In which Cecily gets lost

Cecily let Nicolas lead her, looking over her shoulder at the man. She glared at him, her attractive features taking on a feral look, her scars pronounced on her jaw and neck. On the usually bubbly woman it was unnerving and creepy.
She wanted to rip into him. But she didn't want to cause Nicolas more trouble. She focused on the road in front of them, walking beside Nicolas once more.

"I hope that didn't ruin your evening." Nicolas began quietly, "I'm sorry if how I responded to him offended you, sometimes he just goes a little too far though."

Cecily threaded her arm through his. "I thought you were brilliant,"she said sincerely, her eyes adoring on him.

"Well I'm not so sure it was the brightest thing for me to do." He continued, approaching the entrance of the Harbor. He spun around suddenly to face Cecily, grabbing bother her hands in his, "What should we do now then, we can't let him ruin the evening." he began, a grin on his face. "Or would you rather go back to the castle?" he inquired with hesitance.

"I would love an ice cream cone and to walk along the harbor,"Cecily said wistfully, liking this whimsical side of him.

"Well then that's what we'll do." Professor King began, walking beside Cecily once again. he was glad this was a weekend and they had no classes to tend to the next day. "I just hope the parlor is still open." he mused.

"If not, we shall bang on the windows until we get service,"she said, waving an arm out to the side and laughing.

(Would you like to continue RPing here or would you like to move to the ice cream parlor? I'm cool with just RPing we got one, if you'd like.)

(((Dunno, what do you figure?)))

Professor King smirked, "I'm not so sure Ms. Fortescue would appreciate that." he started, turning in the direction of the Icecream parlor now. "Didn't you just eat tiramisu?" he teased.

(Eh, let's just keep this RP. Easier than starting another one somewhere else. lol. )

Cecily laughed. "You're right. She might hex us." At his question, she grinned lopsidedly. "Oh Nicolas, I have the biggest sweet tooth this side of the pond. And perhaps the biggest stomach,"she sighed, shaking her head mock forlornly. She was losing her shyness and therefore her inhibitions around him. "I could go for nice sugar cone with triple scoops!"
Growing up, Cecily's parents always teased her about her huge appetite. It had something to do with her metabolism and the way her body just burned anything it came into contact with immediately. Her friends used to jokingly refer to her as human bin disposal because she'd eat so much at meals.

(((But we could name it "In Which they Steal Ice Cream" :-0 )))

"So a triple scoop sugar cone it is." Professor King started with a smile, "Though if you're that hungry we could just go out for a second supper." he jested as they came nearer to the Ice Cream parlor.

He had enjoyed his evening out with Cecily thus far but wasn't sure what else they would talk about on their walk with the ice creams.

( =)) )

Cecily walked in companionable silence for a few minutes, taking in the street's oil lamps before broaching a subject she wasn't sure he'd like to talk about. "Nicolas...who was that man?"

"The Head of the Auror department." Nicolas stated, having assumed it to be obvious based on the way in which they had interacted with each other. "Though he's only in charge now because the former head disappeared." He continued to explain as the reached the parlor and he tried to open the door. Luckily enough it opened and he held it so for Cecily to enter.

"Thank you,"she murmured, going through the open door, waited for him to join her before walking toward the counter with him. There were a few customers finishing the sundaes and not paying them any attention. "Would you like anything?"she asked him before going to order.

"No, I think I'll be fine." Professor King stated as Cecily left to order.

Cecily asked for a modest cone of one scoop of mint chocolate chip on a sugar waffle cone. It was cool out so she didn't want to add to the freezing part. She paid for it, took the cone with a friendly smile from the shopkeeper and turned to Nicolas.
"Ready to walk?"she asked, ready to put the less than pleasant times of their date behind them.

"Certainly m'lady." Professor King started, walking towards the door again and opening it for Cecily. "Where to then?" he inquired, wondering if she would actually say a destination or simply point out that one was not necessary.

"Let's just see where the night takes us,"she grinned, appreciative of his manners as she walked through the door first followed by him. The ice cream was wonderful, the chocolate hit the spot and the mint was refreshing. It didn't clear her away of her concerns before they'd stepped into the ice cream parlor though.
"Will what happened in Bleak Street cause you problems?"she asked after a minute.

After closing the door Professor King had placed his hands in his robe pockets, why he did not know, but when Cecily had asked her question he shrugged awkwardly leaving his hands in his pockets. "I really don't know," he began, trying to picture a worst case scenario, "I don't figure I'll be fired, I could be reprimanded, warned, what have you." Nicolas explained with a smile, he didn't really care what Scott would try to do to him. "Though I thought we were forgetting about that portion of the evening?" he inquired, nudging Cecily gently in the side with his elbow.

"You're right,"she grinned, looking down and blushing when he nudged her. "Only pleasant things from now on," she winked. As they neared a certain part of the harbor, she noticed a few large messenger owls, appearing to be taking a rest. They hooted softly to each other but they looked hungry. She'd finished her ice cream but still had the cone in her hand and looked down at it then at the birds. "Excuse me a moment,"she said to Nicolas softly before going to the birds who glanced at her with first annoyance for approaching them, then with delight when she offered them the yummy sugar cone. They hooted and shared it between them enthusiastically.
She came to be beside Nicolas once again.

Nicolas smiled to himself as Cecily gave her sugar cone to the birds. "Would you be opposed to doing this again?" He inquired, keeping his hands in his pockets, running things over in his mind and almost regretting what he had jsut said immeadiatly. 'And if she says know? How awkward will Hogwarts be then?'

Cecily smiled softly up at him. "I'd love to. Next time, you pick the place and activity,"she said, "so long as it's not swimming with the Giant Squid."

"You sure are asking a lot of me. Choosing the time and place I mean." Nicolas started with a smile. "I fear the only thing I can think of would be swimming with the squid."

Cecily sighed and shook her head. "I'll just have to shine up my harpoon, I guess." She walked beside him, nudging him with her shoulder and smiling.

"That may just be best." Professor King concluded, looking up at the stars every few steps. Sometimes he felt like he should see something there, but that was one of the many skills he would never posses. "Have their been any more incidents with the dark presence at the school?" he inquired, having forgotten about the positive they had agreed to.

Cecily looked around them before speaking, making sure no one was within ear shot. It would do no good to have an irate parent eavesdrop about some lunatic running loose on school grounds. Her voice was low when she answered him.
"After Professor Taggart was attacked, I fully expected more reports. I haven't heard about any disturbances from the students, thankfully," she sighed. "The savagry of this creature...the way he preys on magical beings," she shook her head. "It gives me cause to believe that it has to be banished. We can't afford another attack...especially a student,"she said, a shiver shaking her body slightly at the thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back