Have you ever seen a Cow?!

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Professor Justin Cliffeton said:
Nicolas King said:
Ya, I'm amazed at how many HNZ people have direct personal association with cows. xD
My grandmother has quite the collection of cow things, but that's not nearly like all these ranches and farms and cow training shows.

Cow facts!
Did you know...
...that cows have best friends?
...that the 2013 IgNobel prize in Probability was awarded for two related discoveries: "First, that the longer a cow has been lying down, the more likely that cow will soon stand up; and second, that once a cow stands up, you cannot easily predict how soon that cow will lie down again."?

Where can I subscribe to get cow facts delivered to my inbox every day?

How about a happy cow gif?
http://i.imgur.com/r/gifs/eo4uNUY

So cute gif!!! :wub:

I just saw the new question on the poll, so far I'm the only one to have milked a cow? I actually have a few times. But once I was a camp counselor and it was all girl's week and we went to a farm for horse back riding that week and they had a cow and the girl working there drank from the cow and all the girl's wouldn't try it unless I did as well! Bleh! Pretty sure that was just about the last time I've actually had any milk :r I had to pretend that I enjoyed the milk but I'm not a warm fresh from cow milk person xD The girls who tried it said they enjoyed it as well, not sure how many were faking it too xD

I'm super excited for 2018 because while in Scotland I found a Highland Cow calendar for 2018 hiding in a gas station! Super duper excited to hang it up and use it!

Nope, I have as well. I just didn't know a new question had been added. :p I milked a cow in the same place where I was chased by a turkey. :tut:

I've been present in a milking parlour when the cows were hooked up but didn't milk any of them

I could only say yes to the first question :unsure: I feel like I'm missing out now xD

While I have seen and pet a cow before I've definitely never milked one. I don't think I'd be able to take it seriously and would probably be too squeamish to give it a go =)) props to anyone who has milked a cow, though!

I hadn't seen the new question either. xD
I've seen plenty cows, and interacted with plenty. At my school, we had a little farm where we would grow veggies, flowers, and we tried to grow some limes, but that didn't quite work out. The veggies would generally either be sold for fundraising, given to the canteen ladies to use to make food, or students/teachers would take them home if they wanted to. We had a little lamb whose name I cannot remember, some sheep, and some steers that we would train and show. Generally performed well, too!
We didn't have any cows at the school, but for an excursion we went to a farm and I milked a few cows. I was about five at the time, so I don't really recall my reaction to it. I do remember filling my bucket, though, so I presume I was okay. Whenever we go for drives, there are a few farm properties a few suburbs over from us, so cows, horses, sheep, etc will all be chilling in their fields and whatnot. I also saw loads of cows when I was in New Zealand, to the point where we started a car game simply because we saw so many. :lol:

Nicolas King said:
But actually, I figure maybe the reality is that HNZ has a self-selection bias where people with enough access to a computer, and enough leisure time to RP, are also more likely to have gotten out of their city at some point to see the countryside at all. Whereas the UK study would have tried to not have such biases.
It's also a site more likely to attract New Zealanders, and while sheep is what we're famous for, the dairy industry in this country is ENORMOUS. In NZ if you've ever driven 10 minutes outside any city (not hard - our cities are very small) you've seen a cow. Hell, there's a chance even staying in the city your whole life you'll see cows being brought through on a truck (Sheep trucks are way more common though!) or have a family member who has some dealing with the dairy industry. My dad's whole family are dairy farmers, so I've had a ton of cow interaction over the years (including helping out with milking a couple of times!)

Cow fact!
Did you know...
...Cows only have teeth on the bottom of their mouth?

I think you just hate cow facts! :o

I lived on the countryside which makes seeing and touching cows normal. However, I have never had milked a cow.

The first two were easy an easy 'yes', but i really had to think as to whether I'd milked a cow before. Then I remembered that I can thank primary school for that one. Definitely have done all three!

I have seen many cows in my life and have touched one once where I'm from, in Tuscany last year. I've never milked a cow myself before, though I have seen someone do it xD But where I live now I don't see cows as I live in the city and you'd have to drive quite a bit before reaching a a farm, and only then would you see a cow and other wildlife. When I went to the UK, my sister and I started to count the number of cows and sheep there were (we lost count soon afterwards). And the many different types of cows there are there is incredible!
<i></i>

In case you ever need to take your cattle for a swim, there's this. :tut:

To the 2 people who have loved cows...I want details. :p

Cyndi how can you not love a cow! If you pat it, and milk it and give it hugs you just fall in love :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back