Late picnic

"Is what true?" Nicolas inquired, a confused expression on his face as he turned to look at Cecily.

"That wizards wear long sleeved bathing suits to swim in?" she asked, wide eyed.

"You mean something else exists?" Nicolas inquired in mock shock, wondering what on earth a long sleeve bathing suit would look like, or why people would bother with one and not just use their robes.

She burst out laughing, pulling away from him and onto her back, holding her sides. She couldn't help laughing at the mental picture of wizards in ridiculous wear. Her laughter tapered off and she propped up on an elbow, turning to face him. "You'll swim with me this summer?" she asked with a raised eyebrow, her green eyes mirthful. "What do wizards swim in?" she asked curiously.

Nicolas watched as Cecily had her fit of laughter, "If we see each other or meet somehow I suppose I would." he agreed with a kind smile. "It depends on the witch or wizard. It wouldn't be fair to generalize. What if I assumed all muggles wore the same things?" Nicolas asked in a tone of fake-offense.

"Well, find the right beach and they do wear the same thing," she giggled, then got up on her knees and sat back on her heels. "Let's go somewhere this summer," she said impulsively. "Just you and me."

"No, I believe that would be not wearing the same things." Nicolas teased right before Cecily got up. "But where?" he inquired. He'd be willing to go most likely, but where they'd go would definitely help decide.

She thought a moment before a smile lit her face. "Easter Island! Oh picture it, we could tour the island and see all the mysterious statues. I've heard it's lovely during the summer," she cajoled.

"That's a fair way from England." Nicolas began with a smile, "If you can find the time during the summer I'll definitely go with you." he decided with a nod, finishing off his glass of wine as he did so.

"That would be lovely," she smiled. "Although if traveling plans fall through...," she shrugged. "I just want to spend time with you," she smiled shyly. "It doesn't matter how or where."

Nicolas smiled toward Cecily, "Well, my home isn't much fun you've already learned that, so I suppose where should matter a fair bit." he said, thinking about what he had just agreed to. It seemed silly to be making summer plans in march, but he supposed it was better early than never.

She nodded and grinned, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "Suppose we should pack this up for the night?" It was getting later in the evening and the night becoming cooler.

"I suppose so." Nicolas agreed, drawing his wand and cleaning off his and Cecily's plates before placing them back in the basket. "I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Yes," she replied, helping to put things back into the basket, "I'll be at breakfast on time." Once everything was in it, she stood up with it slung over her arm. "Thank you for sharing a meal with me," she said softly, grinning up at him. The moonlight was the only source of light around. It illuminated the dark grounds and them.

"It was my pleasure." Nicolas assured Cecily as he too stood and moved off of the blanket he had been sitting on, starting to fold it up for Cecily.

"Thank you." She watched him fold it with a slight grin on her face.

"Your welcome." Nicolas began, only now putting his wand back in his robe pockets. "I'll see you at breakfast tomorrow then." Nicolas stated, leaning slightly forward toward Cecily to give her a goodnight kiss.

"Alright." She leaned forward and let her lips touch his. She felt truly happy when she was around him.

After a few moments of contact with Cecily, Nicolas pulled back slightly and slowly. "Have a good nights sleep then?"

She laughed softly. "I will now." She put the folded blanket on top of the basket and winked at him before turning to go back up to the castle.

Nicolas smiled then went off in the opposite direction to prepare for patrolling the forest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back