In which Cecily gets lost

"Yes, yes it is,"she said primly, handing him his cloak and smoothing down her dress, lest it wrinkled. "I had a good time tonight,"she said, looking up at him with a soft smile on her face.

(((Woah, when did I miss the part where Cecily had his cloak?)))

"I enjoyed myself as well." Nicolas affirmed, accepting his cloak. "When do you figure you'll have time to do this again?" was his next question; throwing his cloak back over his shoulders.

"I'll send you an owl, but perhaps next weekend?" she said, thinking that maybe next weekend would be a good time. She felt relaxed and calm and quite sleepy after all the walking and the events of the night.

(LOL!! Like waaay back when they went walking and it was a cold night, he gave her his cloak. Page 1 ;-) )

"Perhaps." Nicolas began with a smile, looking into Cecily's eyes, "I've enjoyed myself." he told her, reaching out for her hand, "Shall I walk you to wherever you're staying these days? The greenhouses is it still?"

"I'd like that,"she said, blushing softly at the feel of her hand in his. "I've moved completely into my new quarters in the castle. No more late nights outside,"she said, grinning shyly.

"Well, there is relief in that." Nicolas began as they started to walk across the vast lawn towards the front gates of the castle. He smiled outwardly; but his mind did not reflect the smile he bore. His mind was plagued with thoughts that moments ago hadn't been there, thoughts that if displayed on his face would not give any impression that he had ever enjoyed himself in his life. Obviously he couldn't allow Cecily to believe such falsehoods and so he smiled on, but thought on with it. He thought of the last time they had been on the lawn together, he thought of what had attacked them and how it was still at large. He hoped it had left; he knew it hadn't. He hoped it wouldn't attack anybody again; he knew it would. These facts convinced him that in time he would have to find the being, or beast, what it was he could not be sure, and deal with it; either by banishing it or slaying it. He didn't know how to find it, but he believed it would find him when the time came and so he smiled on.

Cecily could sense something was off but her mood was so happy she brushed it off, ignoring that important voice in the back of her head. Soon they were at the entrance to the castle and she stifled a yawn, not wanting to think she was being rude.

(wow..'so he smiled on'. Nice. That really gives a lot of depth to Nicolas. :D )

(((I didn't notice I had used it twice #-o I'm sorry :wacko: )))

Nicolas opened the gates of the castle for Cecily in his usual manner and followed her into the castle's entrance hall. He turned and closed the gates before facing Cecily again. "Shall we part here then?" came his inquiry; not wanting to follow her to her chambers without cause, and to his knowledge the castle was perfectly safe. Had he been in another frame of mind he probably would have offered her a goodnight kiss, but things as they were he did not.

(Used it twice? :unsure: Aww, I was paying you a compliment! I love the description and the glimpse into his character. :cool: )

Cecily nodded. "I had a good time. Thank you Nicolas." Standing close to him, she placed a kiss on his cheek before stepping back and ducking her head shyly. "Good night,"she said softly, glancing at him before turning to go to her rooms.

Nicolas nodded, paying no notice to Cecily's kiss. It would hit him in time; but not yet, instead he turned and followed a side staircase to his office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back