Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 10 1/2 Inch Sturdy Laurel Wand with Boomslang venom Core
I've had a brain wave. Looking at the IC calendar February will be here before we know it and you know what that means. IC Valtines day. So I suggest IC speed dating or blind dates, the logistics of speed dating might be tricky. I'm interested to hear peoples thoughts on this before I go ahead with any sign ups. It can be some light hearted fun, it can cause jealousy among couples or not quite couples, can be a bonding experience between friends or a catalyst for drama.

Thoughts, suggestions and general statements of interest are welcome.

Hmm, it's an interesting thought. I'd be willing to play along if you can figure out how to go about it. It wouldn't be easy to set up that'd for sure, but I do want to see what you have in mind.

I think the set up could be rather simple as long as you are willing to keep it sort of short in my eyes.

Potential setup could work like this:

Choose one gender, male or female. That individual would start up a thread and title/describe it accordingly. They would write down their interest and likes in a small paragraph so that interested party can get a small feel for that individual.Next, they would post maybe for or five questions that the character would ask the potential date. Each visitor would then stop in, write a short response in paragraph form where they answer all the question in a small roleplay format. Then have an end date ( a week perhaps) at which time all visits will stop. From there the character can pm the roleplayer to set up a thread for the actual date or can try their luck next time. Maybe all the couples that pair up could be highlighted for the update thread so everyone can stalk in there free time.

This setup allows everyone a chance to roleplay with someone new, or to see all the people interested in their characters. It could be rather entertaining.

Hmmm I think my idea is somewhat similar to Brandon's idea, but tweaked a bit.

So typically speed dating is where every person rotates to a different table after about 5 minutes of conversation. So my suggestion as to how to make that possible in RP format is this:

Each character will make a topic for where they're sitting at a table. A different character comes up to the table and they RP for about 5-6 posts (speed dating is short so your characters would only exchange introductions and "tell me a little bit about yourself"s and ask like 5 questions (as Brandon suggested) to try and get to know each other in the short amount of time). Then after the 5-6 post exchange, the first character leaves, and a new character comes up to X's table and they talk for the 5 minutes (5-6 posts), before having to move on to the next person's "table" (thread).

Then at the end your character picks who they felt they hit it off with the best, and goes on an actual date with them! :)

Does that make sense?
I think that would truly capture the spirit of speed dating. ^_^
My sorority does speed dating a lot as a rush event so I'm pretty familiar with how it works :p

First, this is only for adult characters and not being planned as a school event, right? :r

Also, I think Abby's tweak allows for more interaction between the RPers on the speed date which will make things more fun. :)

I actually hadn't thought that far. Let's go with yes. Speed dating at school might be a bit weird. I do like Abby's tweaks too.

Genius.

Shame my only Professor is married.

Same :lol:

Speed friendships?

Speed dating for Ministry employees? My professor is promised to someone else :(

I'd say Speed Dating for adult characters in general, be it a professor, ministry official, or other. Like one of the restaurants hosting a Speed Dating event so they all went to it. ^_^

The Leaky cauldron perhaps.

The Leaky cauldron perhaps.

If you want it to start soon, you might want to get a sign-up going soon.

We still doing this?

Yes I'll post a sign up tonight

Sorry this took me so long. Here's the sign up for speed dating. The event will take place at the Leaky Cauldron.
Sign your life away! said:
Speed Dating Sign up.
[ul][li] Adam Winters</LI>
[li] Jack Barnes
[li] Daisy Mason
[li]
[li]
[li]
[li]
<LI>[li]
[/li][/ul]

Add Silus too please. Lol. :D

I'm sorry, I just went back and saw this wasn't for students. Ignore me.

I just saw this and got very excited :D
Speed Dating Sign up.
[li] Jack Barnes
[li] Daisy Mason
[li] Jessica Tenterfield
[li]
[li]
[li]
<LI>[li]
[/li][/ul]

So down.
Speed Dating sign up.
[li] Jack Barnes
[li] Daisy Mason
[li] Jessica Tenterfield
[li] Hakon Butterfield
[li]
[li]
<LI>[li]
[/li][/ul]
Code:
[quote=Sign your life away!][center][b]Speed Dating sign up.[/b][/center][list][*] [color=#2F4F4F]Adam Winters[/color]
[*] [color=#2F4F4F]Jack Barnes[/color]
[*] [color=#2F4F4F][i]Daisy Mason[/i][/color]
[*] [color=#1c9c95]Jessica Tenterfield[/color]
[*] [color=#CC0066]Hakon Butterfield[/color]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list][/quote]

Speed Dating sign up.
[li] Jack Barnes
[li] Daisy Mason
[li] Jessica Tenterfield
[li] Hakon Butterfield
[li] Missouri Belcher
[li] Jessica Fields
[li] Ainslee Maxwell
[li]
[li]
<LI>[li]
[/li][/ul]
Code:
[quote=Sign your life away!][center][b]Speed Dating sign up.[/b][/center][list][*] [color=#2F4F4F]Adam Winters[/color]
[*] [color=#2F4F4F][i]Missouri Belcher[/i][/color]
[*] [color=#2F4F4F][i]Jessica Fields[/i][/color]
[*] [color=#2F4F4F]Ainslee Maxwell[/color]
[*] 
[*]
[*]
[/list][/quote]

Speed Dating sign up.
[li] Jack Barnes
[li] Daisy Mason
[li] Jessica Tenterfield
[li] Hakon Butterfield
[li] Missouri Belcher
[li] Jessica Fields
[li] Ainslee Maxwell
[li] Indiana Night
[li] Jordan Trace Vanderhol
[li] Judd Ford
[li]
[li]
[li]
<LI>[li]
[/li][/ul]

Code:
[*] [color=#2F4F4F][i]Missouri Belcher[/i][/color]
[*] [color=#2F4F4F][i]Jessica Fields[/i][/color]
[*] [color=#2F4F4F]Ainslee Maxwell[/color]
[*] [color=#20B2AA]Indiana Night[/color]
[*] [color=#CC0066]Jordan Trace Vanderhol[/color]
[*] [color=#20B2AA]Judd Ford[/color]
[*] 
[*]