In which Cecily gets lost

"Well, at least there haven't been any attacks on students." Professor King affirmed in a tone to match Cecily's. "Would you happen to know what Alicia did after the attack on Taggart?" he continued, wondering what precautions the Headmistress would have taken to protect her students.

"I have a meeting with her tomorrow. She's been very busy lately but she's taking the news of what's been going on like a lioness protecting her cubs," she grinned, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "Would you accompany me, if you have the time? We could go over what happened to us and perhaps give our thoughts of how to deal with this dark creature."

"Of course." Nicolas began with a smile and a nod, "That is, if you and Alicia are perfectly alright with that." he continued, trailing off. He was now forced to wonder if Alicia knew about himself and Cecily... if she'd be okay with it, if there was some sort of school policy against such things. Well, the latter couldn't be true considering Cecily had been married to Bearse, but all the other concerns continued to plague his mind.

Cecily walked beside him silently for a few moment after having given her consent for him to come with her, admiring the stars and the smell of the night air. "Knut for your thoughts?"she asked quietly, glancing at his pensive face.

"Sorry." Nicolas began, turning his focus back to where he was instead of to his thoughts. "I was just pondering what Alicia would think of, well, us." he explained, trailing off once again. "It's not that I want her to approve or anything like that, but her disapproval wouldn't be too great either."

"Oh," she said, her brow wrinkled slightly in thought. "I honestly hadn't thought about that,"she said softly, twisting her fingers together and slowing her walk. She sighed. "I care for Alicia and her opinion matters to me greatly,"she said, choosing her words. "But if anyone disapproves of...us,"she said shyly, "then that will be on them. I'm starting to..care for you..a lot,"she said, glancing at him.

Professor King sighed a small sigh of relief, he was glad that Cecily wasn't going to let other people's opinions get in the way of their relationship. However this was their first real date of sorts and the fact that she felt in such a way concerned him slightly, was this just because she was lonely without Bearse? He hoped not, but there was no way for him to know for sure.

"I care a lot about you as well." Nicolas said with a smile, looking into Cecily's eyes once again as her walk slowed.

Cecily's cheeks flushed as she looked at him. The moment was broken when a cat squalled when a wizard stepped on its tail. She rubbed the back of her neck, grinning at him shyly. She'd never felt this way with anyone before. With Bearse it'd been different, the dangerous aura he'd exuded had made him more attractive than he'd really been. Sadly she'd realized that she'd been in love with the image of him, not him as the real man. It'd taken her long times to reflect, walking along the north tower at night and gazing down at the grounds. Her time with him had been a sham, the biggest farce she'd ever led herself to believe in. In a way, she felt as though once the lie was revealed, she felt...free. The lies she'd told herself to keep herself happy were over and it was time she really live again. Not tied down to a rotten past and spend her time with genuine people.
She glanced at Nicolas beside her. He was as genuine as they come. He had become a good friend to her and she cared deeply about him. It still rattled her a bit, the whole first date, but she was having a good time with him.
"Do you ever stargaze?"she asked, her shoulder lightly brushing his as she looked up. "Sometimes I still lie down and look up at the stars..."

Professor King smiled weakly, caught in Cecily's gaze when the screech of a cat was heard. He grasped his wand in his pocket, his hands still being there. He loosened his grip as he realized what it actually was. "I can't say I do." Professor King began, mimicking Cecily's movement by brushing his shoulder against hers. "You saw how amazing I was at cloud watching didn't you?"

"Ah, but you don't need imagination for star gazing," she said in a mock dreamy voice, "you only need your inner eye." She laughed, her shoulders shaking in her mirth.

"My inner eye. That worked out well in Trelawney's class, I dropped that one the next year." Nicolas explained, anything to do with predictions and the future had never worked for him, quite frankly he sucked at it all. His father had always told him it was because he didn't actually care what the future had in store and that he preferred to 'fly by the seat of his pants'. Nicolas was inclined to believe this and it seemed logical to him even as he walked with Cecily. "I take it you look at the stars, then?"

