Hello and a request…

Qman

OOC First Name
Sam
Hey everyone. I’m new here.

I was on a few Harry Potter forums back in the day. I thought they were all gone after invisonfree/zetaboards went away. Then today I found this one.

Really glad to see the spirit of those forums still lives on.

I do have a question… did anyone here used to be a member of a forum called Hogwarts Palace years and years ago? Between 2004-2007. I know it’s a long shot, but I’d love to reconnect if anyone used to visit there.

Edit: I was hopeful for an “oh my goodness, yes, I remember that forum!” type of response, but I figured that wouldn’t be the case! :)

I know this is a random post, but I ran a forum called Hogwarts Palace back in the day. It was alive, beautiful, and the people there were the best. It looked a lot like it does here. Over the years, activity died out and it was scrubbed when the server hosts changed hands. My old email account I used was inactive for so long that I lost all my old emails and any new ones I may have received over the years. If anyone knows of a place where I may have more luck in my search for old friends, please point the way.

This place looks great, and I hope everyone here makes the same memories I once made. :)

Last edited:
Hi there Sam - and welcome to HNZ.
We survived the Zathyus Networks apocalypse mostly in tact, thankfully I was the support administrator for IF/ZB at the time and leveraged that to save one of their largest and most active forums from what Tapatalk has ended up doing to so many others. It's atrocious.
I didn't know Hogwarts Palace, but am glad our board was able to remind you of that piece of home on the internet - and do hope we'll see you around!

Thanks for the welcome.

It’s a shame about all the old forums that are gone with the wind. I used to visit several others outside of mine, along with the IF support forums. I frequented there as I was learning how to manage my own board.

I looked around here for a bit, and it makes me happy to see how active it still is. Being able to see posts that were made over a decade ago is really cool, and has provided a blast from the past. Seems like a great place. I’m glad you were able to keep it in tact over the years.

Hopefully I can find time to settle in and become a part of this at some point.

Welcome, Sam!

I popped around a whole bunch of IF/ZB RP forums back in the day, so there's a really decent chance I was around on Hogwarts Palace, but if I was it likely wasn't for long and my memory of those days is a mess. I'm glad HNZ was able to bring back at nostalgia though! We're really lucky to have such a long and full history available to us here. (Thank you admin especially Nick for getting us through the Tapapocalypse 🙏)

I hope HNZ continues bringing those good memories, and if you do decide to settle in I'd be happy to chat plots & help you find your way around the site any time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back