OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Tulip Wood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Cecily kicked off her slip on shoes and set down the basket on the newly green grass in the Hogwarts Garden. Although still a bit chilly spring was upon them in full force and she was planning on taking full advantage of it. She sighed and breathed in the sprouting flowers she'd helped along in their growing process. Soon a gingham blanket was spread on the ground and the basket sat in the middle of it. She walked barefoot around the garden, looking to see what the students may have added while she was busy. She stopped at the weeping willow and absently touched one of the low hanging branches.

Nicolas arrived in the garden for supper as he had promised Cecily after finishing helping Sophia out with all she had requested. He wasn't certain Cecily would enjoy his company this evening, but he wasn't going to cancel on her because of his uncertainty. He was glad to have been able to help Sophia and her having survived to tell the tale but now there was the possibility of her father discovering what he had done and targeting him, or worse still those whom he cared for. He had learned also earlier that day that his boggart was no longer what it had been in the past four years, it had been Cecily dead. This knowledge in the hands of the wrong people combined with his making new enemies daily, even just for holding the offices he did, scared him even more.
He took note of the blanket and basket on the ground as he walked past them toward where Cecily stood by a tree in the garden. He came up from behind her and gently placed his hand on her back, hoping not to startle her but figuring it a possibility. "Hello," He started with a small smile, though at the moment the largest he could manage. He wasn't particularly sad or worried at the moment, but it is hard to be joyous when in constant thought.

Cecily was lost in thought and studying the clear sky as the sun worked it's way toward a truly fantastic sun set. She felt the air displace behind her before Nicolas placed his hand on her back. She smiled and glanced over her shoulder at him. The tired lines in his face gave away that today was not the best of days for him. "Hello." She turned to face him, the grass tickling the sides of her feet. "How was your day?"

"Interesting to say the least." Nicolas replied, deciding not to bore Cecily, or worry her, with the events and happenings of his day. Or not yet at least. If she inquired he was sure he would tell her but there was no point in ruining what she had prepared for them. "How was yours?" Nicolas inquired, looking down toward Cecily and enjoying her beauty in the sunset. He was glad she had invited him to a supper outside this evening, he found her presence relaxing much of the time and relaxation was probably what he needed most at the moment.

"Oh you know," she said, starting to walk toward where the blanket waited, "trying to keep everyone's fingers intact. Same old," she grinned cheekily up at him. "It's nice to unwind after a long day, isn't it?"

"Fingers are generally appreciated by parents and the like" Nicolas agreed as he followed Cecily toward the blanket she had set up for them. "And yes, it certainly is." He also agreed, wondering if he had already given away that his day had been long. 'Great, you've very well ruined the evening for her already.' he scolded himself mentally, having wanted to keep Cecily in a somewhat oblivious sense at least for the time being.

Cecily wisely kept from asking any burning questions she had. It wasn't often she saw him this tense and preoccupied. "Would you care for something to drink?" She stepped onto one side of the blanket and gracefully sat down on it. "I have butterbeer," she said, rummaging through the large basket, "pumpkin juice, wine, and firewhiskey."

"What'll you be having?" Nicolas inquired, not wanting to take something unbefitting of the mood despite how much he wanted hard liquor. If Cecily was having wine he would join her, if she was having a butterbeer, he would probably go for the firewhiskey despite it.

"Well," she drawled out, glancing at him with a secret grin on her face. "Back in the day I would've mixed them all together, eliminates the need to choose," she winked. "But tonight I believe I'm having a spot of wine."

Mixing all the drinks Cecily had mentioned seemed more than bizarre to Nicolas and he was glad that wasn't what she was going to have. "I'll have some wine as well then." He stated with a nod, hoping it was goblin made and strong enough to knock a Nundu unconscious.

She retrieved the bottle and popped the cork. It flew through the air and she heard it hit somewhere with a solid thunk. "Oops," she laughed. "Those elves seal these tight." She poured out two glasses and handed him one, saving the other for herself.