"Yes,"she nodded, a grin still on her lips. "Although for the muggle reasons, I'm afraid,"she sighed. "My father gave me a book on constellations when I was six years old. It's old and ratty, the pages torn but I still get it out every now and again to look at the stars." She shrugged. "Divination was never my strong suit. I have no visions, read no tea leaves,"she laughed softly. "I'll leave that to my friends across the pond."

"Friends across the pond?" Nicolas began, his brow furrowed, "As to the constellations that takes its fair bit of imagination to see now doesn't it?" He questioned in a 'Ha! You thought you had beat me didn't you' fashion, if such a fashion exists. If it didn't I believe Nicolas had invented it at this point.

(((Sorry for the narritory comments; I'm reading a novel at the moment that does similar things. -shrug-)))

( =)) Niicee! I so have to stop myself from going all crazy with narrative and descriptions. :lol: )
"The Native Americans I befriended years ago,"she explained. "I traveled with my grandmother to the swamps of Florida. I met the greatest people. Their elder took a shine to me, told me the most wonderful and outrageous stories. He also gave me my first taste of tobacco, for which my grandmother never forgave. He sent her flowers every year as a peace offering,"she laughed. "He tried to teach me about their vision quests and reading the stars. I never could understand anything past the constellations I'd grown up reading about."

(((Z11 died after I posted! :mad: Then I typed it AGAIN and it went down again :(( )))

"You have quite the interesting past." Nicolas began with a smile, "Was this before or after you had been excepted to Hogwarts?" he then inquired. The night was growing older and they would have to part in time; in what manner or when he did not know, and he decided to leave worrying about it until Cecily decided it beat to part, for now he pushed it out of his mind.

"It was my second year during Christmas hols,"she replied, a wistful smile on her lips. "My grandmother sensed my parents needed a vacation and she whisked me right up, taking me with her on one of our many journeys together. She was a spirited old bird,"she laughed. "She had friends in so many places. Sometimes I suspected she wasn't a muggle but she never talked about magic,"she said, puzzled still. "The people I met through her though...they weren't normal." She shrugged. "I guess I just always accepted things at face value with her."
"What about you?" she asked. "Did you have any adventures when you were young?"

(That is the worst! :unsure: )

Professor King listened to Cecily's story in silence; it did seem strange that her grandmother appeared to have such strong ties with people so exposed to magic and it's powers yet not be a witch. "I can't recall any adventures I may have had as a child." Nicolas began, searching his mind for the remains of any memory which he could share but after a quite few seconds he could find none, "I guess I had a pretty normal childhood." he explained with a shrug.

"A normal childhood,"she sighed, glancing at him. "Mine was pretty normal, I guess,"she shrugged, then thought better of it. Perhaps she'd not mention the pirates until a later date. "Well, the parts involving my parents,"she amended, laughing.
The lights were lit up in the street lamps and she noticed with a bit of shock that all of the shops were dark. No one hardly passed them at all now. "Oh,"she said in surprise, "I didn't realize how late it is. We should head back to the castle,"she looked up at him, disappointed it had to end so soon but knew they'd both be dragging by the morning if they stayed out any later.

"Nor did I." Nicolas began, this was their first date of sorts and he wasn't very sure in which manner they should part, deciding to allow Cecily to decide he simply smiled and looked down towards her.

"Apparate there?"she asked, grinning. "I'll race you,"she said impishly.

"Sure." Professor King started, a meek smile on his face. "On three then?" He asked; "Just promise me you won't get lost again."

"Witch's honor,"she giggled, holding up one hand solemnly. "One...two...three!" she apparated away with a resounding crack, reappearing at the Apparition point at Hogwarts on the grounds.

"Uh-huh" Professor King began with a wink as Cecily counted down, as soon as she said three he pictured the Hogwarts Grounds and willed himself there; appearing in quick time right after Cecily had appeared. "I'd say you cheated." He began, faking annoyance and spinnign around so as not to face her.

"Cheated!"she squawked, plunking her hands on her hips and huffing mock indignantly. "I'll have you know sir that I...okay, yeah, I cheated," she laughed, poking his back to get him to turn around.

"Yes, I was quite sure of it." Nicolas continued, turning around as Cecily poked him, "It really is quite a shame the things you resort to." he finished with a wink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back