Home for Christmas

Robert shrugged "Meh. I don't mind. Anything Lissy hasn't seen before is good. James Bond's an action moving, always with a little snog scene here and there" he burst out laughing to himself. "It's good though, i haven't seen this one yet"

Larissa smiled. Emily gave her a grin which Larissa understood as more than a smile, she was mentally teasing Larissa.
And so they watched the film.
Larissa was really into it. She shouted when the bad guys were right next to him and hadn't noticed.
"Thickies!" Larissa shouted at them. She had never really seen T.V. before.
When it came to the snogging sccene, Larissa blushed and looked over at Robert.

(lol)

Robert laughed at Larissa every time she shouted. Half-way through the film Jack joined them, and after a few minutes Robert had him on the floor for pestering. When the snoggy scene came on, he noticed Laris blush and he smiled at her. He was looking into her eyes, and was just about to say something when the front door slammed shut. Robert jumped, and turned round to see Penelope in the doorway. She was older than any of them at 18, and she instantly rolled her eyes at the Tv and giving Laris a little wave hopped out the room. "Dani and Penny are here!" he heard his dad shout from the study, and Robert gave a sorry looked to Laris before heading outside for a moment to welcome properly, knowing his mum would have a go if he didn't.

Larissa sat there for a moment watching Jack rolling around on the carpet.
Eventually, Larissa stood up. "You've got it easy, Jack." She said as she left the room.
She recognised one girl from earlier. "Hi," she said faintly, not wanting to intrude.

Outside Rose was talking to the girls so far you couldn't understand what she was saying. Robert hung around in the doorway for a bit until Laris joined him. He waited for a gap to talk but it never came. Forget it he thought, taking Larissa's hand and leading her back to the lounge. "I am very sorry" he said in his serious voice before changing it to playful, "But now you are mine" he gave a little evil laugh, and pulled her onto the sofa with him, hugging her.

Larissa giggled and cuddled close to Robert as they watched James Bond shoot a bad guys head to pieces.
"They.. They don't ACTUALLY do that.. do they?" She spoke her concern.

Robert smiled, "No, no it's not real. Just make up and special effects" he explained.
When the film finished, Robert asked her if she wanted to watch something else before they went to sleep. Suddenly he had an idea and ran into the kitchen. "Where's the sherry?" he shouted, and his mum came down the stairs. Robert was already hunting around for the mince pies when his mum had reached the kitchen.

Larissa stood up and walked off after Robert.
"Wha.. Robert, what are you doing?"

(lol i wrote really long ting for dis ages ago thats just before my laptop crashed :p )

Robert called for his mum, and got out 3 glasses and a box. "Can me and Lissy have one please." he asked him mum who tutted and poured a small amount in the three glasses. "Thanks" he grinned and went back out into the hallway. "Try this" he said, handing her one of the sherry's. He took a sip of his own, not knowing what it would be like as he'd never tried some before. "Oh dude" he grimanced. "Disgusting! Do you want the rest of mine?" he asked her, going back into the kitchen "Follow me" he said. He opened the packet and took out three mince pies. "Here you go. Don't tell me you don't like these" he laughed to himself before putting the 3rd mince pie and glass on a tray. "For Santa" he grinned.

Larissa put the liquid to her lips, no sooner had a single drop touched her tongue than she began spluttering, "Eurgh!" She disclaimed loudly, "I don't know what this is but NEVER give it to me again!"
Larissa followed Robert into the kitchen and was handed a mince pie.
She bit into it cautiously, "Not bad," she mumbled through a mouthful, "Not bad at all... S-Santa?" Larissa asked, wondering what Robert was on about.

Robert nodded and smiled at her, pouring both their drinks down the sink. "Yeah. Santa brings the presents" he grinned. He didn't believe it himself, he knew it was his mum. "But yeah," he wasn't now sure what to say. He finished his mince pie and hunted for another one before pouting at his mum for putting them away.

