Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Unyielding Dogwood Wand with Veela Hair Core
Why is this so funny? xD

Oliver Foy said:
Why is this so funny? xD
This is a serious matter. :p everyone deserves to see a Cow!

This is being added in the ooc section of all apps.

I was surprisingly able to answer yes to both questions. xD :party:

If you've ever had a burger you have both seen and touched a cow. :r

When i was a kid if we went on a sleepover to my friend who lived on a farms house, we used to herd the cows, feed the cows and give bottles to the calves #IrelandLandOfCows

Oliver Foy said:
This line of logic gets absurd quickly.
You are, then, constantly touching dinosaurs and stars.
Unless it's still cow-shaped I think you should say 'no' :p

Nicolas King said:
Oliver Foy said:
This line of logic gets absurd quickly.
You are, then, constantly touching dinosaurs and stars.
Unless it's still cow-shaped I think you should say 'no' :p
Good point! :D
In that case, I still have been granted the honor of seeing and touching a cow shaped cow.

My dad used to own a cow ranch thingy, And I've ridden an old family friend's friendly bull before. so yes i have seen cows, and touched cows.

Cows are my favorite. They are so sweet. I love them.

I had a calf fall asleep in my lap once while I petted it when I was little.

I have lived on a dairy farm my whole life so of course I have seen and touched a cow

I see cows every time I drive from my hometown to the city I live in now (so twice a year). There's a whole lot of nothing between the two cities so it's nothing but flat lands and cows for hours and yet every time I pass by them I still say "Look, cows!!!!" as if it's the first time I'm seeing them. :lol: :lol:
I can't remember if I've ever touched one though so I just put no :p

This is the best poll in the world!!! :party:

I love cows so much I just want to hug every single one of them :wub: I train them for shows and stuff so I see them and touch them everyday. I've always wanted to make a career out of it :D

The part of NZ where I live has mostly farmland between cities, so whenever I go on a road trip I always see cows. I have pet a cow before but not in a long time. My most recent experience with cows was on a trip back to my hometown in late 2015, when we stopped to take photos of a rainbow. There was a paddock full of cows behind us and all 200 of them (what I estimated from counting) ran to crowd around the fence to stare at us, it was so endearing! Cows are awesome :D

Patrick Vernier said:
I train them for shows and stuff so I see them and touch them everyday. I've always wanted to make a career out of it :D
This is the most fascinating thing ever. Expect follow up from me at some point. :p

Ya, I'm amazed at how many HNZ people have direct personal association with cows. xD
My grandmother has quite the collection of cow things, but that's not nearly like all these ranches and farms and cow training shows.

Cow facts!
Did you know...
...that cows have best friends?
...that the 2013 IgNobel prize in Probability was awarded for two related discoveries: "First, that the longer a cow has been lying down, the more likely that cow will soon stand up; and second, that once a cow stands up, you cannot easily predict how soon that cow will lie down again."?

Nicolas King said:
Ya, I'm amazed at how many HNZ people have direct personal association with cows. xD
My grandmother has quite the collection of cow things, but that's not nearly like all these ranches and farms and cow training shows.

Cow facts!
Did you know...
...that cows have best friends?
...that the 2013 IgNobel prize in Probability was awarded for two related discoveries: "First, that the longer a cow has been lying down, the more likely that cow will soon stand up; and second, that once a cow stands up, you cannot easily predict how soon that cow will lie down again."?

Where can I subscribe to get cow facts delivered to my inbox every day?

I love this poll, I feel like I've learned something new about everyone! ^_^

I'm worried that the research in the UK was for seeing a cow in real life, but our poll just says seen a cow - so maybe some of the yes votes are "I've seen one in a movie!" :r

But actually, I figure maybe the reality is that HNZ has a self-selection bias where people with enough access to a computer, and enough leisure time to RP, are also more likely to have gotten out of their city at some point to see the countryside at all. Whereas the UK study would have tried to not have such biases.

My mum teaches in a primary school, and this one year she had a young class, 5/6 years olds and they were taking an end of year trip out the city, and one of them pointed to a cow and said elephant.

I had a teacher in Secondary School who lived in Meath, which is a rural county, but didn't see a cow up close until well into her thirties

In my province of The Netherlands. Farmers are like everywhere so we have cows, pigs and chickens everywhere. We got these activities were you can play golf in the cow pen. Called farmers golf, also activities where you can lay with a cow and like pet him to death =P.

Stefan Archer said:
My mum teaches in a primary school, and this one year she had a young class, 5/6 years olds and they were taking an end of year trip out the city, and one of them pointed to a cow and said elephant.
Ha!
When we were at my Grandpa's cabin this past weekend, he told us a story of when he was driving my aunt and her friends out near the cabin and they saw horses and one of the little girls said "Horsies! Mooooooooooo!" xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back