know Leda too well, but he felt like this boy just liked to press his buttons.

Zennon has been curious about some of the roses he’d sent, one in particular though had been on his mind all day. Zennon liked Mervyn, he was a good friend, but for as long as Mervyn had known Zennon, he’d never really been much of a joker, which had been a shame. Zennon has always liked playing jokes but up until recently had always felt too insecure to really try and do it. Now though, he was much more confident in himself and what he was doing, and so a red rose had been better than a yellow one. Besides, Mervyn was great, he’d get it! He watched as that Layton kid handed Mervyn the red rose and he knew exactly when Mervyn had realised who it was from too. Zennon started laughing from where he was sat atop the Slytherin table. He couldn’t hear much of what was said but he was almost positive that Mervyn had said Leda’s name. The liar.​

Mervyn scowled. Wendall wasn't much like his cousin, but he'd definitely inherited the family gene of cheek. "Are yoo callin' me, a prefect, a liar?" he asked. Laughter from a nearby table made Mervyn look up and see Zennon. Well, this was just great. Mervyn shot daggers at him, hoping it would be enough to keep the Slytherin from approaching. "Awright, run along, now," he told Wendall quickly, making a little shooing motion with his hand.

Mervyn most certainly was a liar, but Wendall had no way of proving it. It did look as though the Gryffindor was being laughed at though so he could be happy enough with that. Feeling like he'd done what he came to do, the Hufflepuff turned on his heel, instantly tripping up over his own shoelaces and face planting the stone floor. It was a miracle he'd nearly come to his twelfth birthday with a complete set of his own teeth. He bounced back up before anyone could say anything, rushing out the door with cheeks as red as the prefects robes.

Zennon slid off the table as Mervyn was left standing there by the Layton kid. He grinned at Mervyn, ignoring the glare that was thrown his way, Zennon practically skipped over to Mervyn and rested his hands on his friends arm. “Mervyn! You got my rose! I was so nervous you would throw it away! I’m so glad you feel the same!” He said, pulling Mervyn in for a hug. “Love you, Merv,” he grinned.​

Mervyn shook his head as Wendall went flying. That boy desperately needed some velcro. Now, what was he going to do with this rose? After a moment's hesitation, he reached up to drop it into a jug of orange juice - and was stopped by a hand on his arm. "You're barmy," he said, not resisting the hug, but not returning it either. "Fanks for that." Suddenly he frowned. "Wossat badge on you? You a parselmouth?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back