Gryffindor Practice I

Alex was a little suprised by Kiera's moves. He looked over at Hilary and gave a little bit of a nervous smile. "So, what do you say to getting you back on your brom and continuing practice?"

Kiera rolled her eyes at Hilary. "Since when is it a crime to jump onto someone else's broom?" she joked as she took her broom back. She swung her leg over her broom so that she could sit down.

As Kiera took the lead, Bruin fell back to the end of the line and then simply peeled off and went down to his equipment bag. He dismounted and watched the aerial show being put on by his teammates with a smile on his face. I wonder if they can play quidditch though, he thought to himself. Bruin decided that he would let the others have some fun for a few moments taking turns showing off their tricks while he rummaged through the bag and looked for a Quaffle.

"Alright, this has been fun and everything, but when are we gonna play a little quidditch?"

Frances was followed the pack as they moved lower behind Kiera, and as she jumped onto Alex's broom, Frances laughed a little. "What now?" she asked as Kiera got back on her broom.

Mark watched as he saw the heroic move of Kiera and thought that it was pretty cool. He wanted to try out for something dangerous himselfbut decided to save his stamina for the quidditch game.

Hilary looked around, the new members were looking rather promissing while the old crew seemed really accepting. This was a good way of starting the year. She then realised she still had a few of the tennis balls in her bunny hugs pocket. She carried them down to where Bruin was on the ground and threw them down into his still open back-pack. "So what's up next captain?"

Katie entered the Quiduich picth and found the team members,some zooming arround and some flying on their broom below them.She knew she was late but still wanted to be a reserve.She made her way to Bruin and said."Hi!"in a loud shout.when she was nearer she said "So,I am late?"she asked."Hi Hilary!"she said waving to her

"Hi Katie. I got your note." Bruin replied with a smile. "You're not too late, we've just been flying around to warm up and stuff. I was just waiting for everyone to fly on down so I could explain what's next, so your timing couldn't be much better anyways."

Bruin turned to those still flying around, pulled out his Fox-40 Whistle and blew it. "Alright everyone, stop fooling around and get down here!!!" he bellowed in a friendly way.

Alex flew over to Kiera, and gave her a nudge on their way down. As he landed in front of Bruin. "What now captain?" he said as he salutide, messig around.

Hilary just smiled "Hi Katie" then since she was already floating there she just hovered a little and adsentmindedly caught a butterfly. She continued letting it go, and then catching it just before it got out of her reach warming up her reflexes as she waited to find out what was happening next.

Frances flew down and landed near the girl named Katie and smiled at her comment. "Well, you could try to hit me but I'm affraid I'd have to hit you back!" she laughed in a joking way. "I'm Frances Peverell," she added with a big smile.

Mark dismounted from his broom and stood with the others as the captain blew his whistle. He rolled in his mind what was going to happen now and he also wondered who was the new member.

'O I remember you, you are a first year like us.' Mark said remembering Katie at the sorting ceremony. ' So which role are you playing?' Mark asked.

Bruin noticed that the team was now pretty much assembled on the lawn and awaiting some instruction. He also noted that Katie and the others had pretty much finished their introductions and decided that he should probably take control.

"Alright, well it appears that most of the school teams are going to be carrying at least one or even a couple of extra players on the roster in case team members find themselves unable to play for one reason or another. As team captain, I will have final say on the starting roster for each game and will make my decisions based on your input as team members and your participation in practices. I will also be receiving updates from the professors if any of you are falling behind in lessons, at which point your Quidditch position is in jeopardy." Bruin paused for a second before continuing.

"Now, most of you hava a set position which I will consider to be your primary position. Katie will be our first reserve and has indicated her preferred playing position is Beater. That doesn't mean that Frances or I will necessarily sit if Katie plays, it may mean that one or more of us will need to switch to another position so that we have a Seeker, Keeper, two Beaters and three Chasers for each match. Ideally, I'd like us to spend the majority of time training at our primary positions, but we'll probably do a few drills to see if any of us are well suited for other positions in case we need to juggle the lineup for a match or two." Bruin was on a roll now, so decided just to keep going.

"For today, we are going to keep the bludgers and snitch stored away. I'd like to play a little four on four game with the Quaffle. Alex and the three chasers will defend that end and get used to playing together as you will need to become familiar with each other and passing the Quaffle around as well as how to move up the pitch quickly after Alex makes a save. Hilary, Frances, Katie, and I will be the opposition. One of us will play keeper and the other three will act as chasers, trying to score on Alex when we have the quaffle and giving you as much resistance as we can when you are trying to score on our hoops. Any questions?" Bruin asked, wondering whether they had understood everything.

Alex was fine with all this. Alex grabbed his broom and began making his way to their side of the pitch. As he was walking by, be bumped Kiera, "I guess we're on the same team."

Frances shook her head in silent answer to Bruin's question, then waited for further instructions.

Hilary finally understood what was going on. She would be playing either chaser or keeper. Though seeker was obviously her strong position, she had tried ALL of the positions last year because the Valkyries kept losing members. "Aye, Aye Captain
Hilary said with a bit of a joke salute to Bruin and she climbed on her streak.

Sam listened carefully at the captains instructions and after he finished nodded slowly. He held up his broom and slung his leg over and waited a for anyone who might've had a question. Before pushing off he quickly realised something and raised his hand in a question "Hey cap?" He said casually "Shouldnt the chasers play against the keeper to give the best challenge to the chasers and the keeper?" and after a pause "just a suggestion" He shrugged..

Mark thought Bruin's idea was fine as he thought everyone should try passing the first level before passing to the ultimate. He mounted his broom and took off to the other side of the pitch. Mark saw other people following him and thought all were ok with the decission. ' Bring it on, lets see how tough the Gryffindors are,' Mark thought as he smiled vaguely.

Alex mounted his broom and took off toward the goals on their side. "I guess I'll be keeper," he called with a little laugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back