'Elves' He thought in the monotone voice that only exists in one's mind. 'Had to be elves and not the goblins' he continued, accepting the glass with a smile and a quiet, "Thanks". He stared down at the liquid a few moments, wondering if Cecily would like a small toast for the two of them before they drank. So he raised his wine glass slightly and smiled dimly again, "To us" he stated in a half question. Normally he would've said it with a lot more gusto but tonight he wasn't sure of the world, let alone a toast.

She tilted her glass up, drinking it and considering him over the top of it. "What's wrong Nicolas?" she asked quietly.

Nicolas took a sip of wine after Cecily asked her question, buying himself a few seconds of thought. This seemed to be a tactic of his as of late and it was working for the most part. "Nothing in particular." he answered honestly, wishing that he could hide his emotions, or his thoughtfulness more right now. He knew he could have if he really wanted to, or needed to. He was an auror -- trained to do precisely what he wasn't doing now. But things always seemed different with Cecily even when he wished they weren't.

She sipped her drink and put her glass down. "Something stronger then?" she asked, holding up the bottle of firewhiskey with a knowing gleam in her green eyes.

Nicolas held back a chuckle as Cecily offered him the firewhiskey, to accept it he would break what had always been a pseudo-tradition for him and he didn't intend on breaking it because of a teenage girl who discovered she has a brother or a boggart. "No, I'm quite alright." Nicolas assured Cecily with the same smile as the prior two times he had smiled, followed by another sip of his wine. "How was your pet you had to check up on?" he wondered aloud, trying to change the topic.

The bottle returned to the basket while she got out a covered silver dish of fresh fruit. "Oh. Well, that, um, is why I had to watch out for the fingers," she smiled nervously. "Hamneda was a bit cranky and he riled up the mandrakes. It was a total mess." She took the cover off and placed it between them. "I got them sorted out with no one being harmed." She shrugged.

Professor King nodded but chose not to speak, unsure of what to say. Congratulating her didn't seem proper, and telling her that he knew she'd be capable of it or what have you would seem to belittle her.

Cecily slanted a glance at him from beneath her lashes then decided the best way to sooth anybody of a rotten day was to ply them with good food. She started bringing out the covered dishes and set them down. "I hope you're hungry," she smiled wryly. "I asked the house-elfs to pack us something and I fear they've packed the whole kitchen." She set out their plates and utensils with cloth napkins.

"They must know how much you like to eat." Nicolas replied with a slight smile, figuring an attempt at a joke and a smile was the least he could do considering Cecily wasn't letting his melancholy get to her, or the evening she had prepared for them.

Cecily laughed, her eyes twinkling in the fading light. "True," she conceded. Her laughter faded and she set about lifting lids off the dishes. There was steak and kidney pie, treacle tarts, bangers and mash and fresh fruits and vegetables. "They've outdone themselves." She handed him his plate.

Nicolas accepted his plate with the same slight smile that he had had ever other instance that evening and started to eat some bits of it. "Any interesting thoughts you've had today that you'd care to share?" Nicolas wondered aloud, hoping to start up some sort of conversation between them that wouldn't be filled with all the thoughts and worries he had had over the past day. He had often found that his thoughts and worries, when he decided to share them, became other people's thoughts or worries and to curse Cecily with such a thing this evening would be ghastly of him and he knew it.

"Well I heard a joke, want to hear it?" she asked while spearing a forkful of mash.

"I suppose so." Nicolas agreed, taking a small sip of wine as he looked intently into her eyes.

She set her plate down and took a drink of her wine, her lips twitching. "A woman goes into an antique shop and says to the owner, "when I was in here last week I saw a big mug with a flat head that holds a lot of beer. I'd like to buy it."
"Sorry," replied the owner, but I can't sell you that."
"Why not asked the customer?"
"Because that's my husband."
Cecily hid a laugh and glanced at him from beneath her lashes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back