Larissa nodded. Her mother had never mentioned Santa. Godric Sedgwick had once and wanted to make it tradition for their family but Larissa's gran hated muggle traditions and that was the end of that.
The mince pie was finished, Larissa felt sleepy, her eyes shutting for a moment as she yawned.
"Bed." Mrs. Kain said, bustling towards them, "Both of you, now," Larissa shut her mouth and opened her eyes. "I'm not-" It was too late to say tired, Mrs Kain had wittnessed her yawn.
"Robert," Mrs. Kain turned on him, "Make up the spare bed in your room, Larissa can sleep in there tonight if she likes.." Mrs. Kain smiled at Larissa, "Oh," She added, "You will be sleeping in the spare bed." She smiled at Robert.
Poor Robert, Larissa thought, smiling slightly, Having to sleep in the spare bed..

Robert rolled his eyes and took Larissa's hand. "Sure. C'mon" he took her upstairs and layed out the spare bed next to his. It was around the same height if not just a bit smaller. "You can have my bed, it's ok it was changed when we were out" he smiled. "I'll be back in a few" he said, wandering out the room to give her privacy.

When Robert was gone, Larissa dropped off her clothes and tugged on some rather festive looking pyjamas that had once been Emily's.
The pyjamas were decorated with holly and burries, golden bells and silver angels. Larissa rolled her eyes at them when she had squeezed into them; The top only stretched down to her belly button and the bottoms were a little bit short but none the less, they suited her.
Larissa climbed into the warm, she discovered a hot waterbottle in a thin cover.
She snuggled down feeling cozy and suddenly remembered Robert.
"Robert," She called out, "It's safe to come in."

Robert came back in wearing his own pjgamas and carrying a bag of toffee popcorn. "Laris, did you want to watch something? Or sleep now?" he asked sitting down on his bed and opening the packet. He took one and remembered his manners, and offered the bag to Larissa and grinning. "It's ok you can have them." he didn't like them much anyway. He threw himself into his bed and turned over to face Larissa where he just kept his eyes on her.

Larissa smiled and took one piece of popcorn before handing the packet back.
"Christmas tommorow." Larissa smiled.
Her eyes were getting heavy, the warmth of the bed becoming too much, she yawned, smiled at Robert, said "Goodnight" and her eyes snapped shut.

Robert smiled and watched as he thought she fell asleep. He turned over and stared at the celing for a bit before yawning. The next thing he knew he woke up and it was pitch black. He squinted at the clock through the darkness and saw it was 4am. He wasn't sure if he should wake Larissa up because there were a small pile of presents at the end of their beds. Robert just sighed and waited for her, even though it was against what he wanted to do.

At 5am, Larissa's peculiar dream ended.
Her heart racing from the fear of that in her dream, she sat up.
Light was begining to creep into the silent room. She looked over at Robert who was staring eagerly at something..
"PRESENTS!" Larissa squeeled suddenly. She smiled at Robert and guessed.
"You didn't have to wait for me," She said kindly.

Robert grinned at Laris and crawled to the end of his bed to the presents. "It's ok. Really. I wouldn't want to open them on my own, that's not half the fun." he grinned and took out one. He unwrapped it to find a wand. "Woah, there's no way my parents would have got me this" he was admiring it in it's small box, and finally he was happy to have his own wand, which he hadn't managed to get at the begining of the year.

Larissa reached out for a small green parcel and opened it.
Inside was a small white box, decorated with moving flowers. Larissa opened it- Inside was a ballerina, posing. "Dance," Larissa commanded and the girl began to dance, gentle tinkling music played.
Larissa smiled, "Typical of mum to get me one of these," She beamed. "What did you get?"

Robert held up his own wand (snigger) and grinned. "No idea who it's from though" he studied the packet again for clues. "How about you?" he asked her.

By now, Larissa had unwrapped several presents.
"Enchanted music box, A new diary and.. A jumper." She knew her mother had given her the music box and that someone from Hogwarts had sent the diary but a silver and green jumper lay in front of Larissa and she had no idea of the sender.

Robert grinned out of politeness and opened the rest of his presents. Afterwards he lay back in his bed and smiled, "All we have to do now is wait 2 and a half hours then we can get up. Mum starts dinner very early" he said.

(lol.."call me david tennant" ~ party)

((Can we speed through this day and head back to Hogwarts Boxing Day? Only, this forum closes soon))

(lol ye)

Robert gave Emily and Penelope a hug before heading to the door. "Your luggage has already left for you" said Rose, "Go on, you don't want to miss your train" she smiled proudly at them, before hurring them out the front door. Robert took Larissa's hand and grinned. "You ready to go back?" he asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back